Football 2021/2022

jyoung

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Same here, he's alright but I've never sat up and thought 'fuck me he's a a good player.' He wins the fouls and gets the odd key assist/goal but when push comes to shove he sometimes goes missing.

He'll undoubtedly play but with Pep rotating his squad and City already having Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Silva and Torres something has got to give

Good old city, endlessly causing fantasy football managers nightmares

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Jack Grealish is an absolute joy to watch imo. When he has the ball at his feet it is like watching a dancer on the pitch. I think sometimes with a player, you should just sit back and enjoy. He is one of those.

Opposite for me. Conniving, snidey, diving little cheat. 

Edited by TheGayTent

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Genuinely never known someone throw themselves about so much. Read the Graeme Souness quotes republished this week saying how he won't roll his sleeves up and get stuck in when things get tough at City. Don't agree with Souness on much but he's probably right there

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

He's both. Great player but also falls over and cries at the slightest hint of contact.

If I'm honest I don't know why City are buying him. His England experience should offer a glimpse of the future, absolute superstar at Villa but no more than a squad player when surrounded by elite players. I don't see what he offers that Sterling/Foden/De Bruyne/Mahrez/Bernardo don't already do.

He'll just be another cog in the machine at City, he'll be rotated in and out like all the rest (only De Bruyne is a guaranteed starter).

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

He could be. He’s a bit like Ronaldo at Man Utd right now. Possible he’ll go on to be very good, or he time could confirm he’s all fur coat and no knickers. 

As I said above I think he'll just blend into the furniture at City. He'll be decent but not phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's both. Great player but also falls over and cries at the slightest hint of contact.

If I'm honest I don't know why City are buying him. His England experience should offer a glimpse of the future, absolute superstar at Villa but no more than a squad player when surrounded by elite players. I don't see what he offers that Sterling/Foden/De Bruyne/Mahrez/Bernardo don't already do.

He'll just be another cog in the machine at City, he'll be rotated in and out like all the rest (only De Bruyne is a guaranteed starter).

I think he has a lot to prove before he meets the "great player" criteria. There was all this hype about him (predominantly media driven) during the Euros, but as I said I don't think the hype matches the performance.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think he has a lot to prove before he meets the "great player" criteria. There was all this hype about him (predominantly media driven) during the Euros, but as I said I don't think the hype matches the performance.

The fans buy into it too- the England match I went to was full of cries for Grealish on whenever he was warming up.

Emperors New Clothes for me. I just don’t see it. I certainly don’t see him as an upgrade for City.

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Genuinely never known someone throw themselves about so much. Read the Graeme Souness quotes republished this week saying how he won't roll his sleeves up and get stuck in when things get tough at City. Don't agree with Souness on much but he's probably right there

Leeds fans by any chance? Who would have thought they'd ALL have that opinion...

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Grealish suited Villas style of anti football. Constant free kicks and breaks of play stopped the opposition building up passing momentum and getting into the game. At Man City will Pep be expecting him to stay on his feet?

Second lowest scorers from Set-Pieces last season in the PL, not sure what footage you've been watching..

1 hour ago, leej7 said:

Second lowest scorers from Set-Pieces last season in the PL, not sure what footage you've been watching..

There wasn’t any free kicks in useful positions just constant fouls in the middle of the pitch because Grealish fell over again. 

11 hours ago, leej7 said:

Leeds fans by any chance? Who would have thought they'd ALL have that opinion...

So fans of other clubs don't have that opinion then? Or do you want me to ignore the fact he's lazy and dives at every opportunity? Didn't show up in the Championship when he was getting kicked out by teams like Rotherham did he...

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Didn't show up in the Championship when he was getting kicked out by teams like Rotherham did he...

I think he will be ok, I don't think City will be in the championship anytime soon.

Personally I think City and Villa have got a great deal out of it, Villa get a fantastic fee and and City get another quality player in and they do not care about fees.

Edited by thetime

Messi going is perhaps what Barcelona needed more than anything, rather than hanging on until he eventually goes slowly getting worse. They have needed a rebuild for years, same way united did without the daft signings and fees utd did under louis and Jose.

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

I think he will be ok, I don't think City will be in the championship anytime soon.

Personally I think City and Villa have got a great deal out of it, Villa get a fantastic fee and and City get another quality player in and they do not care about fees.

His style definitely suits the Premier League, just six goals and six assists in his last Championship season. The biggest problem for him will be living up to to the British record transfer fee. If Pep keeps rotating his squad and Grealish can't hit the ground running as a result the media will hound him. Don't think I'd care if I was on £350,000 a week mind