On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

47 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I can't recall back to 2016 but I defo had a chat with someone at New Street in 2019. I'm pretty sure the person I spoke to was maybe volunteering with Wateraid or another organisation if that was you?

Edit: Having just looked at a couple of your past posts I ca see you were indeed working with Wateraid! What a small world! I can honestly say that our conversation did change my mind about volunteering and it's defo something I will be considering seeing as I don't have tickets for next year 🙂

Well funny you should mention that.  I am heading down there at the end of July to work in the WaterAid shop for several days at Worthy Pastures.  It should be a good step towards a volunteer slot at 2022 festivals.  The deadline has passed for applications but there may be some scope for late applications?

it is a weird feeling.  I have the whole thing booked and planned like the Glastonbury week but without hundreds of thousands of other people and without the music but feel quite excited about a week at the farm helping other people and going for big exploring walks when i have spare time.  Camping close to the Tor on the Monday night and then bus to the site Tuesday morning.  It feels ridiculously exciting to have this on the horizon after the pretty darn dull last 16 months.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't handle spending most of Monday sat on the A303.

Exactly what happened to me...an hour spent getting back to the car, another hour getting off site (Was the muddy 2016 one)  then sat in the traffic on the A303 for about four hours then hit rush hour traffic when I got close to home on the A34 which was another two hours. 

Horrific, and I will never make that mistake again. (Although I did have fun on that Sunday night! 😄 )

Edited by gooner1990

12 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Lovin that Lebowski Sofa cover as well

Thanks mate.  Was a pallaver getting it.  Purchased off Etsy and didn't realise at the time the seller was in Berlin.  It was not long after the Brexit Customs meltdown so a massive pissing contest ensued with DHL about customs fees.

I held my ground and didn't pay extra and then one day it just turned up.  Joy.

Sometimes you eat the bar... and sometimes, well, he eats you

• Upvote 1

Would have taken down the camp by now. Everything back to production. Goodbyes see you next year rounds completed. Last wonder to reflect and look forward. In the car and home.

Some of the crew off to the pub in the evening but sadly I'm  a bit further out .

I'd be home in about half hour to shower unpack and a take away. Rest of the week off so beers and ting till sleep

On 6/28/2021 at 11:59 AM, Jay Pee said:

Hey Hugh Jass

the picture made me reflect on Glastonbury Corner in my Pub Shed.

The Alce Harfield picture in particular.

1624877684051.jpg

Jesus, that lot could keep you going for days, if you happen to have the right artillery on you when you entered. Oh, and congratulations, as your home bar is the first that has ever appealed to me. I've never actually been in person to a home bar. No, slam the anchors on - my uncle Micks house had a bar in the lounge. A scandalous amount of drinking went on in that house. Unfortunately I was far too young to take advantage myself. Anyway, I was trying to say that those that I've seen in photos have never appealed - up until now.

Oh, I've just had a thought. I used to work with a bloke who had a wife and four or five daughters. In order to find 'inner peace' he used to slope off and leave them all chatting, and he'd go to his greenhouse - and drink there. Heartily! He came in one Monday with the brightest head you ever did see on a human. Apparently he'd gone on the lash in the greenhouse at some point, passed out in the heat, and essentially let the sun shine vigorously on to his face. This went on until it dawned on his family that they hadn't heard from him. So, they went to the greenhouse, and there he was - all passed out and that!

On this day in 2019, I was lucky enough to experience the best moment of my life by witnessing The Killers headline Glastonbury Festival. It was a dream of mine to see them on the Pyramid Stage, so much so that I went to the festival that year to work it on my own. The shifts aligned to give me that day off so I could watch them. They were amazing, it really was the best moment of my life. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Ozanne said:

On this day in 2019, I was lucky enough to experience the best moment of my life by witnessing The Killers headline Glastonbury Festival. It was a dream of mine to see them on the Pyramid Stage, so much so that I went to the festival that year to work it on my own. The shifts aligned to give me that day off so I could watch them. They were amazing, it really was the best moment of my life. 

That could have had a really opposite outcome if your shifts didn't align! I really enjoyed The Killers, can still remember clearly the opening chords of Jenny Was a Friend of Mine as it took me right back to playing Hot Fuss for the first time all those years ago. 

17 hours ago, Ozanne said:

You watched what was genuinely one of the all time great headliner sets too.

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

That could have had a really opposite outcome if your shifts didn't align! I really enjoyed The Killers, can still remember clearly the opening chords of Jenny Was a Friend of Mine as it took me right back to playing Hot Fuss for the first time all those years ago. 

I was really nervous before I got my shifts, you can swop them but I didn’t want that uncertainty!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

You watched what was genuinely one of the all time great headliner sets too.

For sure! It’s so rare to be able realise you are witnessing one of the best moments of your life as it actually happens, I definitely made sure I savoured it. 

On 6/28/2021 at 3:38 PM, Jay Pee said:

Thanks mate.  Was a pallaver getting it.  Purchased off Etsy and didn't realise at the time the seller was in Berlin.  It was not long after the Brexit Customs meltdown so a massive pissing contest ensued with DHL about customs fees.

I held my ground and didn't pay extra and then one day it just turned up.  Joy.

Sometimes you eat the bar... and sometimes, well, he eats you

It really ties the room together.

• Upvote 1