Football 2021/2022

jyoung

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

At least the viridor stadium is an upgrade from the Etihad 🙂 

I can walk to the match from work (Although I walked to the Etihad from home)

Shocked about the rumours about Henderson and the contract impasse with FSG but it doesn't surprise me. A lead person in the players rebelling against the Super League - rightly so - it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Still not as shocking as the Everton news around Gylfi Siggurdson though!!!

7 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Shocked about the rumours about Henderson and the contract impasse with FSG but it doesn't surprise me. A lead person in the players rebelling against the Super League - rightly so - it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Still not as shocking as the Everton news around Gylfi Siggurdson though!!!

Is the Gylfi stuff true? I thought it was a Twitter rumour…

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is the Gylfi stuff true? I thought it was a Twitter rumour…

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

He's not even been charged, let alone a trial.

I've no idea, I thought it was a Twitter rumour over the weekend until the news about an arrest last night. Regardless, although innocent until proven otherwise, it is going to tarnish his name now. He has definitely been suspended by Everton though!

Liverpool playing two friendlies on successive days at Anfield to a 75% crowd. I don't get what difference 75% makes to a 100% though in all honesty. 

On the transfer front, United potentially bringing in Varane and Sancho is good business!

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

On a football related matter Everton transfer business looks like that of a team just happy to survive in the premiership.

Yeah although they are solid enough signings as squad players that cost almost nothing combined, they don’t really make much sense following the very divisive appointment of Rafa. They really seem to be pissing off the fans from every angle at the moment. 

Edited by st dan

21 hours ago, st dan said:

Yeah although they are solid enough signings as squad players that cost almost nothing combined, they don’t really make much sense following the very divisive appointment of Rafa. They really seem to be pissing off the fans from every angle at the moment. 

I was saying to my evertonian mates it is very much how it was when Rafa was at LFC, where he filled the squad with bodies. For every Alonso (or Torres etc.), there was a Josemi, Voronin and Degan.