Football 2021/2022

jyoung

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha any decent football fan shouldn't wish destruction on another club. Especially for something related to the owner and not the club itself. 

Spot on.

I’d laugh my arse off if Chelsea got relegated. For football reasons. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Wouldnt the away fan revenue go to the other club?

Not all of it. But surely to have a full stadium, more just for things carrying on as close to normal as possible, they'll just give away the non-season ticket home seats in a ballot and waive their financial share of the away ones? I haven't read the small print but you'd imagine that's allowed?

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Chelsea will have some advantage too through this. For example, presumably no away fans will be in attendance for any of their games given they can’t sell any tickets?

Selling tickets to away fans are barred as it stands yes. But seems theyre working on a way around it. Free tickets most likely. 

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Selling tickets to away fans are barred as it stands yes. But seems theyre working on a way around it. Free tickets most likely. 

I'd assume they're allowed to fill the seats just not for profit. 

To be honest from a purely on the pitch perspective it'd probably be more beneficial to Chelsea to have a full stadium (ballot the empty home seats for free) to give an air of normality than play in front of a near half full crowd. 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha any decent football fan shouldn't wish destruction on another club. Especially for something related to the owner and not the club itself. 

A club like Chelsea wouldn't be destroyed, if it went bust they would reform and work their way up the pyramid. If fans were glory hunters and felt themselves above non league football then that would be their call.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd assume they're allowed to fill the seats just not for profit. 

To be honest from a purely on the pitch perspective it'd probably be more beneficial to Chelsea to have a full stadium (ballot the empty home seats for free) to give an air of normality than play in front of a near half full crowd. 

Might mean they have to fork out for extra policing, etc, so it might be financially detrimental?

I'm presuming they will also have to close all their snack bars, will they be able to sell programs, etc?

10 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Might mean they have to fork out for extra policing, etc, so it might be financially detrimental?

I'm presuming they will also have to close all their snack bars, will they be able to sell programs, etc?

I thought the same about the snack bars etc. Depends what deal they've got I guess - I know Everton's was (last time it was ever discussed) a deal with an outside caterer with a fixed cost each year and the rest goes to the catering company so in that situation it'd be ok til the end of the season, but you'd expect a properly run club to not need that fixed cost to appease the bank...

I know a lot of people are saying they should be fully sanctioned and have no special dispensation but I think the government is doing the right thing. Considering how many people the club employs, from merchandise shops (likely shut now for the forseeable) to office staff, stewards, catering people etc it IS in the British interest to find a solution to keep it going and get it into new ownership somehow.