On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Never been able to make it there on the Wednesday due to work, and my tickets for next year are Thursday coach again, but damn I really want to get that Wednesday vibe eventually! Looks incredible.

Ah yes, the Wednesday vibes are amazing 🙂

I've never seen the 4.30am queue though! Maybe one time I should, and get into some prime-locale camping. I do love Pylon though...

Just now, Wellyboot said:

On this day many many years ago @crazyfool1 was "born"

Happy birthday mate x

Thanks welly it’s been a pleasure to get to know you over the last year and all of the vm crew … looking forward to meeting you guys in Manchester in Nov and everyone that’s given me support over the lasts years with the ticket issues … time to look forward to the party next June 🙂 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I forgot it was cloudy in the morning - @paulshane's pic certainly confirms in. When did the sun come out?? I think we arrived around 1.30pm. I'm sure it was sunny then, although not as ridiculous as the Wednesday of 2017. The very short walk from the coaches to pylon seemed to take forever that year. 

Just remembered that two of my friends got the coach and the bus driver drove off with all their tickets. Took a lot of faffing about at their end to get in!

This photo was taken at 14:30…so sun was out sometime before then! Bus driver going away with the tickets sounds stressful!! 

AC4B59CE-F188-4FEF-A8F9-0A6999528B02.jpeg

Wednesday morning for me means waking up in my pitched tent on site for the first time (perks of volunteering 😎), utilising the complimentary fry up in our staff camping to cure the effects of arrival and exploratory exuberance from the night before followed by an induction briefing/tour of whichever bar is (un)fortunate enough to have me serving behind it for parts of the upcoming weekend. At first this was exciting and new but having done it 5 times now I can probably recite most of the content in my sleep - and in 2019 I seem to remember I had to show the first-timer manager, who was supposed to be guiding the group, what the best way from Ped Gate C to the Stonebridge was 😂. Main excitement of that enterprise for me now is seeing how much the site has filled up and changed, even in the tiny numbers of hours overnight, and the excitement of everyone as they come in and get the party started.

(I'm now getting proper sad that the above isn't what I'm currently doing 😢)

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah yes, the Wednesday vibes are amazing 🙂

I've never seen the 4.30am queue though! Maybe one time I should, and get into some prime-locale camping. I do love Pylon though...

I'm all about the Pylon too! Has a good mix of not being a million miles away, but also being fairly quiet for when you finally stumble back for some kip.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm all about the Pylon too! Has a good mix of not being a million miles away, but also being fairly quiet for when you finally stumble back for some kip.

I'm also worried that if I moved camping areas now, I'd find myself back in Pylon anyway on drunken autopilot wondering where the hell my tent was.

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm also worried that if I moved camping areas now, I'd find myself back in Pylon anyway on drunken autopilot wondering where the hell my tent was.

😄

We're exactly the same. We picked Pylon the first go around, and never moved. Ticked all the boxes, and we'd just get totally lost if we moved now.

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks welly it’s been a pleasure to get to know you over the last year and all of the vm crew … looking forward to meeting you guys in Manchester in Nov and everyone that’s given me support over the lasts years with the ticket issues … time to look forward to the party next June 🙂 

Happy bday! Also you'll be fine in the resale I am sure of it- this forum should see to that.

You seem a good guy and you're always very fair and polite round here. Have a good day!

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Happy bday! Also you'll be fine in the resale I am sure of it- this forum should see to that.

You seem a good guy and you're always very fair and polite round here. Have a good day!

Thanks Fray appreciate that … it’s great to see us coming out the other side 😀

Another vote for Pylon here. As someone who can easily get social exhaustion I find it's a nice compromise between being a bit out the way but not too far. 

In 2017 my friends wanted to be a bit closer so we camped at Park Home and as someone that tends to finish their day around 11pm it was hellish! The ground thumping through my chest from Arcadia while I wanted to just try and sleep was insane.

20170620_194809.thumb.jpg.f8f4abbcbfc850cf8145259faf2e607d.jpg

I was just leaving Peterborough this day in 2017 (my last visit). I was the forward party, carrying three tents plus my own gear, I set off 2 days before the rest of the gang for a journey by taxi, train to Kings cross, tube to the O2, then Glasto coach to the farm. Hottest day of the year too. I remembered to change my slippers too. I got a great pitch just north of John Peel...quiet at night but still close to the action.

Edited by Stevie P-alike
correction

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Can I just say, that hearing all your stories about the days leading up to the festival and seeing your photos has really helped to clear up my "I wish I was at Glastonbury" blues. 

Thank you 🙂 

I can't work out if it's making me feel better or worse, haha! Definitely vey distracting. 

Just thought about 2015 when I failed to get a ticket. Remember being incredibly glum knowing it was going on without me. This is definitely better than that!!

On the Wednesday a few of us we be up at ped Gate C to watch the happy people pour in with all their stuff  so lovely to see so much happiness and anticipation.

Then back for a shift of sorts and and others during the day. 

Edited by fred quimby

21 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Another vote for Pylon here. As someone who can easily get social exhaustion I find it's a nice compromise between being a bit out the way but not too far. 

In 2017 my friends wanted to be a bit closer so we camped at Park Home and as someone that tends to finish their day around 11pm it was hellish! The ground thumping through my chest from Arcadia while I wanted to just try and sleep was insane.

I’ve always camped on Pennard and although it has a reputation of noise, I’ve normally slept pretty soundly. However next year I may be camping with someone else who’s more sensitive to noise and isn’t a fan of Arcadia’s kind of music so it’s interesting to hear about alternatives. Pylon seems great but the trek through Silver Hayes doesn’t sounds appealing. 

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I’ve always camped on Pennard and although it has a reputation of noise, I’ve normally slept pretty soundly. However next year I may be camping with someone else who’s more sensitive to noise and isn’t a fan of Arcadia’s kind of music so it’s interesting to hear about alternatives. Pylon seems great but the trek through Silver Hayes doesn’t sounds appealing. 

We camp up by jp and no issues walking back through silver Hayes what so ever … apart from the occasional person who wants to feel the lightshow going off on my suit 😀 

1 hour ago, waltere said:

Wednesday morning for me means waking up in my pitched tent on site for the first time (perks of volunteering 😎), utilising the complimentary fry up in our staff camping to cure the effects of arrival and exploratory exuberance from the night before followed by an induction briefing/tour of whichever bar is (un)fortunate enough to have me serving behind it for parts of the upcoming weekend. At first this was exciting and new but having done it 5 times now I can probably recite most of the content in my sleep - and in 2019 I seem to remember I had to show the first-timer manager, who was supposed to be guiding the group, what the best way from Ped Gate C to the Stonebridge was 😂. Main excitement of that enterprise for me now is seeing how much the site has filled up and changed, even in the tiny numbers of hours overnight, and the excitement of everyone as they come in and get the party started.

(I'm now getting proper sad that the above isn't what I'm currently doing 😢)

I worked on Stonebridge in 2019...I’m fairly sure I was near the back of the group walking over and we started going the wrong way 😂

Did you have all the Scottish people as Managers too? 

There's just something so magical about the Wednesday for me. Especially when so much has become a ritual. The stupidly early state on a few hours sleep, followed by either the coach or train (depending on what tickets I'd nabbed) and then the slog to Oxlyers from ped gate A where the excitement really builds as I drag my stuff through Silver Hayes. Then that feeling once you're all set up and your friends have arrived and you set off for that first Brothers pint in the sunshine.

You really cannot beat it.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

All about team Big Ground.  Get yerself up on the hill near the big tree on Muddy Lane. It's a schlep to get to bed, but there's no better place to wake up and look over the site.

Do you need to be there mega early to camp there?

Excellent photos @JoeyT! Even if they do make 2016 look pretty bleak. Is that Strummerville in the top one?

28 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you need to be there mega early to camp there?

Excellent photos @JoeyT! Even if they do make 2016 look pretty bleak. Is that Strummerville in the top one?

If you're camping as a group, yep. Trying to get a group space is a challenge. I rocked up there in 2019 about 3:30 but was camping solo so I managed to squeeze myself into a gap 🙂