Football 2021/2022

jyoung

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Good for the champions league to see Chelsea eliminated. Potentially 3 English teams out of 4 would be bad for the competition and at least there is a chance of avoiding another all English final. Unfortunately this has Liverpool v city final written all over it.

Agree in part, although there is the potential for there to be 3 Spanish teams in the semi finals which isn’t much better. 
As you say, I can’t see anything but Liverpool v City final. I would rather face either of the Madrid teams personally, feels like more of a European final when it isn’t 2 teams from the same nation. 
That and City are the best remaining team by some way. 

Quite the contrast from last night's 2 Champions League games, given Liverpool v Benfica's second leg looked like good fun with six goals, two more disallowed and a real gung ho nature, while Atletico Madrid and Man City seemingly had plenty of the fight and spite that a lot of people clearly wanted out of Man City-Liverpool last weekend.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Dildo Bros 

I quite like West Ham at the moment though thats probably because of Moyes. I think they are slowly selling up to the Czech's aren't they? Its complicated due to the tax payer funded Olympic stadium being transferred into foreign hands. 

Dyche seems a odd decision though similar style/players to big Sam who's performed the Houdini act a few times so maybe thats what they are thinking?

Edited by lost

4 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Didn't expect that. Thought they'd have kept him even if they get relegated. Surely he deserves at least one chance of getting them back up. 

Awful football though. I wouldn't want to be a Burnley fan.

See I felt like Dyche was going to leave at the end of the season if they went down, feeling like it was just asking for one miracle too much and that having managed them for nearly 10 years that he might see it as a chance to try something new. Plus just 4 wins all season indicates the magic was waning between this manager with this group of players, which has been pretty stable for a few seasons now.

But yeah - this sacking is a very unexpected surprise. I'm not sure how it really helps Burnley in this situation tbh. From what little I've seen from their fans on Twitter, they're not happy about this either.

Edited by charlierc

3 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Some City fans showing their class during the minutes silence, that had to be cut short as a result…. Knobs…. 

Were fighting outside too. 

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

Uniteds cup final this week.

they'll lose.

aren't they now like west ham were every match is a cup final.

Edited by Neil

Liverpool v Chelsea again. Expected them to beat Palace but still had some hope that might not have been the case. They're so solid defensively I expect a similar game to the Carabao Cup Final. Hopefully it goes the same way.

I have actually realised - depending on kick off time - it might be a nightmare to watch as I'm in Bristol for a gig. @crazyfool1we might need to go on the hunt for a pub showing the game beforehand!

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Liverpool v Chelsea again. Expected them to beat Palace but still had some hope that might not have been the case. They're so solid defensively I expect a similar game to the Carabao Cup Final. Hopefully it goes the same way.

I have actually realised - depending on kick off time - it might be a nightmare to watch as I'm in Bristol for a gig. @crazyfool1we might need to go on the hunt for a pub showing the game beforehand!

It just can’t go to extra time … and that later kickoff is gonna be a pain 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

It just can’t go to extra time … and that later kickoff is gonna be a pain 

I had a look earlier and kick off time was showing as TBC. But I assume it'll be something like 4:30/5:30, which isn't ideal. As you say, extra time would be a nightmare. We'll stream it on my phone during the gig 😄