Camping at End of the Road

doodlesbyben

Hey pals,

This will be my first time at EOTR (if it goes ahead, fingers crossed!) and I was curious if anyone knows of a a post detailing the camping situation. Glastonbury has a big breakdown of camping spots all over the web but I can't find anything similar for EOTR. I know this festival is a lot smaller but I'm still hoping for some basic info so I ca pick out an area too head to straight away.

If anyone is familiar with EOTR and knows about the camping, my fave and regular place to pitch at Glasto is Bushy Ground.

If anyone knows of any blog of forum posts about any part of  EOTR that I can read up that would be fab. I do like to go to these things with a little bit of knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

t: @ ben_cameron

1 hour ago, doodlesbyben said:

Hey pals,

This will be my first time at EOTR (if it goes ahead, fingers crossed!) and I was curious if anyone knows of a a post detailing the camping situation. Glastonbury has a big breakdown of camping spots all over the web but I can't find anything similar for EOTR. I know this festival is a lot smaller but I'm still hoping for some basic info so I ca pick out an area too head to straight away.

If anyone is familiar with EOTR and knows about the camping, my fave and regular place to pitch at Glasto is Bushy Ground.

If anyone knows of any blog of forum posts about any part of  EOTR that I can read up that would be fab. I do like to go to these things with a little bit of knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

It's a LOT smaller than Glastonbury, there's not really a choice of fields. You'll come through wristband exchange, up the hill and then the camping is on your right - General Camping on the map - pick your spot in the field and you're good to go.

Have a great time, I'm confident that it will go ahead.

image.png

Edited by Losing my hair
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, doodlesbyben said:

Hey pals,

Thanks in advance!

Ben

My first time too. Praying it goes ahead. You've probably done this already, but if you read through some of the threads on here from previous years you can get various snippets and views of what it's been like. Not that I've seen anything about camping spots!

• Upvote 1

Just had that frisson of excitement looking at the map !  Please happen.

NB The only time I didn't stay in either family camping or (last 5 years) campervan I came solo and pitched up to far side of "Quiet Camping", only to be joined 6 lads from Blackburn who kept me awake till 3am 4 nights in a row.  To be fair, Blackburn has a nice cathedral.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, goldengirl said:

In terms of spots, there is a dedicated family area (please stay there if you have kids). You probably would have already needed to book the boutique camping if that is what you want. Other than that it's your preference for distance to the music (noise Vs less walking I guess).

How noisy is it after the main stages shut? And is it all quiet at 3 (bar merry stragglers)?

And how far is the furthest walk from the gate?

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

How noisy is it after the main stages shut? And is it all quiet at 3 (bar merry stragglers)?

Thanks!

Music carries on in the Tipi till 3.00 am, so you get feed from that. Aside from that, the further away you are from the arena, the quieter it is. Avoid camping near clusters of small low one-man tents, or the Cider Bus.

• Upvote 1

We always camp near the Tipi, and even after 3, I can only think of a handful of times when fellow campers have been somewhat inconsiderate (or not even "inconsiderate", just having a very good time sexually). Generally people will stay in the arena for post 3 chat, rather than heading back to tents. Just my experience though. Maybe, it's helped by the fact that I'm normally so trollied that sleep isn't a problem.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Thanks!

It gets chilly at night at EOTR, so you don't get many folk sitting around outside their tents making a lot of noise after the main stages have finished for the night.  I've always camped relatively close to the Tipi tent (maybe 2-3 minutes brisk walk) and have never found the noise from it (or those congregating around the fire / cider bus, etc outside it) to be a problem.

I think you'd be pushed to find somewhere to camp further than 10 minutes walk from the arena entrances (if that's what you mean by gate?).

Edited by Born in the fifties

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

No matter where you camp youl be withing 10 mins of the main stage. Less maybe. Personally I like camping within sight of the showers so I can see the queue as Im a shower whore. 

Is having a shower a normal thing at this festival then? I know it's kinda middle aged/middle class, but I'm still somewhat surprised if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Is having a shower a normal thing at this festival then? I know it's kinda middle aged/middle class, but I'm still somewhat surprised if that's the case.

Yeah. Its a slow start to the day. Mooch about, coffee, breakfast, shower, read a book by the tent.

6 hours ago, doodlesbyben said:

@The Nalwhat are the showers like? Is it individual cubicles? How many are there?

Showers are really good, individual cubicles, plenty of hot water and nice and clean. About 20 odd I'd guess so queues of a morning are ridiculous. 

I've no patience for queuing personally so end up having them at all sorts of stupid hours when ya can walk straight in. 

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

Another (maybe stupid) question. Any chance these showers have an area you can plug a hairdryer into? I know this is pushing into glamping territory but need to ask before looking into a cordless option. Ta!

Unsurprisingly, I am not able to help - many years since I needed a hairdryer. Sorry.

51 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

@snipe Do you know if boutique camping (or pamper tent) is restricted to just those who have paid for glamping? Or can anyone rock up to that tent and use the facilities?

Yeah, there’s a separate wristband that you need to show to get into the boutique camping area.