On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

Just now, paulshane said:

Wednesday 2019

image.thumb.png.6e83e04805de00e254d952cee8ee70e9.png

Out of context, these queue pictures appear to be really dull...but I love them. Dawn on the Wednesday morning and the entire adventure is ahead. The feeling of the known and unknown, both equally as exciting, the only certainty that the next five days are going to be life-changing*

* once I get rid of this fecking 50lb rucksack, 17 crates of cider and inflatable mattress pump

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

2019 - Would have have been just arriving on site after getting the NX coach from Glasgow. Wondering if the overcast sky was going to disappear…

Cut to about 2pm and I’m already sun burnt.

I forgot it was cloudy in the morning - @paulshane's pic certainly confirms in. When did the sun come out?? I think we arrived around 1.30pm. I'm sure it was sunny then, although not as ridiculous as the Wednesday of 2017. The very short walk from the coaches to pylon seemed to take forever that year. 

Just remembered that two of my friends got the coach and the bus driver drove off with all their tickets. Took a lot of faffing about at their end to get in!

2019. Trekking the newbies up the hill to see THAT view. Drinking some ciders. And then on the Thursday finding refuge for most of the afternoon in a very glorious Strummerville. Right at the top of the hill. Stayed there all afternoon there until Frank Turner. Blissful. 

IMG-20210623-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20210623-WA0002.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Annoyingly due m spotty history with apple devices I only have pics from 15, 17 and 19 on my phone.

Got a hard drive somewhere full of photos from other years. Need to dig them out…

I really can't see me getting much work done today. My laptop normally goes on before 8. Here I still am with a cup of tea absorbed in EFestivals. 

More pics please everyone!!

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Out of context, these queue pictures appear to be really dull...but I love them. Dawn on the Wednesday morning and the entire adventure is ahead. The feeling of the known and unknown, both equally as exciting, the only certainty that the next five days are going to be life-changing*

* once I get rid of this fecking 50lb rucksack, 17 crates of cider and inflatable mattress pump

Absolutely … I hate the bloody queue with a passion and it’s often where I go it alone and just head to camp as I can’t be waiting for slower people … once I’m loaded up I just need to be going … but once in and the tent set up …. Cider in hand it makes it more than worth it 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I forgot it was cloudy in the morning - @paulshane's pic certainly confirms in. When did the sun come out?? I think we arrived around 1.30pm. I'm sure it was sunny then, although not as ridiculous as the Wednesday of 2017. The very short walk from the coaches to pylon seemed to take forever that year. 

Just remembered that two of my friends got the coach and the bus driver drove off with all their tickets. Took a lot of faffing about at their end to get in!

The sun was starting to peek out at 11AM-ish I vaguely recall 🙂 , this was taken at ten thirty on the Wednesday

image.thumb.png.3b68e09a380997e3e7ecae73b785c836.png

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Normally we wouldn't need to check, but you weren't in just your wellies were you?

Haha! I wish! But no, I keep to wearing clothing till I get there and then once arrived, alll bets (and everything else) are off!