Jump to content

Football 2021/2022


jyoung
 Share

Recommended Posts

Grim result, thought today would be the start of our turn around. Should have been 3 up by half time, combo of having no strikers in the team, none of the others being able to shoot and their keeper having the game of his career.

Reports we're looking at another 4/5 to come in, might need more.

 

EDIT - and now Ashley has launched legal action against Amanda and her husband. F*ck sake man.

Edited by WS_Jack_III
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Grim result, thought today would be the start of our turn around. Should have been 3 up by half time, combo of having no strikers in the team, none of the others being able to shoot and their keeper having the game of his career.

Reports we're looking at another 4/5 to come in, might need more.

 

EDIT - and now Ashley has launched legal action against Amanda and her husband. F*ck sake man.

I remember when Wrexham played Man City in league 1 (amazingly this happened) our very mediocre keeper did the same, it's one of those things you can't account for sometimes. At the end of the day it's a good result for football. Newcastle win that game and it's forgotten a couple of weeks later. I have been in the same position as the Cambridge fans and you remember it forever.

In terms of the legal action how do you know it's not justified? My understanding is they haven't released the reason for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm sure Newcastle fans will just blame Steve Bruce!

I mean none of Bruce, Graeme Jones or Howe have managed results with this group of players, so... I dunno. Maybe this year just has the vibe of a 2008/09-esque dumpster fire. Or Sunderland when they went down under Moyes.

That and clearly the new ownership doesn't save us from our post-1950s run of FA Cup failure. Losing at home to Bedford Town in 1964, that infamous Hereford debacle in the early 1970s, getting mauled by Exeter in the early 80s, losing at Stevenage under Alan Pardew, a thumping by Oxford United under Rafa in 2017... maybe this is just who we are and the bigger surprise would've been a comfortable home win. Which tbf it would've been had the keeper not made 4/5 good saves.

I'm not begrudging Cambridge - it's a glorious day for them. But it's the nature of the beast where FA Cup upsets are great to watch when it's not your team on the end of them. Something Reading fans will probably feel after they got dumped out by Kidderminster, for example.

Edited by charlierc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Reports we're looking at another 4/5 to come in, might need more.

The day before the Trippier signing was confirmed a friend who also supports the Mags said Newcastle should sign 11 new players. At the time I thought it was a joke, but now, I'm not so sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The day before the Trippier signing was confirmed a friend who also supports the Mags said Newcastle should sign 11 new players. At the time I thought it was a joke, but now, I'm not so sure.

i watched a newc match recently and the players were better than i expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I mean none of Bruce, Graeme Jones or Howe have managed results with this group of players, so... I dunno. Maybe this year just has the vibe of a 2008/09-esque dumpster fire. Or Sunderland when they went down under Moyes.

That and clearly the new ownership doesn't save us from our post-1950s run of FA Cup failure. Losing at home to Bedford Town in 1964, that infamous Hereford debacle in the early 1970s, getting mauled by Exeter in the early 80s, losing at Stevenage under Alan Pardew, a thumping by Oxford United under Rafa in 2017... maybe this is just who we are and the bigger surprise would've been a comfortable home win. Which tbf it would've been had the keeper not made 4/5 good saves.

Probably help you in the long run, especially with Watford and Burnley going out also.

You can only see it being 3 out of 4 clubs going down now. Newcastle are certainly not cut adrift from 4th from bottom, so no reason they can't survive. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

i watched a newc match recently and the players were better than i expected.

The display against Manchester United was surprisingly excellent, and had it not been for De Gea pulling off some great stops we would've won. Some games have been infuriatingly up short - Southampton and Watford being the main two - but if we'd consistently played as well as we did in that game, we would've won more than just one game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

Probably help you in the long run, especially with Watford and Burnley going out also.

You can only see it being 3 out of 4 clubs going down now. Newcastle are certainly not cut adrift from 4th from bottom, so no reason they can't survive. 

 

 

It is kinda amazing in some respects than out of us, Watford, Norwich and Burnley are going to be staying up, given we've all been pretty rubbish. Watford are perhaps the least bad so far but even then their form is going off a cliff of late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be two as I can still see Everton down there. If Rafa is sacked now after spending money on Mykolenko, I would think any new manager would rate Digne higher. That's going to make the board look like they haven't a clue what they are doing on top of signing Rafa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It is kinda amazing in some respects than out of us, Watford, Norwich and Burnley are going to be staying up, given we've all been pretty rubbish. Watford are perhaps the least bad so far but even then their form is going off a cliff of late.

One would imagine a clearer picture in the table by end of Jan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Grim result, thought today would be the start of our turn around. Should have been 3 up by half time, combo of having no strikers in the team, none of the others being able to shoot and their keeper having the game of his career.

Reports we're looking at another 4/5 to come in, might need more.

 

EDIT - and now Ashley has launched legal action against Amanda and her husband. F*ck sake man.

What do you need strikers for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

 

In terms of the legal action how do you know it's not justified? My understanding is they haven't released the reason for it.

It's Mike Ashley man, it'll be some daft shite. People saying it's because we've taken the SD signs down but surely he'd take legal action against the club not personally Amanda and her husband.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thetime said:

One would imagine a clearer picture in the table by end of Jan.

There's a few six pointers to come tbf - some rearranged from the covid demolition job seen on the Christmas time fixtures, though Newcastle do have games against Watford and Leeds, are both at the bottom end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It's Mike Ashley man, it'll be some daft shite. People saying it's because we've taken the SD signs down but surely he'd take legal action against the club not personally Amanda and her husband.

 

I think it's hard to judge without knowing the basis of the action. Even when the reason is released people may not be able to make a real informed decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its been weird watching the premiership referees at the games taking place at lower division grounds without VAR. Its like they've forgotten what to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

They’ve certainly got VAR on their side.

We were robbed.

Are you talking about the player that was a yard offside before the goal or the blatant handball that wasn’t even checked?

Won’t mention the constant diving and falling over  

The fun part is that we get to do the exact same thing this time next weekend 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lost said:

Could be two as I can still see Everton down there. If Rafa is sacked now after spending money on Mykolenko, I would think any new manager would rate Digne higher. That's going to make the board look like they haven't a clue what they are doing on top of signing Rafa.

All very true - I'm not sure these two full backs are going to sort out our problems, I don't really know what the answer is but it's very concerning. 

The mess Rafa has been left with isn't his fault - an expensively assembled and disjointed squad, always one or two injuries away from disaster. I think any manager would struggle with this lot.

To be fair to him two of his signings and giving Anthony Gordon a go has stopped things being worse! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...