Football 2021/2022

jyoung

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

A club like Chelsea wouldn't be destroyed, if it went bust they would reform and work their way up the pyramid. If fans were glory hunters and felt themselves above non league football then that would be their call.

I’m not sure that makes much sense. If you’re suggesting they reform, you’re agreeing they’ve been destroyed? Else why the need to reform…

42 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I thought the same about the snack bars etc. Depends what deal they've got I guess - I know Everton's was (last time it was ever discussed) a deal with an outside caterer with a fixed cost each year and the rest goes to the catering company so in that situation it'd be ok til the end of the season, but you'd expect a properly run club to not need that fixed cost to appease the bank...

I know a lot of people are saying they should be fully sanctioned and have no special dispensation but I think the government is doing the right thing. Considering how many people the club employs, from merchandise shops (likely shut now for the forseeable) to office staff, stewards, catering people etc it IS in the British interest to find a solution to keep it going and get it into new ownership somehow. 

Bizarrely the snack bars are the only things they are allowed to keep open…

https://www.football365.com/news/ten-consequences-chelsea-licence-roman-abramovich-sanctioned

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lmao @ Chelsea

Dance with the devil and there is a day of reckoning ....  that day is today...

Little to no sympathy for them or their fans...  They knew it was all blood money and didn't care less

Man City will be next. Their owners support grotesque human rights abuses.

Newcastle aswell.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Nal said:

Newcastle aswell.

be good if those happened, they won't tho, just as with how the uk was happy to keep scooping up Russians noney while were friendly, same will happen with arabs.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

I’m not sure that makes much sense. If you’re suggesting they reform, you’re agreeing they’ve been destroyed? Else why the need to reform…

To me being destroyed is done disappearing forever, I guess it depends how you define destroy. Rangers for example haven't lost the ground or the history.

For talk about sympathy with Chelsea fans, if they go bust there will still be a Chelsea and fans can decide if they want to see them play in the non league or not. I have little sympathy for Chelsea fans who were happy to take the Russian money to buy success.

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Newcastle aswell.

There is an article in the paper today saying the Saudi's hung up on Biden and won't release more oil due to his comments regarding the murder of that journalist in their embassy. It suggests Boris maybe able to mediate as he's on much better terms with them. I would think that means nothing is going to happen to Newcastle at least until Labour possibly get in.

24 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha well my club is the same, though I think we'll have punished ourselves with the upcoming relegation...

The press are going into overdrive regarding Everton. The £300m blackhole Usmanov has left and the fact they have the biggest wage bill outside the super league 6 with no relegation clauses in the players contracts.

Everton on the other hand seem to be playing their cards close to their chest and releasing the bare minimum regarding statements. I know the government can sever the financial link between Usmanov and Moshiri in this country. Though there must be tax havens who's entire economy is based on selling financial services to people like these who are not going to play ball regarding the Russian sanctions that could act as intermediaries. I'm also not sure how much the government can do to Moshiri given he's a British citizen.

Edited by lost

16 minutes ago, lost said:

The press are going into overdrive regarding Everton. The £300m blackhole Usmanov has left and the fact they have the biggest wage bill outside the super league 6 with no relegation clauses in the players contracts.

Everton on the other hand seem to be playing their cards close to their chest and releasing the bare minimum regarding statements. I know the government can sever the financial link between Usmanov and Moshiri in this country. Though there must be tax havens who's entire economy is based on selling financial services to people like these who are not going to play ball regarding the Russian sanctions that could act as intermediaries. I'm also not sure how much the government can do to Moshiri given he's a British citizen.

yeah there's no real risk of direct sanctions unless we go down the road of punishing anyone who's previously benefitted from Russian money too. 

I'm not sure the USM thing is such a huge loss, we'll just need to live within our means again. Which ironically we did when we were performing much better than we are now with Moyes as manager.

Just need to ship out all the defenders...

43 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Kind of the same line of defence all those little nazis had...  I don't remember a single protest against his ownership - quite the opposite...  I remember the excitement and praise and then we have this...

c**ts...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12558320/chelsea-fans-chant-roman-abramovichs-name-during-ukraine-tribute-against-burnley

Haha Godwin’s Law 

• Upvote 1

Chelsea fans have been complicit in it for years as have the Premier League, the FA and the UK Gov. You can't revel in the glory and then cry over the current situation. The success of the club was built on Roman's money and it's the same money that has been used to support the invasion of Ukraine. No reason for there to be any sympathy for the fans at all. The only sympathy should be for staff who have apparently already been partially laid off according to Pat Nevin. That said, there are bigger fucking fish to fry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Chelsea fans have been complicit in it for years as have the Premier League, the FA and the UK Gov. You can't revel in the glory and then cry over the current situation. The success of the club was built on Roman's money and it's the same money that has been used to support the invasion of Ukraine. No reason for there to be any sympathy for the fans at all. The only sympathy should be for staff who have apparently already been partially laid off according to Pat Nevin. That said, there are bigger fucking fish to fry.

Unless they were there pre Roman then how is it any different? Couldn't you say that they are complicit by working for him?