Football 2021/2022

jyoung

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wimbledon 1994 all over again coming back from 2-0 down. So relieved and haven't ever been this happy to see a season end. 

The defending for that 2nd Palace goal 😲 But yeah looking at the run in and is it something like 8 red cards in 12 games I'm actually amazed. Frank is going to have to work absolute miracles in the summer though to stop it all happening again. I'm guessing Tosun, Mina, Allan and a certain Icelandic player will be off the wage bill along with Richy and Dlc sold to balance the books after the Russian money has been stopped, really haven't clue what sort of team they'll be putting out next year.

38 minutes ago, lost said:

The defending for that 2nd Palace goal 😲 But yeah looking at the run in and is it something like 8 red cards in 12 games I'm actually amazed. Frank is going to have to work absolute miracles in the summer though to stop it all happening again. I'm guessing Tosun, Mina, Allan and a certain Icelandic player will be off the wage bill along with Richy and Dlc sold to balance the books after the Russian money has been stopped, really haven't clue what sort of team they'll be putting out next year.

Honestly I think we may end up with a more balanced one. Just need to do some shrewd business with the little money we do have to spend (which I doubt will be zero once those sales go through).

They get us goals but DCL and Richarlison can't really play in the same team consistently, it causes massive imbalance by taking a potentially creative  player out the team.

Big thing to sort is Dele Alli based on that second half. If we can get to the point where he starts games he can make a huge difference. He completely changed the game last night and is exactly what we need 

7 hours ago, lost said:

It’s a little strange how there’s been barely anything said about that Icelandic player. Maybe due to legal reasons but you’d think his disappearing act would be discussed more?

11 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It’s a little strange how there’s been barely anything said about that Icelandic player. Maybe due to legal reasons but you’d think his disappearing act would be discussed more?

I don't know if its true but I've read rumours its dragging on because extortion is involved. There's been a suggestion there is an organised crime gang setting up honey pot traps for rich footballers to try to blackmail them. There was another one in the papers a few weeks ago:

I find the timing of that complaint suspicious. If Everton had lost all their games leading up to that and were already relegated do we think that would have come up now? If they felt that strongly about it they would have appealed when Everton released their financial results. not wait until May.

Edited by DareToDibble

19 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I find the timing of that complaint suspicious. If Everton had lost all their games leading up to that and were already relegated do we think that would have come up now? If they felt that strongly about it they would have appealed when Everton released their financial results. not wait until May.

This isn't a new phenomenon tbf. In 2007, complaints over the third party registration of Carlos Tevez at West Ham only really magnified when he started to help them win games and keep them up, leading to Sheffield United's lawsuit. Clearly, clubs will do this, and it's not exactly been a secret that Everton have been spending a huge quantity of money to go backwards.

Edited by charlierc

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Would be short term, but maybe lewandowski.

I'm not sure - imo Lewandowski and Benzema are too similar to play together. Ironically, a player like Martial who can be an inside forward from the flank sounds better, although not Martial given that I gather he's not done well at Sevilla.

Saying that Real Madrid are letting Isco and Bale go. So that would presumably free up wage space.

Edited by charlierc

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That was a good watch. 2 teams miles ahead of everyone else. 

Pep with a masterclass in substitutions. 

the only master class pep gives is one in self-congratulation, only bettered by bielsia who bgot sacked.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, Gnomicide said:

Top 4:

1. Liverpool 

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Man Utd

Relegated:

Brentford, Burnley, Everton 

Champs League:

PSG

FA Cup:

Arsenal

Whatever the League Cup is called this year:

Leicester 

Revisiting my predictions from the start of the season. Not too bad for the league though shit on the cups, thankfully. 

That was a good watch. 2 teams miles ahead of everyone else. 

Pep with a masterclass in substitutions. 

And Gerrard the exact opposite.

Villa just collapsed when Coutinho went off. Very similar to De Bruyne/City in their semi against Madrid.