Camping at End of the Road

doodlesbyben

On 8/2/2021 at 9:00 AM, doodlesbyben said:

@Sean1234321when booking do you have to disclose how many people in your party because if there's a big yurt that can fit 6 but only booked by a couple thats 4 spaces not claimed... (I presume you see where I'm going with this)

No, we usually get the 4 person Honeybell (RIP) tent for the 2 of us. Plenty of space, so the companies will just bring along the number of tents ordered - assuming they have the stock. But they’ve never asked for numbers.

It’s expensive, but it’s a great setup with no hassle at all.

There’s a few of us fly down from Glasgow so bringing our own gear isn’t an option.

• Upvote 1

Heads-up Glampers.

Honeybells have just advised that they are pulling out of EotR and that you need to rebook with Tangerine Fields... should recieve an email to that effect if you are with Honeybells. Refunds will follow.

Given I booked a tent originally in Jan 2019 it's very late in the day!

28 minutes ago, scrippit said:

Heads-up Glampers.

Honeybells have just advised that they are pulling out of EotR and that you need to rebook with Tangerine Fields... should recieve an email to that effect if you are with Honeybells. Refunds will follow.

Given I booked a tent originally in Jan 2019 it's very late in the day!

I hope those emails don't end up in junk folders!

Hopefully not.  Other risk is that some people who had a cancellation will now need to wait until the refund comes in to book again while the additional capacity has been opened up to everyone.  Could end up selling out and getting left with no option.  I went immediately to book my replacement on getting the mail just in case there was a run on them. 

22 hours ago, snipe said:

Got my Refund to Paypal and a personalised response thanking me for my understanding.  Don't forget to email them to tell them how you want the refund handled.

Me too, very prompt once you tell them where to send it.

Tangerine Fields appear to have plenty of capacity to cover those affected and they're actually cheaper - so I have extra beer money 🍻😁

Personally festivals are a big chunk of my holidays so I don't mind spending a little more for the comfort and lack of stress.  Not much different from going for a good hotel over a shitty one or a hostel if you are out travelling.  btw I dunno how many people are going for the 500 quid per person Egyptian cotton offering...  lots are usually on the first rung option and splitting with a bunch of mates.  Would be great to see a breakdown of what people actually pay individually to stay in the fancy camping.

18 hours ago, snipe said:

Personally festivals are a big chunk of my holidays so I don't mind spending a little more for the comfort and lack of stress.  Not much different from going for a good hotel over a shitty one or a hostel if you are out travelling.  btw I dunno how many people are going for the 500 quid per person Egyptian cotton offering...  lots are usually on the first rung option and splitting with a bunch of mates.  Would be great to see a breakdown of what people actually pay individually to stay in the fancy camping.

I can't carry a good hotel on my back though haha, just ripping ya, each to their own

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

I've generally had pretty decent signal from EE whilst there. It's patchy in places (Garden Stage and down the front of the Woods Stage), but it's generally OK.

This but you can normally get some kid of signal at the back of the Garden stage. You can only seem to pick up anything in the woods if there are very few people around.