Football 2021/2022

jyoung

Ole getting lots of stick as he is clearly not up to the job. He never has been and never will be.

What is not helping him though is how over rated the United players are. 

They have 4 players who have actually achieved anything in their career. Now Ronaldo will score goals anywhere, but his presence is to the detriment of the team, he actually hinders United. Varane had been finished for ages and had been terrible for Madrid. Pogba is just terrible, the biggest waste of money in Premier League history. Fair play to De Gea, he actually looks to have some confidence back, although he still has magnets in his boots.

The rest of them have never achieved anything worthy of the ridiculous fees that were paid for them. Bruno is a flat track bully. Yet again yesterday he did nothing apart from meandering round the pitch, with a face like a slapped arse.

Apparently Uniteds squad is apparently really good on paper. It is just a shame football is played on grass.

35 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Ole getting lots of stick as he is clearly not up to the job. He never has been and never will be.

What is not helping him though is how over rated the United players are. 

They have 4 players who have actually achieved anything in their career. Now Ronaldo will score goals anywhere, but his presence is to the detriment of the team, he actually hinders United. Varane had been finished for ages and had been terrible for Madrid. Pogba is just terrible, the biggest waste of money in Premier League history. Fair play to De Gea, he actually looks to have some confidence back, although he still has magnets in his boots.

The rest of them have never achieved anything worthy of the ridiculous fees that were paid for them. Bruno is a flat track bully. Yet again yesterday he did nothing apart from meandering round the pitch, with a face like a slapped arse.

Apparently Uniteds squad is apparently really good on paper. It is just a shame football is played on grass.

Wouldn't argue about anything here, pretty much spot on.

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They're nowhere near as great as you think they are.

Some of them are. When you're on about Varane (World Cup winner and now aged 28) being finished you know youre typing nonsense though.

Theres a great squad there.

Pogba is a time waster though Ill give you that. Anyway the question is, who?

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Some of them are. When you're on about Varane (World Cup winner and now aged 28) being finished you know youre typing nonsense though.

Theres a great squad there.

Pogba is a time waster though Ill give you that. Anyway the question is, who?

Have you actually seen Varane play well recently? I seen him be absolutely useless against City in 2 matches. He was as embarrassing as Maguire currently is. If he was any good Madrid would not have let him go. Pogba is also a world cup winner, he is also crap.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Have you actually seen Varane play well recently? I seen him be absolutely useless against City in 2 matches. He was as embarrassing as Maguire currently is. If he was any good Madrid would not have let him go. Pogba is also a world cup winner, he is also crap.

He's better than they already have as neither Maguire or Linderhof have pace. Didn't he get injured just before the Leicester game and they've now shipped 8 goals in two matches.

I saw highlights of the Everton game and the speed he caught Rondon made Rondon look like he was walking though that maybe because he's finished. He was just jogging back over the half way line on Saturday when Watford scored from a corner 😆

Edited by lost

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You dont watch La Liga do you? He was fantastic at Madrid. I watched him a lot. But yeah, had a stinker against City. Show me a centre back whos never had a bad game or made a mistake. 

Madrid let him go because theyre in dire financial trouble. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You dont watch La Liga do you? He was fantastic at Madrid. I watched him a lot. But yeah, had a stinker against City. Show me a centre back whos never had a bad game or made a mistake. 

Madrid let him go because theyre in dire financial trouble. 

I watched a bit of La Liga, not as much as I would like, but still enough to see him make copious mistakes.

He had 2 stinkers against City. He was uttetly terrible in 2 matches.

Madrid did not let him go because they are in dire financial trouble at all. They just offered over 150 million Mbappe. You don't let world class centre backs go for 35 million, when they are 28 years of age. They let him go because hes  not actually been any good and was surplus to requirements.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I watched a bit of La Liga, not as much as I would like, but still enough to see him make copious mistakes.

Madrid did not let him go because they are in dire financial trouble at all. They just offered over 150 million Mbappe. You don't let world class centre backs go for 35 million, when they are 28 years of age. They let him go because hes  not actually been any good and was surplus to requirements.

Varane turned down Madrid's contract offer.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Thats not true. 

Anyway, plenty of good players there. Dave, Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, Sancho, Wan Bissaka, Shaw. The manager is clearly the problem now. 15 goals condeded in 9 games (5 in 3 games in the CL) and have only played 1 good team so far. 

Whats worse is that I have a suspicion that Utds "press" in the first half (Bruno and McTominay running about like headless chickens in isolation and leaving space in behind) was down to the MOTD pundits saying they didnt press against Leicester last week but they should.  

That said, Liverpool are fantastic. 

People think yesterday was bad, wait for City in a fortnight. 

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Thats not true. 

Anyway, plenty of good players there. Dave, Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, Sancho, Wan Bissaka, Shaw. The manager is clearly the problem now. 15 goals condeded in 9 games (5 in 3 games in the CL) and have only played 1 good team so far. 

People think yesterday was bad, wait for ity in a fortnight. 

Good enough to finish 4th (unless the top 3 underperform) but not better in my view. I'm not convinced many of those players would get significant game time in the top 3 teams.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Good enough to finish 4th (unless the top 3 underperform) but not better in my view. I'm not convinced many of those players would get significant game time in the top 3 teams.

Difficult to know though right? As above, do you think Klopp would be telling/allowing Bruno to run 30 yards on his own to chase down a ball he has no chance of getting? Thats under 8s stuff. Or playing 4 front men last week with none of them pressing, just standing there. 

I don't see any tactics at all from Ole at the moment. 

Look at the state of this.

FCikw2YXoAUYVez?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by The Nal

The simple truth is that Ole isn’t good enough for the job he’s now being asked to do i.e. seriously compete and deliver the big titles. He’s done a good job of the rebuild which was asked of him the past three seasons - a lot of deadwood and mercenaries out the door etc, whilst delivering top 4 finishes. But he just doesn’t have it in him to push on - and i think he knows that himself deep down. 

If / when he goes, not a single premier league club would be interested in taking him, not even Norwich, Burnley etc. And that says an awful lot. That shouldn’t be the case for a manager of a top side, who should all be lead by elite coaches and managers - and we see that with Liverpool, Chelsea and City. 

We need to be ruthless, put the sentiment aside and get rid asap whilst there is still something to salvage from the season. Like Chelsea did with Lampard - and look where that’s taken them. 

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thats not true. 

Whats worse is that I have a suspicion that Utds "press" in the first half (Bruno and McTominay running about like headless chickens in isolation and leaving space in behind) was down to the MOTD pundits saying they didnt press against Leicester last week but they should.  

That said, Liverpool are fantastic. 

People think yesterday was bad, wait for City in a fortnight. 

It will be nothing like yesterday against City. You will play 10 men behind the ball, boot it down the channels and hope your speedboats can get on the ball.

I expect a tough game against United.