On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

8 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I hope you pressed yourself up against the hedge. That man takes no prisoners.

Always keep an ear out for the familiar sound of his Land Rover. Since the day he asked if a friend was my dad ( said friend is younger than me!) I am certain he shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a car.

I always wake up on Thursday feeling like I'm going to die and need to go home. Usually lasts until about 1pm then I start feeling more alive again. Similar happened at the download pilot after the first night

Don't really get hangovers for the remainder of the festival 

13 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Always keep an ear out for the familiar sound of his Land Rover. Since the day he asked if a friend was my dad ( said friend is younger than me!) I am certain he shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a car.

I'd have taken it as a compliment! 😄

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Thursday 24th June 2004…

Felt like every single punter was crammed into the Pyramid field to watch England v Portugal.

What a night that was (apart from the result).

Best pic I could find, but it was bedlam that night.

Mental to think it was 17 years ago!

6B4F046C-6548-43F6-9097-06E3C6759659.png

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Tartan,

All valid points, which I accept. Please see my response above to 'sime' for a better explanation of where I was coming from.

Don't worry, I get you where you were at 🙂 I was just saying why I would watch a movie at Glastonbury, though I am someone who tends to head for my tent after the headline act. So I'm not exactly the most hardcore attendee! 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Not going to see Rocky Horror or Withnail when they've been on those graveyard slots is one of my few regrets at Glastonbury! 

Hopefully you will get another chance as every year they do tend to choose some real fun classics for the late night viewings 🙂

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Best pic I could find, but it was bedlam that night.

Mental to think it was 17 years ago!

6B4F046C-6548-43F6-9097-06E3C6759659.png

Ah so they do sometimes show the football! Presumably this was because it was a Thursday though? Have they ever shown a game Fri-Sun? I've seen this talked about before on here but I can't remember the conclusion..  

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah so they do sometimes show the football! Presumably this was because it was a Thursday though? Have they ever shown a game Fri-Sun? I've seen this talked about before on here but I can't remember the conclusion..  

They did show the Eng game in 2010, can't remember which day it was.  In a slightly off-site field. Biggest mistake I ever made there was wasting an afternoon to go along with my group and join them, just ended up in a field full of angry angry people. Took the mood right down. I ducked out at half time and bimbled off to watch a gospel choir.

Doubly gutted as I missed Ade Edmonson and The Bad Shepherds, who subsequently called time on the band. Ah well.

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

They did show the Eng game in 2010, can't remember which day it was.  In a slightly off-site field. Biggest mistake I ever made there was wasting an afternoon to go along with my group and join them, just ended up in a field full of angry angry people. Took the mood right down. I ducked out at half time and bimbled off to watch a gospel choir.

Doubly gutted as I missed Ade Edmonson and The Bad Shepherds, who subsequently called time on the band. Ah well.

Ah, that's funny you say about the mood. I watched that England game in the pub at home whilst working as a bar maid. Some guys from the nearby town came over and there ended up being a massive brawl that spilled out into the high street. We had to close the bar for half an hour and I believe a riot van turned up. Ridiculous. 

So there were a lot of folk who had gone off to watch it then? Was the Saturday evening, as I recall?

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah, that's funny you say about the mood. I watched that England game in the pub at home whilst working as a bar maid. Some guys from the nearby town came over and there ended up being a massive brawl that spilled out into the high street. We had to close the bar for half an hour and I believe a riot van turned up. Ridiculous. 

So there were a lot of folk who had gone off to watch it then? Was the Saturday evening, as I recall?

Sounds about right. Every direction I looked people were just furious. Ugh.

Think it was mid afternoon?

47 minutes ago, Quark said:

Slash and Ray Davies both had criminally small crowds that day, which was great to wander down to the front and back to our group who have always set up a little bit further back. I remember there were a load of disgruntled fans early evening but the time Faithless smashed it the smiles were more or less back