Football 2021/2022

jyoung

On 4/25/2022 at 10:52 AM, DareToDibble said:

Call me crazy but I actually fancy Everton to get a result against Chelsea. Also their April is grim but fixtures take a turn for the better in May for the final run in.

👀

Should have out my money where my mouth was and bet on this.

Burnley fixtures: Villa H, Spurs A, Villa A, Newcastle H.

Everton fixtures: Leicester A, Watford A, Brentford H, Palace H, Arsenal H

Leeds fixtures: Arsenal A, Chelsea H, Brighton H,  Brentford A

Who Gets Relegated? 

Burnley 6 points(40pts)

Leeds 4 points (38pts)

Everton 10 points (42pts)

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Who Gets Relegated? 

Burnley 6 points(40pts)

Leeds 4 points (38pts)

If Leeds can't get 6 points from brighton home and Brentford away then they don't deserve to stay up. They are just the gdmrsy you want at the end.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

If Leeds can't get 6 points from brighton home and Brentford away then they don't deserve to stay up. They are just the gdmrsy you want at the end.

Brighton and Brentford are form teams at the minute. Whilst being relatively safe, perhaps no pressure has worked in there favour. 

Hold my hands up I thought Burnley were being completely stupid sacking Dyche, only 4 wins all season coming into the run in and look at them now. I was thinking a couple of months ago 17th may be able to stay up with lowest points total in prem history. Now I'm wondering if Southampton are safe on 40 points having played a game more and with Liverpool as their only remaining home game.

18 hours ago, thetime said:

Who Gets Relegated? 

Burnley 6 points(40pts)

Leeds 4 points (38pts)

Very generous to Everton there. 10 points from 5 games?

16 hours ago, lost said:

Hold my hands up I thought Burnley were being completely stupid sacking Dyche, only 4 wins all season coming into the run in and look at them now. I was thinking a couple of months ago 17th may be able to stay up with lowest points total in prem history. Now I'm wondering if Southampton are safe on 40 points having played a game more and with Liverpool as their only remaining home game.

It's kinda extraordinary tbf given that it logically didn't look like it would work. Norwich tried this in 2014 when they sacked Hughton for their youth team coach and lost all their last 5 games, while further back, Newcastle's attempt with Shearer in 2009 saw 1 win in the last 9 and relegation. Yet here they are, suddenly in pole position. If they can get 4 points from these 2 encounters with Villa come up that could yet be enough.

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It's kinda extraordinary tbf given that it logically didn't look like it would work. Norwich tried this in 2014 when they sacked Hughton for their youth team coach and lost all their last 5 games, while further back, Newcastle's attempt with Shearer in 2009 saw 1 win in the last 9 and relegation. Yet here they are, suddenly in pole position. If they can get 4 points from these 2 encounters with Villa come up that could yet be enough.

Will be interesting to see if Burnley keep the same management if they stay up. The temptation is to stick with what you have, but not sure that's always the best thing.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Don't think the Newcastle comparison is quite equal. Burnley gone from a stable and long term structure and changed it. Newcastle had 4 managers that season? The club was an absolute dumpster fire.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, thetime said:

Who Gets Relegated? 

Burnley 6 points(40pts)

Leeds 4 points (38pts)

Everton's terrible away form is something to consider - worst away record of the division, with their only away win coming back in August at Brighton. Much as Watford have made life for their fans consistently miserable with losing every home game since November, it's still not a gimme that Everton will win their away games with such a strange fear factor seemingly still in play.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Don't think the Newcastle comparison is quite equal. Burnley gone from a stable and long term structure and changed it. Newcastle had 4 managers that season? The club was an absolute dumpster fire.

Yes I'm aware Newcastle had an abysmal 2008/09 season off the pitch and on it, with the Keegan resignation less than a month into the season starting a true descent into madness and misery, and that it's not a smooth comparison between Dyche being Burnley boss for a very long time and that madness. But equally that was also a club taking a gamble on one more manager change late in the season to try and change things. Very much unsuccessfully, as it turned out.

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Will be interesting to see if Burnley keep the same management if they stay up. The temptation is to stick with what you have, but not sure that's always the best thing.

That would be an interesting one to consider. Could as much depend on whether Jackson has the necessary coaching licences.

Well Liverpool nearly gave me a heart attack last night but amazing to be in the final! Would prefer to play Madrid in the final for a few reasons. Hopefully get some revenge for a few years ago. It feels more like a European Cup Final when you're not playing another English team. Finally, most obviously, City are the better of the 2 sides.

Having said all of that, I think Man City will wipe the floor with them tonight.

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Well Liverpool nearly gave me a heart attack last night but amazing to be in the final! Would prefer to play Madrid in the final for a few reasons. Hopefully get some revenge for a few years ago. It feels more like a European Cup Final when you're not playing another English team. Finally, most obviously, City are the better of the 2 sides.

Having said all of that, I think Man City will wipe the floor with them tonight.

Glad to see Madrid through. Never like the same nation finals and 3 all English finals in 4 years would have been bad for the competition.