Jump to content

Football 2021/2022


jyoung
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

A club like Chelsea wouldn't be destroyed, if it went bust they would reform and work their way up the pyramid. If fans were glory hunters and felt themselves above non league football then that would be their call.

I’m not sure that makes much sense. If you’re suggesting they reform, you’re agreeing they’ve been destroyed? Else why the need to reform…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I thought the same about the snack bars etc. Depends what deal they've got I guess - I know Everton's was (last time it was ever discussed) a deal with an outside caterer with a fixed cost each year and the rest goes to the catering company so in that situation it'd be ok til the end of the season, but you'd expect a properly run club to not need that fixed cost to appease the bank...

I know a lot of people are saying they should be fully sanctioned and have no special dispensation but I think the government is doing the right thing. Considering how many people the club employs, from merchandise shops (likely shut now for the forseeable) to office staff, stewards, catering people etc it IS in the British interest to find a solution to keep it going and get it into new ownership somehow. 

Bizarrely the snack bars are the only things they are allowed to keep open…

https://www.football365.com/news/ten-consequences-chelsea-licence-roman-abramovich-sanctioned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Health reasons? 

They are able to honour existing contracts so if they have outsourced to an external provider then they would have to allow them to remain open. Might be that they aren't allowed to take their cut though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lmao @ Chelsea

Dance with the devil and there is a day of reckoning ....  that day is today...

Little to no sympathy for them or their fans...  They knew it was all blood money and didn't care less

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha any decent football fan shouldn't wish destruction on another club. Especially for something related to the owner and not the club itself. 

You mean to suggest Chelsea fans didn't know they guy was a c**t linked to Putins war machine and gave zero fucks as the investment and titles rolled in ?

Fuck em

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lmao @ Chelsea

Dance with the devil and there is a day of reckoning ....  that day is today...

Little to no sympathy for them or their fans...  They knew it was all blood money and didn't care less

Man City will be next. Their owners support grotesque human rights abuses.

Newcastle aswell.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Nal said:

Man City will be next. Their owners support grotesque human rights abuses.

Newcastle aswell.

be good if those happened, they won't tho, just as with how the uk was happy to keep scooping up Russians noney while were friendly, same will happen with arabs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

I’m not sure that makes much sense. If you’re suggesting they reform, you’re agreeing they’ve been destroyed? Else why the need to reform…

To me being destroyed is done disappearing forever, I guess it depends how you define destroy. Rangers for example haven't lost the ground or the history.

For talk about sympathy with Chelsea fans, if they go bust there will still be a Chelsea and fans can decide if they want to see them play in the non league or not. I have little sympathy for Chelsea fans who were happy to take the Russian money to buy success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Man City will be next. Their owners support grotesque human rights abuses.

Newcastle aswell.

There is an article in the paper today saying the Saudi's hung up on Biden and won't release more oil due to his comments regarding the murder of that journalist in their embassy. It suggests Boris maybe able to mediate as he's on much better terms with them. I would think that means nothing is going to happen to Newcastle at least until Labour possibly get in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

You mean to suggest Chelsea fans didn't know they guy was a c**t linked to Putins war machine and gave zero fucks as the investment and titles rolled in ?

Fuck em

Haha well my club is the same, though I think we'll have punished ourselves with the upcoming relegation...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha well my club is the same, though I think we'll have punished ourselves with the upcoming relegation...

The press are going into overdrive regarding Everton. The £300m blackhole Usmanov has left and the fact they have the biggest wage bill outside the super league 6 with no relegation clauses in the players contracts.

Everton on the other hand seem to be playing their cards close to their chest and releasing the bare minimum regarding statements. I know the government can sever the financial link between Usmanov and Moshiri in this country. Though there must be tax havens who's entire economy is based on selling financial services to people like these who are not going to play ball regarding the Russian sanctions that could act as intermediaries. I'm also not sure how much the government can do to Moshiri given he's a British citizen.

 

Edited by lost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I have little sympathy for Chelsea fans who were happy to take the Russian money to buy success.

What about for the vast majority of Chelsea fans who realised they had no choice in the matter ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

I agree that there’s no obligation for any sympathy from any other supporters 

I do find the moralising over it a bit strange though. Quite a lot of “my billionaire is better than your billionaire” seems to be going round 

Not all clubs have billionaires...   there is a football league outside of the greedy league...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lost said:

The press are going into overdrive regarding Everton. The £300m blackhole Usmanov has left and the fact they have the biggest wage bill outside the super league 6 with no relegation clauses in the players contracts.

Everton on the other hand seem to be playing their cards close to their chest and releasing the bare minimum regarding statements. I know the government can sever the financial link between Usmanov and Moshiri in this country. Though there must be tax havens who's entire economy is based on selling financial services to people like these who are not going to play ball regarding the Russian sanctions that could act as intermediaries. I'm also not sure how much the government can do to Moshiri given he's a British citizen.

 

yeah there's no real risk of direct sanctions unless we go down the road of punishing anyone who's previously benefitted from Russian money too. 

I'm not sure the USM thing is such a huge loss, we'll just need to live within our means again. Which ironically we did when we were performing much better than we are now with Moyes as manager.

Just need to ship out all the defenders...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

What about for the vast majority of Chelsea fans who realised they had no choice in the matter ?

Kind of the same line of defence all those little nazis had...  I don't remember a single protest against his ownership - quite the opposite...  I remember the excitement and praise and then we have this...

c**ts...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12558320/chelsea-fans-chant-roman-abramovichs-name-during-ukraine-tribute-against-burnley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Kind of the same line of defence all those little nazis had...  I don't remember a single protest against his ownership - quite the opposite...  I remember the excitement and praise and then we have this...

c**ts...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12558320/chelsea-fans-chant-roman-abramovichs-name-during-ukraine-tribute-against-burnley

Haha Godwin’s Law 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...