Football 2021/2022

jyoung

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Massive issues at united, get this summer window wrong and United are going one way. 

The main issue is that half the team are shit. Cant hide from that. Can blame Woodward, Glazers etc but Matic, McTominay, Lindelof, Dalot, Telles, Maguire. All played yesterday. All shit.  

1 hour ago, Neil said:

without euope they'll be skint.

That is just short change for teams like united. How much do they make from the champions league? Ronaldo salary?

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The main issue is that half the team are shit. Cant hide from that. Can blame Woodward, Glazers etc but Matic, McTominay, Lindelof, Dalot, Telles, Maguire. All played yesterday. All shit.  

I don't really blame the glazers to be honest, they have pumped enough money into the players. It is the managers that have recommended these players. 

9 hours ago, thetime said:

I don't really blame the glazers to be honest, they have pumped enough money into the players. It is the managers that have recommended these players. 

The owners are responsible for running the club, and if they want all the decisions to rest on the manager then it up to them. City and Liverpool are doing so well because they have a great structure around the managers, and allow them to focus on coaching their team.

In the last 10 years, our visits to Man City have included a pair of 4-0 defeats, a 6-1, and now a third 5-0, with this one paired with a 4-0 rout at St James' Park just before Christmas... thank fuck we don't have to play them every week.

9 hours ago, Dan R said:

The owners are responsible for running the club, and if they want all the decisions to rest on the manager then it up to them. City and Liverpool are doing so well because they have a great structure around the managers, and allow them to focus on coaching their team.

Well and you have the 2 best managers in world football helps. Utd should be looking at the transfer model of Liverpool that's for sure.

Big game in the title race tonight. It could be pretty much all over if we don't get the 3 points. I'm hoping we respond to Man City's 5-0 win with a big win of our own but can't see it. Likely to be a very tight game with a single goal deciding it I think.

49 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Chuffed to see Sunderland get to the play off final last night.  Hopefully not another Wembley disappointment!😬

Are they doing another season of Sunderland Til I Die? I really enjoyed the first few.

7 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Are they doing another season of Sunderland Til I Die? I really enjoyed the first few.

I thought they'd stopped after season 2.

Kind of a shame in some respects as I think season 3 was the season covid interrupted, and for League One teams, ultimately stopped 2 months early, so it would've been fascinating to see the response at that level. Spurs' Amazon Prime show was interesting when it covered this but felt like it scratched the surface of the chaos caused at that time.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I thought they'd stopped after season 2.

Kind of a shame in some respects as I think season 3 was the season covid interrupted, and for League One teams, ultimately stopped 2 months early, so it would've been fascinating to see the response at that level. Spurs' Amazon Prime show was interesting when it covered this but felt like it scratched the surface of the chaos caused at that time.

Wrexham documentary out in the summer on Disney plus!

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Oooo I've wanted to see that. Seems like a reasonable excuse to use a free trial to give that a watch.

In my head lower league players are more interesting and less media savvy, so hopefully will be interesting. I do worry we may hear the word soccer a few times so could be quite Americanised.

Our season with 2-4 games ( hopefully 2 and definitely not 3) still could go either way so hopefully some decent drama.

12 hours ago, Neil said:

Fantastic singing by villa to get coutinio on a perminant deal. 

What is it about a lot of these Brazilians where they have a few great years and then turn to shit. Coutinho, Robinho, Pato, Adriano, Ronaldinho and even Rivaldo.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What is it about a lot of these Brazilians where they have a few great years and then turn to shit. Coutinho, Robinho, Pato, Adriano, Ronaldinho and even Rivaldo.

Perhaps they come from from poverty, then money turns there heads.

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

i think theres plenty of good still to come from little phil.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i think theres plenty of good still to come from little phil.

Maybe but he was the most expensive footballer ever 3 1/2 years ago. Now hes playing for a club in the bottom half who were only a defeat or two away from a relegation battle. 

Just now, TheGayTent said:

Overrated to begin with. Injured. Then crap. Terrible signing 

he wasn't the most expensive player cos hes terrible but because he destroyed teams who couldn't stop him, 

villa might make a packet on him, worth a punt at £12m, just for that chance.