Football 2021/2022

jyoung

21 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

how many have wrexham sold? I believe bromley took about 11k last time but with it being on the final day of the prem season there's a lot of Palace fans that will be at the United home game who might've otherwise gone 

I think about 11k so far, but think only open to season tickets and members so think it should increase.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well no. The Premier League is the richest league in the world and you have to spend about £50-60million just to turn up now. I was merely saying that it's really easy for a PL club to spend money very badly and I was concerned we might end up spending our new riches badly. But instead, we made good signings and have improved players we did have.

Also that helps, yes. After West Brom's pummelling by Forest the other night, Steve Bruce was trending on Twitter and it was full of West Brom fans who said they aren't happy with what he's trying to achieve. Much as what he would've done with that cash influx is an interesting thought experiment, we've got this call spot on.

Wasn't aimed at you, more pointing out the ludicrous opinions given regarding NUFC. 

39 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

"Offensive chants about the tragedy are completely unacceptable and we will work with our supporters' groups to educate fans on the issue."

Statement from man utd. Not sure education is needed, they just need to find the fans and ban them.

Sim to City last week nothing on website. Predictable mealy mouthed shite. Diabolical on the pitch, worse off it.

Key changes I've noticed under Howe vs Cabbage Face:

There's 11 players playing for 95 minutes, not 7 players for 75.

The ball moves forward with passes not hoofing.

When the personnel changes, the off-the-ball defensive shape doesn't. It's resilient and solid regardless.

When the personnel changes, the on-the-ball attacking shape does. It's fluid and penetrative.

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

Massive game for leeds this weekend, lose that and it will drag them in again. City, arsenal and Chelsea after that.

will be happy for leeds to go down.

13 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

When the personnel changes, the off-the-ball defensive shape doesn't. It's resilient and solid regardless.

When the personnel changes, the on-the-ball attacking shape does. It's fluid and penetrative.

who's gonna be the superstar signing for mega rich newc?

15 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

And they press teams now.

Makes one wonder why Pogba agreed to return tbh. He was doing well at Juventus and seemed to have a solid reputation to have his pick of the clubs upon leaving there, yet picked one where it didn't work the first time and put in a ton of performances very much not worthy of the ludicrous sum of riches thrown at him.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:54 PM, kaosmark2 said:

The team does certainly seem more together as a unit. I know some mock our habit of taking squad photos after every win for the Gram but there's very much a team togetherness in willing to do that and I don't think we got that kind of feeling under the previous administration.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, Neil said:

who's gonna be the superstar signing for mega rich newc?

Not sure there's going to be a superstar signing. To make the obvious comparison to City, maybe a Robinho or some other high-rep young striker, but I'm not sure the club can attract them yet, certainly not an equivalent of Aguero. Still a few seasons away, but at least there's the spine of a team in now.

Having an actual midfield in place instead of a 2nd line of bad defenders is a nice change.

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The team does certainly seem more together as a unit. I know some mock our habit of taking squad photos after every win for the Gram but there's very much a team togetherness in willing to do that and I don't think we got that kind of feeling under the previous administration.

It's incredibly mock-able habit. Main thing is when these cheesy things work no-one gives a shit.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Newcastle are somehow 9th in the league despite giving everyone a 14 game head start 🤯

We were bottom after drawing with Norwich at SJP at the end of November and still winless at that point. At that point I'd have been happy to be 17th at this point. Being in with a legit shout at a first top half PL finish since 2018 is quite remarkable.