On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

On 6/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Jesus, that lot could keep you going for days, if you happen to have the right artillery on you when you entered. Oh, and congratulations, as your home bar is the first that has ever appealed to me. I've never actually been in person to a home bar. No, slam the anchors on - my uncle Micks house had a bar in the lounge. A scandalous amount of drinking went on in that house. Unfortunately I was far too young to take advantage myself. Anyway, I was trying to say that those that I've seen in photos have never appealed - up until now.

I have everything one could need.  A box of Hecks Cider a shit load of various IPAs, Sours and Murky porters and enough herb to tranqualise Chester Zoo.  It has been the Pandemic safe space.  installed a wood burner for the winter which was also a game changer.  pot of coffee on the top just smells ace.

Thinking i may start letting it out for hedonistic escapes 🙂

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Fabulous. What a photo - cracking! 

The above said, I feel forced to ask you a technical question - how many batteries to you bring to the festival / have you got some lethally efficient type ones?

And a solar charger … but this easily covers it 

image.jpg

45 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I have everything one could need.  A box of Hecks Cider a shit load of various IPAs, Sours and Murky porters and enough herb to tranqualise Chester Zoo.  It has been the Pandemic safe space.  installed a wood burner for the winter which was also a game changer.  pot of coffee on the top just smells ace.

Thinking i may start letting it out for hedonistic escapes 🙂

I know exactly where you are coming from. We've got a large log cabin at the end of our garden which we let out on Airbnb. When we don't have any bookings we (covid permitting) have very small parties there. The cabin is hidden away in trees and outside we have a firepit - by which I mean an upturned inner drum from a washing machine with burning wood in it. I get the wood from skips etc. So, I know what you mean about having 'another' place to hang out in.

Oh, if you are going for the solid fuel burner then it is, in my opinion, worth investing in a carbon monoxide detector. They've come down in price now from what they used to knock them out at. 🙂

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And a solar charger … but this easily covers it 

image.jpg

Were you in the cubs or the scouts, or both, at all? You would appear to be the Ray Mears of artificially lighting one's actual self up at night, over several nights, survival. 

Try saying out loud that last sentence after a few. I know, it sounds mad (and possibly actually is a representation of that 'affliction / benefit'), doesn't it?

I might just be starting to feel a bit more normal by today. 

Although in 2019, after working 38 hours, partying/bimbling for 64 and only sleeping for 16 out of 120 hours Weds-Mon I don't think I properly felt normal until the end of July.