Football 2021/2022

jyoung

19 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

The problem with this is that I believe it’s 100 coaches between the 2 clubs. What are coaches? 100 seats max?

That’s not even 20% of the stadium capacity. Granted not all fans will be coming from Liverpool and Manchester but that’s still way too low. FA are just so set on the Wembley payday they were never going to move it.

Don't know what the difference is now to the last 30 years. It won't be the last time it happens, it certainly is not the first time. 

Italy's all or nothing vibe is quite something - reached 4 finals since 2000, but also suffered 3 group stage exits and back-to-back World Cup DNQs for the first time ever.

There is something strange about the fact they won the Euros and went unbeaten in their qualifying group, yet failed to qualify. Much as I suspect it's as much down to failing to take chances. Missing 30+ shots against North Macedonia is less than impressive.

3 hours ago, rock the clock said:

to be fair there are plenty of trains running via yorkshire on that weekend, which isn't that much of an inconvenience all things considered

but still doesn't excuse the fa's insistence on wembley tho. everything else aside, its just boring as fuck 

The trains between Sheffield and Manchester are constantly rammed, will be an absolute nightmare that weekend.

54 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Seems to have captivated Twitter as I've seen way more Tweets about that than any other 5th tier game I think ever.

That sounds like a cracking game to have seen live tbf.

Emotional rollercoaster 2-0 to a team who haven't won away for 2 years and you think it's going to be an easy day in the office and then everything goes wrong and then right again. In terms of social media we have 100k new followers in last 4 weeks and expect it will go up when the documentary is out. Reynolds really knows how to use his fame to get the club exposure.

there's two point's here

one is that it's not just the cst/chelsea fans that are saying they shouldn't be punished, the government themselves say the same, so it makes little sense that all tickets are available except home games for non st-holders. i assume its just a technicality in the license. that said, it's really not that much of an issue in the grand scheme of things as there's still 27k st holders 

the other is that punishment only really makes sense if it's done fairly and all clubs are treated equally. and what you've actually got is a load of politicians, columnists, sponsors, pundits etc.  patting themselves on the back about the big bad russian man being sanctioned, whilst not really caring to try and sort out football's issue 

as i've said before, i'm personally pretty fine with the sanctions, but i don't think it's really a contradiction from the cst to say that.  

could be a good opportunity for footy to change, but you know ultimately that everyone will celebrate one bad guy being forced out, but structurally the game is still completely screwed  

52 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Saw the score at times coming through in the Chelsea v Brentford game... a 4-1 away win is quite the eye-catching turn of events.

Hilarious! 😄

On another note, my local team (Cheltenham Town) were 4-2 down at 90 minutes & came back to draw 4-4! Thought we were certain relegation fodder this season, but we're comfortable at 12th in the table!

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Are Everton going down?

I think the wins Rafa got them at the start of the season has probably saved them but it still could happen. Wednesday's game against Burnley is key. Lose that and they're then looking nervously towards the weekend when they play Man Utd and Burnley are at Norwich.

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Are Everton going down?

I think so, thing is even if they stay up there will be a fire sale in the summer now the Russian money has been cut off and they’ll go next year. Probably better to go this, go into receivership and see if anyone wants to pick the club up from its current owners. Not sure what that means for the city of Liverpool and the investment in the new stadium.

it’d be a shame if Liverpool lost its world heritage status over an unfinished hole in the ground.

Edited by lost

4 hours ago, lost said:

it’d be a shame if Liverpool lost its world heritage status over an unfinished hole in the ground.

Thought that ship has sailed sadly, and more for the buildings that have been built rather than the ones that haven’t .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57879475

Seen some pretty bad teams in the flesh this year, but I’d say Everton have been the worst of the bunch, a shambolic defence and somehow even worse going forward. They could still stay up but more because the bottom 3 have too much ground to make up than anything they do. Rip it up and start again.