Jump to content

Football 2021/2022


jyoung
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't watch all of United's games so can't comment so I'll put it to you.... is Rashford as out of form as I'm seeing on twitter? Didn't read them but saw a few articles suggesting he looks uninterested etc.

A year or 2 back I used to be terrified of Rashford playing against us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I don't watch all of United's games so can't comment so I'll put it to you.... is Rashford as out of form as I'm seeing on twitter? Didn't read them but saw a few articles suggesting he looks uninterested etc.

A year or 2 back I used to be terrified of Rashford playing against us.

Yeah hes really sloppy and losing the ball a lot. Not getting into positions to take chances, not taking players on etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I don't watch all of United's games so can't comment so I'll put it to you.... is Rashford as out of form as I'm seeing on twitter? Didn't read them but saw a few articles suggesting he looks uninterested etc.

A year or 2 back I used to be terrified of Rashford playing against us.

He's always been decidedly average, just hyped up because he plays for United. He's a modern day Darren Huckerby, a speedboat without a driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 5:13 PM, eastynh said:

He's always been decidedly average, just hyped up because he plays for United. He's a modern day Darren Huckerby, a speedboat without a driver.

Yes dare I say he's slightly overrated too. His last performance looked like he was throwing a very silent but moody tantrum towards something/someone. Perhaps he didn't get any dinner at school that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Belgian FA has just been hit by a big match fixing and corruption scandal. Not sure if it’s at the same level of the Italian corruption as reports are only just coming out. 
 

It’s got me thinking about the state of the  EPL referees.
 

Are they just completely incapable of doing their jobs or is there something bigger at play? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Belgian FA has just been hit by a big match fixing and corruption scandal. Not sure if it’s at the same level of the Italian corruption as reports are only just coming out. 
 

It’s got me thinking about the state of the  EPL referees.
 

Are they just completely incapable of doing their jobs or is there something bigger at play? 

There's definite corruption in the EPL, just look at some of the stuff that's happened recently. "Big 6" run the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are they just completely incapable of doing their jobs or is there something bigger at play? 

Football definitely does feel different. Its difficult to tell if its deliberate or because their decisions are now affecting the revenues of what are effectively billion dollar corporations they feel more pressure for things to play out "as you would expect them to" so to speak as that's less controversial and brings less focus on them.

I've slowly been losing interest myself since the introduction of VAR and at the moment that seems a blessing in disguise! 

Edited by lost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simply not good enough again from Newcastle. Nice to see a change in style and actually dominate the ball at home for the first time in years but they're missing far too many opportunities and we always concede. 21 points dropped from winning positions this season. 

 

Newcastle will be relegated this season.

Edited by WS_Jack_III
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, The Nal said:

When's Rafa getting sacked? 

He's gone officially. A very brief statement has been put on the Everton website confirming the sacking.

Really feel like mixing oil and water tbh. I think there's a scenario where such a controversial move could have worked but it's been clear for a few weeks that it hasn't worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Simply not good enough again from Newcastle. Nice to see a change in style and actually dominate the ball at home for the first time in years but they're missing far too many opportunities and we always concede. 21 points dropped from winning positions this season. 

I don't understand what's happened to Jamal Lascelles. Under Benitez and in the first Bruce season he looked pretty consistent - had an odd error but largely pretty reliable. Yet yesterday (admittedly just from the 3 minute YouTube clip) he just looked like the weakest link.

It is insane we still have chance of staying up tbh. 1 win from the first 21 games and blowing leads in 9 separate matches, not least the fact we've done that against a poor Watford team twice, really should have us out for the count now, even with our transfer riches to play with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I don't understand what's happened to Jamal Lascelles. Under Benitez and in the first Bruce season he looked pretty consistent - had an odd error but largely pretty reliable. Yet yesterday (admittedly just from the 3 minute YouTube clip) he just looked like the weakest link.

It is insane we still have chance of staying up tbh. 1 win from the first 21 games and blowing leads in 9 separate matches, not least the fact we've done that against a poor Watford team twice, really should have us out for the count now, even with our transfer riches to play with.

I remember a few years ago Lascelles looked like he had potential, now he looks a championship player.

I think what's more insane is Norwich have a chance of staying up, they have been comfortably the worst team in my view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I remember a few years ago Lascelles looked like he had potential, now he looks a championship player.

I think what's more insane is Norwich have a chance of staying up, they have been comfortably the worst team in my view.

Yeah if Norwich beat Watford next weekend, they could genuinely be survival favourites, which would be quite extraordinary given how hopeless they looked under Daniel Farke and that their win over Everton on Saturday came on the back of 6 straight defeats, all without scoring.

Lots of Newcastle players seem to have gone backwards even just on last season, but Lascelles has to be up there with the worst. Club captain, once touted as potential to be an England international or linked with a big move, and has previously been seeing trying to rouse the team in difficult moments. But yesterday, he was an accident waiting to happen and not for the first time of late either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I don't understand what's happened to Jamal Lascelles. Under Benitez and in the first Bruce season he looked pretty consistent - had an odd error but largely pretty reliable. Yet yesterday (admittedly just from the 3 minute YouTube clip) he just looked like the weakest link.

It is insane we still have chance of staying up tbh. 1 win from the first 21 games and blowing leads in 9 separate matches, not least the fact we've done that against a poor Watford team twice, really should have us out for the count now, even with our transfer riches to play with.

I've never rated him really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Rafa to the toon in an upstairs role? He's in with the owners.

Unless your talking about serving up prawn cocktails in the business lounge, surely that would limit your choice of manager going forward. Any manager would have to be insane to work under him?

In less than 6 months at Everton he's fallen out with and had removed. The director of football, The head of recruitment, The head of the medical team, James Rodriguez and Luca Digne. There are also strong rumours that something similar was happening with Allan and Doucoure was forced to make a public statement correcting his comments on playing in a 2 vs 3 man midfield.

Any manager would feel less stressed and more stable working for Watford surely? 

Edited by lost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...