Football 2021/2022

jyoung

18 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Born in Leeds while his dad played here. Spotted in his dad's Leeds shorts the other day on Instagram Live, would be a good backup to Bamford imo...

Bielsa will definitely get the potential out of Haaland. Will be good to see him in the u23s for a bit while he gets fit enough to play for the full team. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thetime said:

Inter still owe united 40m from that deal, also United have a 25% sell on clause. I can't see a deal being done for that one. 

I think it is happening, mate. I don't know the ins and outs but sounds like Inter need the cash / Chelsea are prepared to pay big / Lukaku is up for the return. It would have been nice if the return happened before United swept in last minute in 2017 but oh well. When your top goalscorer last season was Jorginho with 7 goals, you simply must sign a number 9... Or, y'know, play Tammy Abraham before selling him and resigning him in five years...

15 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I wonder if Villa will move for Tammy? I'd image wages would be high and Chelsea would want at least 40m. 

If it happens and they get Buendia, Bailey, Tammy and either Cantwell or Ward Prose that actually seems fantastic business for villa. 

Just now, lost said:

If it happens and they get Buendia, Bailey, Tammy and either Cantwell or Ward Prose that actually seems fantastic business for villa. 

Maybe, maybe not. Easy to get excited by new arrivals but if you look at when teams like Everton and Spurs have splashed, sometimes its ended up being a bit shit. Buendia, Bailey could potentially be good signs but I think there's just as much chance they could be shit.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Maybe, maybe not. Easy to get excited by new arrivals but if you look at when teams like Everton and Spurs have splashed, sometimes its ended up being a bit shit. Buendia, Bailey could potentially be good signs but I think there's just as much chance they could be shit.

Yes true though its a completely different market now. The problem teams like Everton have is they were paying £20 - £30m for average prem players which have now been written down on the company books by 50%+ leaving the market open for teams like villa to get players they would of had more competition for previously.

Buendia was unbelievable when Norwich beat city two years ago, ward prose is premiership proven too. As Grealish spent alot of last season injured I'd definitely say they are looking alot stronger this year.

53 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Cantwell is not a regular top half starter for me. Squad filler at a reasonable price might make him a decent signing depending on the price. 

I think they had Ross Barkley in that position last year. Cantwell's form was really good in the first half of the year in the prem but then dropped off. If he gets it back he's probably an upgrade. Barkley doesn't look arsed nowadays alot of the time.

I'd rather have Ward Prowse though.

Edited by lost

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Bielsa will definitely get the potential out of Haaland. Will be good to see him in the u23s for a bit while he gets fit enough to play for the full team. 

We could sign prime Ronaldo at the peak of his fitness and Bielsa would still have him doing laps of Thorp Arch haha

1 hour ago, lost said:

I think they had Ross Barkley in that position last year. Cantwell's form was really good in the first half of the year in the prem but then dropped off. If he gets it back he's probably an upgrade. Barkley doesn't look arsed nowadays alot of the time.

I'd rather have Ward Prowse though.

As a Villa fan, very much gutted with JG on his way, but inevitable if the whale like City comes calling. Can also wholeheartedly say Barkley was a big flop last season.. Had two, at a push three, good games then fell off a cliff.

New direction has to include a top class midfielder and JWP with premier league experience looks that option, just don't think the Saints will budge on selling him. Cantwell a hot and cold option imo and will come with a huge fee now. Next few days crucial to how our season pans out... Nervy times!

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Wouldn’t Villa fancy Lingard when they get the Grealish money? I think he would be a great signing, experienced and has shown his levels of quality when given a consistent run of games. 

I wouldn't mind Jesse in, but if he's only got the reported 10% chance of going to West Ham, I doubt he's under the radar of our lot... We seem to be looking at assets rather than plug and play players at 28/29 years of age.

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is Grealish going to get in the City team. 

There was talk of Sterling being a makeweight in any possible Kane deal but I'm wondering if thats changed after the euros.

I know there are a few Villa fans saying he won't get in the team and is doing it for the money but I think he could of easily been the player of the tournament at the euros and ended up playing a bit part. If he was playing for a super league club I think he would of started. That's got to be part of his thinking.

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, lost said:

There was talk of Sterling being a makeweight in any possible Kane deal but I'm wondering if thats changed after the euros.

I know there are a few Villa fans saying he won't get in the team and is doing it for the money but I think he could of easily been the player of the tournament at the euros and ended up playing a bit part. If he was playing for a super league club I think he would of started. That's got to be part of his thinking.

I am yet to be convinced the hype matches the talent, time will tell.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I am yet to be convinced the hype matches the talent, time will tell.

Same here, he's alright but I've never sat up and thought 'fuck me he's a a good player.' He wins the fouls and gets the odd key assist/goal but when push comes to shove he sometimes goes missing.

He'll undoubtedly play but with Pep rotating his squad and City already having Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Silva and Torres something has got to give