Football 2021/2022

jyoung

46 minutes ago, lost said:

The papers are now suggesting Dean Smith is under threat after losing 4 on the bounce. This is what I mentioned a few pages back if every club has a billionaire owner then that just becomes the new floor and dropping tens of millions per transfer window no longer guarantees any success. If chairmen expect that success then alot of jobs are going to become revolving doors.

I wonder if a bun fight for managers may start too. The beeb is now linking Fonseca with spurs again when it was suggested Newcastle was a done deal a few days ago. Foreign managers may not want these jobs over say an Ajax or Porto where they may get more opportunity to build something but with less money.

Spurs currently 8th after 10 games, 2 points off the European places.

Given how much of a mess Spurs made of their last managerial search in replacing Mourinho, it wouldn't be a surprise if this is similarly difficult, especially given both the fact Nuno has had barely any time at all and that the board would have demonstrated a very itchy trigger finger. But I get the sense of panic, given they have emphatically failed to build on the good parts of the team that reached 2nd in the Premier League in 2017 and a Champions League final in 2019.

The Newcastle search is dragging on too long. In truth I think Bruce could well have still been in charge had the Spurs game not been such a misfire, and I had seen various things both saying Fonseca was all but done and that he's out of the running, but it's starting to take too long. Worst element is feeling like it's just burning through time that we don't have with some painful fixtures coming up.

Villa is a strange one. I don't think this latest reverse will trigger a change, but it does look like they've fallen into the usual trap that happens when the big money departure isn't adequately replaced.

• 1 month later...

Spurs Liverpool one of the games of the season. I'm so tired of klopps bullshit tho, seems like he can never accept that his team might not be the reason for dropping points 

As I said earlier in the season I think city are going to pull away ... For all talk of 'best league in the world' were probably gonna have city win 4 out of last 5 titles. 

Expect Chelsea to be closer to a top 4 fight than a title race now.

Leeds are shit 

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Man U were absolutely rubbish tonight at St James' Park. Can't believe they left with a point. Really enjoyed watching Newcastle, is there hope of staying up?

It's all a bit disjointed down there, couple of wins for Burnley and Watford and then it will be a struggle. You probably need Watford and Leeds to go on a dismal run to get sucked in. 

If Everton beat you they will be 11 points clear, with 2 games in hand. So they will be out of the equation. 

You are relying on 2 out of Burnley, Watford and Leeds going on a worse run than you. 

With Burnley having 4 games in hand, Watford 3 games in hand it will be tough.

Norwich, Newcastle and Watford to go down for me. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

It's all a bit disjointed down there, couple of wins for Burnley and Watford and then it will be a struggle. You probably need Watford and Leeds to go on a dismal run to get sucked in. 

If Everton beat you they will be 11 points clear, with 2 games in hand. So they will be out of the equation. 

You are relying on 2 out of Burnley, Watford and Leeds going on a worse run than you. 

With Burnley having 4 games in hand, Watford 3 games in hand it will be tough.

Norwich, Newcastle and Watford to go down for me. 

Looking likely our game against Everton will be off, we have covid and loads of injuries. Wilson torn his calf last night. Gonna have to spend big now. 

I do still think there's too much damage done from Ashley and Bruce and we'll go down but at least we're enjoyable to watch again.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Looking likely our game against Everton will be off, we have covid and loads of injuries. Wilson torn his calf last night. Gonna have to spend big now. 

I do still think there's too much damage done from Ashley and Bruce and we'll go down but at least we're enjoyable to watch again.

Has maxim pulled something? 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Has maxim pulled something? 

Wilson, Saint and Fraser all picked up knocks last night, looks like Willock and Hayden have covid. We had two keepers on the bench last night. The club should shithouse a break, every other team has had them. Get the Everton and Southampton games off, gives us time to get 6 new players in for Watford and Leeds matches 😁

Wilson, Saint and Fraser all picked up knocks last night, looks like Willock and Hayden have covid. We had two keepers on the bench last night. The club should shithouse a break, every other team has had them. Get the Everton and Southampton games off, gives us time to get 6 new players in for Watford and Leeds matches 😁

There's certainly a few sides playing it. 

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The fume because Newcastle got their game postponed is hilarious 😂

Have to admit I was secretly hoping for a Newcastle win and Rafa canned before the transfer window.

For who it helps out the most I honestly don't know if a fit Calvert Lewin and Richarlison is better for Everton vs who Newcastle will buy. Newcastle's under 9 defence could probably mark Rondon out of the game. 

1 hour ago, lost said:

Have to admit I was secretly hoping for a Newcastle win and Rafa canned before the transfer window.

For who it helps out the most I honestly don't know if a fit Calvert Lewin and Richarlison is better for Everton vs who Newcastle will buy. Newcastle's under 9 defence could probably mark Rondon out of the game. 

I think if we weren't missing so many players, it's a game we were looking at for some points.

Have Rondon's legs just gone or something? He was fantastic for us in 2019.

46 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Have Rondon's legs just gone or something? He was fantastic for us in 2019.

I guess, I don't think he did too well in China though neither did Rafa. The Manchester Utd game the speed Varane caught up with him I've never seen such a miss match in top level football. It looked like he was running through quick sand.

The amount of salt being thrown around on twitter because Newcastle have two games postponed 😂

Haven't even spent a penny yet and everyone hates us.

Where were all the tears when all the other clubs had games postponed?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13592546/everton-full-disclosure-city-coronavirus-postponement/

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Don't fancy clicking that but can hazard a guess that maybe there was some whinging at other fixtures being postponed.

I have no doubt clubs (possibly including my own) have taken advantage of covid to get games called off they could have played. The league's need to be clearer on criteria for cancellation if they want to stop it