On this day…

Tartan_Glasto

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

God, I'll be 49 then... Hope I'll cope!

So, Just a youngster !  I will be getting my pension😁.                      Interestingly the whole demographic of the festival will be three years higher than the norm due to the double roll over of the vast majority of tickets.  They might need a bigger acoustic tent😉

wednesday evening, would be out for a wander, a few drinks, check if the regular food outlets are still here then hopefully some live music in the Avalon cafe.  Missing it so much.  

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So, Just a youngster !  I will be getting my pension😁.                      Interestingly the whole demographic of the festival will be three years higher than the norm due to the double roll over of the vast majority of tickets.  They might need a bigger acoustic tent😉

wednesday evening, would be out for a wander, a few drinks, check if the regular food outlets are still here then hopefully some live music in the Avalon cafe.  Missing it so much.  

Yeah thats a good point given nearly everyone will have rolled over I reckon. Feel for those just leaving Uni, College or whatever that have been deprived.

About now I would probably be watching a film at the Pilton Palais. There's usually a couple of crowd favourites being shown on the Wednesday night. 

1 hour ago, sime said:

About now I would probably be watching a film at the Pilton Palais. There's usually a couple of crowd favourites being shown on the Wednesday night. 

Although I have been into what I think was just called 'The Cinema Tent' at one point, I only really went in for a lie down for a bit. I get that it's each to their own, but my perspective is that you can see a film just about anywhere (pre-covid, admittedly), so why 'waste' precious 'Glastonbury' time doing that. 

Mind you, I'm hardly a film buff. I haven't seen a film in at least 7 years - anywhere.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Although I have been into what I think was just called 'The Cinema Tent' at one point, I only really went in for a lie down for a bit. I get that it's each to their own, but my perspective is that you can see a film just about anywhere (pre-covid, admittedly), so why 'waste' precious 'Glastonbury' time doing that. 

Mind you, I'm hardly a film buff. I haven't seen a film in at least 7 years - anywhere.

I do a great many things at the festival. One of which, is to occasionally go watch a film. I've had some really great times joining in with the audience singing and dancing late at night along to Rocky Horror Picture Show or Grease. Shouting out the script with others to Ghostbusters, Back to the Future or Monty Python films. And even getting some really good experiences watching Indian cut out shadow animation while a father and daughter played live on guitar and keyboard.

For me and many others, this is not time wasted but rather time well spent. And that's the beauty of Glastonbury Festival, something for everyone.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There’s been the odd time at the end of the day where I’m not ready to go back to my tent but also not ready/able to do much else so a movie calls me. 

Watching a movie in that tent still feels like doing Glastonbury cause you still have that Glastonbury atmosphere/vibe going on.

10 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

There’s been the odd time at the end of the day where I’m not ready to go back to my tent but also not ready/able to do much else so a movie calls me. 

Watching a movie in that tent still feels like doing Glastonbury cause you still have that Glastonbury atmosphere/vibe going on.

Indeed, sitting in the cinema tent can be quite a nice way to chill and wind down.

Remember on the Thursday of 2009, having spent the entire day enjoying various recreational substances, finding myself in the cinema tent watching Ferris Bueller. It was there that the news about Michael Jackson started to break.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Indeed, sitting in the cinema tent can be quite a nice way to chill and wind down.

Remember on the Thursday of 2009, having spent the entire day enjoying various recreational substances, finding myself in the cinema tent watching Ferris Bueller. It was there that the news about Michael Jackson started to break.

I'd just finished seeing East 17 when the MJ news broke, twas a strange moment that evening 

59 minutes ago, sime said:

I do a great many things at the festival. One of which, is to occasionally go watch a film. I've had some really great times joining in with the audience singing and dancing late at night along to Rocky Horror Picture Show or Grease. Shouting out the script with others to Ghostbusters, Back to the Future or Monty Python films. And even getting some really good experiences watching Indian cut out shadow animation while a father and daughter played live on guitar and keyboard.

For me and many others, this is not time wasted but rather time well spent. And that's the beauty of Glastonbury Festival, something for everyone.

Hello sime,

Thanks for the response. I think that my intake of G & T last night might have affected my ability to express myself correctly. I'm not against a cinema at Glastonbury. I thoroughly enjoy the fact that it is an 'arts festival' and that there's something for everyone. I was just trying to say that it's not for me. Mind you, I say that, when now knowing that they showed The Rocky Horror Show there, I'd probably have to change my mind and go for watching it. I was once taken to a show of it in a theatre, not knowing a single thing about it, and thought it was fab.

Maybe I had a bad experience as when I last went in there was many, many moons ago when all that was showing were film noire type films with sub titles. I have nothing against film noire but admit that I don't like subtitled films (especially in that state) as I'm too lazy / bored / thick to read them (take your pick!).

So, sorry if I presented the view that I was having a pop (if indeed that's what you thought) because I simply wasn't. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, oneeye said:

I'd just finished seeing East 17 when the MJ news broke, twas a strange moment that evening 

It was the night my hatred for Earth Song was truly cemented. 

The group of lads camping behind us had it on loop from 4am-8am.

Singing every word. 

58 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Hello Tartan,

All valid points, which I accept. Please see my response above to 'sime' for a better explanation of where I was coming from.

1 hour ago, sime said:

Not going to see Rocky Horror or Withnail when they've been on those graveyard slots is one of my few regrets at Glastonbury!

14 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Not at 11 this morning -  he drove past me at a whirlwind speed as I was out for my daily shuffle.

I hope you pressed yourself up against the hedge. That man takes no prisoners.

Edited by Ommadawn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ian the worm said:

2017 Wednesday. Taken from the top of a storage container full of carrots.
🥕 🥕 ♠️ ❤️ ♣️ ♦️  🥕 🥕 

🐇 🕳 

D832E264-0756-45A5-9A38-4BAC1B3F88F0.thumb.jpeg.69b57ffade074466d4f1577bf4abb1a3.jpeg

Oooh! I've still never been into the Rabbit Hole. Always a queue, or it seems to be the wrong entrance or whatever. Are you involved with running it?

15 hours ago, Pinhead said:

God, I'll be 49 then... Hope I'll cope!

I'll be 37. Genuinely concerned that my ability to not go to bed on Friday and power through until sunrise Sunday morning is going to be somewhat compromised by then.