Football 2021/2022

jyoung

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Might work out to there advantage. How many big signings have worked out? Get players in that actually work and want to be there. 

Agree with this. 
Using LFC as an example, in his first few years I don’t think Klopp signed any players that were deemed world class or even huge players. Convinced this is the way that will work for United too. 
I mean, I hope it doesn’t 😂 but I’m pretty sure it will. May take a few years but they’ll get back there if they can do things right.

30 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Agree with this. 
Using LFC as an example, in his first few years I don’t think Klopp signed any players that were deemed world class or even huge players. Convinced this is the way that will work for United too. 
I mean, I hope it doesn’t 😂 but I’m pretty sure it will. May take a few years but they’ll get back there if they can do things right.

Said it for a whole united should be looking at the Liverpool transfer model. 

Just now, thetime said:

Said it for a whole united should be looking at the Liverpool transfer model. 

The only thing that may not work for United is from some of the fans. We weren’t winning anything of any bite for years so could be patient. Patience doesn’t seem to be an attribute of some of the United fan base* so I wonder how long they would put up with a rebuild before they’re calling for Ten Haag to go.

*The sensible fans fully understand that patience is required.

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The Liverpool model (whatever that is) has been quite unique. Who would've thought a failure at Chelsea and a decent Roma player would've turned into Messi? 

Mane? Good player for the Saints. Again...

Firminho, Henderson and even Milner. 

Salah only really failed at Chelski because of how they function. Sign any hyped 21 year old, play them 10 times, then if they don't set it alight loan them out and sell them on at break-even/profit. Same happened with De Bruyne.

30 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Salah only really failed at Chelski because of how they function. Sign any hyped 21 year old, play them 10 times, then if they don't set it alight loan them out and sell them on at break-even/profit. Same happened with De Bruyne.

Yep but still far better than anyone expected. Apart from Klopp maybe. Almost all of their signings have come good. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

The Liverpool model (whatever that is) has been quite unique. Who would've thought a failure at Chelsea and a decent Roma player would've turned into Messi? 

Mane? Good player for the Saints. Again...

Firminho, Henderson and even Milner. 

Its about having a good nose about these players though, klopp or who ever is in charge of transfers know what they are doing. Mane was heavily linked to united and got scoffed at. United fans just get excited by the likes of Pogba, Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez and the likes. 

Its all about building a team, united have been awful. Even fergie best times on the transfer market was bringing in the players under the radar like Sharpe from Torquay, Solskjaer from Molde, Irwin from Oldham and players like that. 

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Players just waste there careers at Chelsea and other top clubs, look at the likes of Moses and Loftus-Cheek. Loftus Cheek is 26 and what is he doing, should of left Chelsea at least 3 or 4 years ago and built his career. 

Same with Dean Henderson at United, wasting his career and is already 25. I know goalkeepers have longer careers than outfield players but is wasting his career at united. Go elsewhere and build a career elsewhere, should of left 2 seasons ago when his stock was at his highest. 

22 minutes ago, thetime said:

Players just waste there careers at Chelsea and other top clubs, look at the likes of Moses and Loftus-Cheek. Loftus Cheek is 26 and what is he doing, should of left Chelsea at least 3 or 4 years ago and built his career. 

Same with Dean Henderson at United, wasting his career and is already 25. I know goalkeepers have longer careers than outfield players but is wasting his career at united. Go elsewhere and build a career elsewhere, should of left 2 seasons ago when his stock was at his highest. 

Absolutely. I know some players do actually get playtime there, but so many just waste a career. I hate the hoarding of talent only to leave it festering.

57 minutes ago, thetime said:

Its about having a good nose about these players though, klopp or who ever is in charge of transfers know what they are doing. Mane was heavily linked to united and got scoffed at. United fans just get excited by the likes of Pogba, Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez and the likes. 

Its all about building a team, united have been awful. Even fergie best times on the transfer market was bringing in the players under the radar like Sharpe from Torquay, Solskjaer from Molde, Irwin from Oldham and players like that. 

The question is Man U had brought in the likes of Mane and Robertson would they have been the players they have become at Liverpool?

Well it's down to the last game of the season. 14 points behind at the turn of the year with Salah, Mane and Keita off to AFCON. Since then, 2 trophies won, another final coming up an a slight (very slight) chance of winning the league.

What a time to be alive for Liverpool fans. What a team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Well it's down to the last game of the season. 14 points behind at the turn of the year with Salah, Mane and Keita off to AFCON. Since then, 2 trophies won, another final coming up an a slight (very slight) chance of winning the league.

What a time to be alive for Liverpool fans. What a team.

Best LFC team I've seen in my lifetime by a country mile. If not for an incredible City team then we would have had the league won about 5 or 6 weeks ago and the FA Cup would have been a domestic treble.

Have to take your hat off to City, though. They're unreal. The irony of it is if we do win the Champions League again it'll be the second time they've beaten us to the league and both teams would probably quite happily swap trophies.

I would prefer City to wallop Villa about 5-0 on Sunday. I don't think my heart can take it being 0-0 in the 93rd minute only for Mahrez to score with the last kick of the game 😄 

4 hours ago, Neil said:

wonder if gerrard is going to eventually win the league for liverpool?

Cant see it. Theyre shite. They've lost 18 games this season and it'll be their 3rd game in a week. 

If City lose 6-0 and Liverpool draw 5-5 it'll go to a playoff match. 

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Cant see it. Theyre shite. They've lost 18 games this season and it'll be their 3rd game in a week. 

If City lose 6-0 and Liverpool draw 5-5 it'll go to a playoff match. 

I agree, not a chance they win/draw. It's more likely to be 6-0 to City.