Football 2021/2022

jyoung

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I don't know about that. Liverpool scored first against us and did not win. We played Liverpool off the park and they were flukey as fuck.

First half maybe but nothing flukey about the performance, if not for a superb last gasp block, Fabinho could have won it for Liverpool at the death.

36 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

First half maybe but nothing flukey about the performance, if not for a superb last gasp block, Fabinho could have won it for Liverpool at the death.

You were crap, got bailed out by Salah and should have been down to 10 men. You did not deserve anything out of that match.

For all the hullabaloo regarding Liverpool at the minute, when they came up against City and Chelsea, they looked decidedly 2nd best and that was at home. Come the end of the season, I would expect Liverpool to be below both City and Chelsea.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, Copperface said:

If a complaint is made, it has to be investigated to determine whether there are any offences being committed and/or take advice from CPS.  

As far as I can see, there aren't and I'm quite sure that will will soon be made clear. However, it still has to be done formally. There might be local byelaws or club policies that it violates and if so, will be referred to those responsible. 

it's being looked at, not prosecuted.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, pink_triangle said:

Police are now investigating a Crystal Palace banner highlighting human right abuses in Saudi Arabia. My view is the right to protest should be protected, this is a complete waste of police time.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, charlierc said:

Saw the banner and I think it was about more than just that. Perhaps not surprisingly it went down more negatively among Newcastle fans than others. I'm surprised it's needed such a referral tbh.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

I don't really understand why it's being investigated, maybe it was a little too full on with it's imagery? 

Spoke to a mate who is a Leeds fan and he said exactly the same.

And  there we go......

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Man City calling Barry Bennell as a witness, wouldn’t they be better off settling these cases?

What Bennell did was absolutely dusgusting. But, I am not sure why City should be held liable for what he did. Bennell was not employed by City in any capacity when the boys were abused. Its different owners and totally different staff from top to bottom.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

could be said about another manc team

What? The Manc team that wins most of the trophies, breaks all the records and plays the best football. You mean the Manc team that will be spoken about as being one of the greatest ever English teams, in decades to come? You mean that Manc team??

For reference, the is only one Manc team.

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What Bennell did was absolutely dusgusting. But, I am not sure why City should be held liable for what he did. Bennell was not employed by City in any capacity when the boys were abused. Its different owners and totally different staff from top to bottom.

They would be better just settling. The damage to reputation by calling a convicted paedo to support your case is much more than the compensation that city would pay out.

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

They would be better just settling. The damage to reputation by calling a convicted paedo to support your case is much more than the compensation that city would pay out.

By settling, are you not accepting some kind of guilt. City should fight it all the way, if they have not done anything wrong.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

By settling, are you not accepting some kind of guilt. City should fight it all the way, if they have not done anything wrong.

I mean they often settle without accepting liability. I think if you can't prove you have done nothing wrong without the help of a convicted paedo, you are best just taking the hit.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I mean they often settle without accepting liability. I think if you can't prove you have done nothing wrong without the help of a convicted paedo, you are best just taking the hit.

I don't know enough about the case. As far as I am aware, justice has been served and the dirty bastard has been locked up. Now it seens the victims are trying to screw some cash out if a football club.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, pink_triangle said:

Have any of the Scottish fans heard of a player called Charlie Trafford? We have just signed him on a short term contract. Every player we have ever signed from Scotland has been poor, so my expectations are low.

Think I’ve seen him play for Inverness a few times but he never stood out.

Hamilton are in free fall after getting relegated and are cost cutting.

Fingers crossed for you but it doesn’t look like your signing a guy who’s on the up or in demand. If he’s Scottish championship standard then I’d guess he’ll struggle at Wrexham.

11 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think I’ve seen him play for Inverness a few times but he never stood out.

Hamilton are in free fall after getting relegated and are cost cutting.

Fingers crossed for you but it doesn’t look like your signing a guy who’s on the up or in demand. If he’s Scottish championship standard then I’d guess he’ll struggle at Wrexham.

They have this rule in our league that we have more limitations on transfers between the transfer window closing and opening because we are a Welsh team in an English league. I think we signed him as he is the only person available!