Football 2021/2022

jyoung

19 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

There's a certain football manager who has been in charge of two clubs this season, managed 12 league games and not won a single one.

Taken just 4 points of a possible 36.

🤔  Wonder who that might be.

If you’re talking about Bruce then just let it go. You’ve got your dodgy billions and probably aren’t going down (as much as we’d all love to see it) so no real need to keep shitting on him. Move on.

Bruce isn’t really the problem at Albion, they go far deeper and have been there long before he arrived. I honestly don’t think he realised quite what a shitshow we was walking in to.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you’re talking about Bruce then just let it go. You’ve got your dodgy billions and probably aren’t going down (as much as we’d all love to see it) so no real need to keep shitting on him. Move on.

Bruce isn’t really the problem at Albion, they go far deeper and have been there long before he arrived. I honestly don’t think he realised quite what a shitshow we was walking in to.

ahhhh you sound like Savage and Sutton who also can't admit that Newcastle fans were correct and everyone else was wrong, love being proven right I do 😉

8 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

ahhhh you sound like Savage and Sutton who also can't admit that Newcastle fans were correct and everyone else was wrong, love being proven right I do 😉

I don’t care if you were right or not. Have your views on Bruce when he was at yours, I’m just not interested in what Newcastle fans think of him here, especially when they’re not in possession of the facts.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t care if you were right or not. Have your views on Bruce when he was at yours, I’m just not interested in what Newcastle fans think of him here, especially when they’re not in possession of the facts.

We did and we were told we were wrong to have them.

Not in possession of the facts?

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

We did and we were told we were wrong to have them.

Not in possession of the facts?

"The facts" as in what's happening at West Brom right now. It's easy to sneer without any context applied.

I'm no lover of Bruce, his appointment never inspired or excited me in any way, but right now I doubt even the combined might of Klopp, Guardiola and the ghost of Brian Clough could get a tune out of this gutless set of bastards.

Think I've said before you can sort of understand the Bruce hate but then not the Rafa love when they have identical records at Newcastle. The only difference being Rafa slagged off the board as a deflection mechanism and Bruce accepted the situation he was getting into.

Wasn't Howe pretty much mirroring Bruce until the January transfer window too? That's it basically football is all about money, Ashley made his money in a declining industry and you need to be an oligarch or petro-state to compete nowadays. Now your shopping at Harrods rather than Lidl there doesn't seem much point in continuing to obsess with Lidl.

Newcastle fans showing positivity for a point against West Ham is pretty daft. We were shite and have been shite for weeks - they’re all running on empty and Newcastle time wasted from first minute to last. Given when they did bother to attack they had some success, it’s surprising and shows a serious lack of tactical nous not to try to take advantage. If they’d bothered they could have won at a canter. 

Unless we dope our players and/or get some of the injured players back fit we’ll finish no higher than 9th. 

I just hope the players are saving themselves for the Europa but I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

"The facts" as in what's happening at West Brom right now. It's easy to sneer without any context applied.

I'm no lover of Bruce, his appointment never inspired or excited me in any way, but right now I doubt even the combined might of Klopp, Guardiola and the ghost of Brian Clough could get a tune out of this gutless set of bastards.

I listed you some facts though. To be fair to him, WBA were already on a bad run right? He's just not the man to turn that around, now many of our fans said the same and opposition fans also said no one could turn that toon team around, and yet Howe has (we were playing far better football even before the TM)

3 hours ago, lost said:

Think I've said before you can sort of understand the Bruce hate but then not the Rafa love when they have identical records at Newcastle. The only difference being Rafa slagged off the board as a deflection mechanism and Bruce accepted the situation he was getting into.

Wasn't Howe pretty much mirroring Bruce until the January transfer window too? That's it basically football is all about money, Ashley made his money in a declining industry and you need to be an oligarch or petro-state to compete nowadays. Now your shopping at Harrods rather than Lidl there doesn't seem much point in continuing to obsess with Lidl.

Bruce blamed the fans and everyone else but himself, that's why we don't like him. Rafa knew were the problems were in the club and called them out. Also, Rafa had a gameplay, Bruce did not, Bruce had a better team than Rafa and couldn't kick on, only matching Rafa.

Howe picked up 8 points in that time having played 11. Little bit better than 3 in 8 but you could see the transformation taking effect.

29 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Newcastle fans showing positivity for a point against West Ham is pretty daft. We were shite and have been shite for weeks - they’re all running on empty and Newcastle time wasted from first minute to last. Given when they did bother to attack they had some success, it’s surprising and shows a serious lack of tactical nous not to try to take advantage. If they’d bothered they could have won at a canter. 

Unless we dope our players and/or get some of the injured players back fit we’ll finish no higher than 9th. 

Newcastle shots - 14  / West Ham 11

Newcastle Possession - 53% 

Aye, Howe made them play anti football versus West Ham 😂 

It was a good point, you're 4th and we're fighting to survive, haven't lost in 6 now. Newcastle should have won though which is the point I think you're actually trying to make.

Also it's hilarious that now we're apparently only doing well because of the TM when we were told that Howe had wasted 90M. 

So Chris Wood, Matt Target and Dan Burn are shopping at Harrods?

24 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Also it's hilarious that now we're apparently only doing well because of the TM when we were told that Howe had wasted 90M. 

So Chris Wood, Matt Target and Dan Burn are shopping at Harrods?

Not sure who that is directed at on here who said you'd wasted £90m?

i've always rated Wood but the one I think you've missed there is Trippier who has been excellent for you.

49 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Newcastle shots - 14  / West Ham 11

Newcastle Possession - 53% 

Aye, Howe made them play anti football versus West Ham 😂 

It was a good point, you're 4th and we're fighting to survive, haven't lost in 6 now. Newcastle should have won though which is the point I think you're actually trying to make.

What have possession statistics got to do with the price of fish? 

You played some decent attacking football occasionally. Why you didn’t do more of it when the game was there for the taking is anyone’s guess. 

You ought it have taken 3 points, it was 2 points dropped not 1 point gained. 

Your boys wasted time whenever they could. Very odd. We’re 5th and in the last 3 months have beaten Watford, Palace, and Norwich. Our form is poor. 

2 hours ago, lost said:

Not sure who that is directed at on here who said you'd wasted £90m?

i've always rated Wood but the one I think you've missed there is Trippier who has been excellent for you.

It's not directed at anyone here, just general noise around the topic. I missed Trippier out because I would class him as Harrods, only cost 12M mind and on less than 100k.

2 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

What have possession statistics got to do with the price of fish? 

You played some decent attacking football occasionally. Why you didn’t do more of it when the game was there for the taking is anyone’s guess. 

You ought it have taken 3 points, it was 2 points dropped not 1 point gained. 

Your boys wasted time whenever they could. Very odd. We’re 5th and in the last 3 months have beaten Watford, Palace, and Norwich. Our form is poor. 

We had more of the ball away from home, not sure the last time that happened, shows an intent to play on the front foot. 

An away point is always a point gain in my opinion. If you can draw away and win at home you're in good shape.

On the time wasting, seen this one a few times in recent weeks. A bit of game management is definitely helping us out, time wasting isn't really a thing anymore though is it, gets added back on at the end. Does brake up momentum and allows the team to reshape when under pressure though.

11 hours ago, Neil said:

CKL FINAL IS GOING TO BE CANCEKLED:due to take place in Russia.

Wonder where they might use as a back-up option. Wembley was the first suggestion but that's apparently on play-off final weekend.

Also, this would be the third UCL final relocated in a row (if first not because of covid)... is this just the new normal?

10 hours ago, lost said:

I bet they are keeping the Gazprom sponsorship though.

Still showing prominently in the games I've seen this week.

7 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Pre-game I felt a point was a decent result and imo it still kinda is given Trippier, Saint-Maximin and Wilson are all missing through injury. But the lack of second half action worth noting was crazy. It's like the two sides just mutually decided to move on and take the draw.

It certainly looked like a worse result than it was after Burnley and Watford won imo.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't get what's happened at WBA as an outsider. They seemed to be doing relatively OK until about mid-December, if perhaps less consistent than the squad looked on paper, then duly got everything wrong. I just had a look at the form book and 1 win in 11 is rough going. I'm aware a lot of Newcastle fans have a case of going overboard in laughing at Bruce, but it's a rot that clearly predates him. So this just a case of getting to the end of the year then having a clearout?

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

We had more of the ball away from home, not sure the last time that happened, shows an intent to play on the front foot. 

Does it? Could mean endless sideways passes between centre halves. 

An away point is always a point gain in my opinion. If you can draw away and win at home you're in good shape.

Sounds like more pundit claptrap. You don’t win all your home games do you. Not even most of them. So you need to win away games too. 

On the time wasting, seen this one a few times in recent weeks.

Interesting. So this is new since Howe came in? 

A bit of game management is definitely helping us out, time wasting isn't really a thing anymore though is it, gets added back on at the end. Does brake up momentum and allows the team to reshape when under pressure though.

Cynical boring bastard that Howe - should have stuck with Bruce the entertainer? 

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

Leeds are done. 

Goal difference could be huge.

12 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Does it? Could mean endless sideways passes between centre halves. 

Sounds like more pundit claptrap. You don’t win all your home games do you. Not even most of them. So you need to win away games too. 

Interesting. So this is new since Howe came in? 

Cynical boring bastard that Howe - should have stuck with Bruce the entertainer? 

Well I'd rather have the ball than when we never did under Bruce.  

Aye, we just won away at Leeds.

The game management does seem to be something better managed now, we've got something about us now, making tackles at the right time to stop a counter attack, stuff like that.

All teams do game management.

Also, you sound salty about Newcastle 😂

Edited by WS_Jack_III

For all those commenting about Leeds. Look at your own team and remove your first 4 choice CBs, your DM/Playmaker, your club captain and finally your number 1 striker. 

Imagine what state your team would be in playing without them for 3 months. 

Got as many points as I was expecting from last nights game although if the two contentious penalty calls had gone the other way it could have been a different game. Still probably wouldn’t have been enough to get a point though but the scoreline wouldn’t be getting the headlines.