On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

Right now I would have my tent set up in the bottom left corner of Bushy Ground, be nudin up (if sunny!) and getting to know my neighbours while having a rest with a "I'm finally here!" celebration beer 🍺🙂

One of my favourite moments of the entire weekend is settling down on the Park hill on Wednesday mid-morning, tent erected, valuables in the lock up, and two cans of Scrumpy Jack in hand. Watching the site fill with people; the buzz of excitement; the sheer wonder of it all. I'm here again!

I'm quite tired at that point, having been too excited to sleep much the night before, so sometimes I'll doze. If I do, then opening my eyes and seeing Glastonbury in front of me is just a fantastic feeling. After a couple of hours, I'll trot back down and see if my new neighbours are around to say hello. Then it's a lunchtime nap, a long wander around the site while studying the line up once more, and then evening activities!

Next year everything will be off the scale - the relief we'll feel to be back will heighten everything to new levels.

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Next year everything will be off the scale - the relief we'll feel to be back will heighten everything to new levels.

Have a feeling next years Wednesday is going to have some casualties and some tender people on the Thursday 🙂

This time at Glastonbury 2019 I had just finished my first shift for Oxfam on Ped gate A where I got to see a Michael, Emily and family come to open the festival and welcome the first people through the gate.. 

Just as my shift finished my friends were coming through the gate from the coaches so we headed off into the festival together, it was just the best morning and a brilliant start to my favourite Glastonbury yet.  Love working for Oxfam - it was so much fun welcoming loads of excited festival goers into the site 😊 the atmosphere and anticipation of Wednesday morning is awesome.

50441C4C-3A94-4220-8BF7-67502B7C78BA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd be drinking in the atmosphere in a state of bliss in the CN field which would be packed. Chilling, seeing old friends, people watching and loving the regulars performing on the bandstand. Had so many text exchanges over the last few days. Seems like nobody can shake off recurring thoughts of where we should be right now. 

Next year is going to be rather emotional I suspect.