Football 2021/2022

jyoung

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Bruce is gonna be in the dugout on Sunday isn't he 🙁

Maybe? I think the new owners were kinda not expecting the takeover to be confirmed before January so are having to play catch up on figuring out who they want to replace Bruce. But I imagine one will come along soon enough. Be better if due diligence is done to find the best new manager rather than a quickie.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Maybe? I think the new owners were kinda not expecting the takeover to be confirmed before January so are having to play catch up on figuring out who they want to replace Bruce. But I imagine one will come along soon enough. Be better if due diligence is done to find the best new manager rather than a quickie.

He's the biggest problem at the club though, properly going to sour the mood if he's there on Sunday. Just sack him, we all know he's on his way, get it over with and let Jones take charge until a manager is found.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Will be a tough decision for Newcastle and the next manager, perhaps that might be the issue.

It will be a stepping stone appointment, a lot of teething issues.

I’ve just seen a rumour that Newcastle are pushing hard to get Bielsa. Even if he wasn’t managing Leeds he wouldn’t go there in a million years. He’s a man who has very strong moral fibre. 

He wouldn’t be tempted by the money either. He does the job because of the love of the game and being part of not just a club but everything that comes with it. There’s no passion or soul at Newcastle any more. It’s just a team with a blank chequebook with no clue how to spend it. 

43 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve just seen a rumour that Newcastle are pushing hard to get Bielsa. Even if he wasn’t managing Leeds he wouldn’t go there in a million years. He’s a man who has very strong moral fibre. 

He wouldn’t be tempted by the money either. He does the job because of the love of the game and being part of not just a club but everything that comes with it. There’s no passion or soul at Newcastle any more. It’s just a team with a blank chequebook with no clue how to spend it. 

I'd be buzzing if we got him.

"There's no passion or soul at Newcastle any more." 

😂

It's just come back in droves.

7 hours ago, thetime said:

Will be a tough decision for Newcastle and the next manager, perhaps that might be the issue.

It will be a stepping stone appointment, a lot of teething issues.

I guess one way or another we might get more info from the press conference tomorrow. You imagine one will be coming along soon enough, but maybe more thinking time is needed. Especially if the rumour is true was that their first choice target was Brendan Rodgers but that he isn't interested in bailing on Leicester.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I guess one way or another we might get more info from the press conference tomorrow. You imagine one will be coming along soon enough, but maybe more thinking time is needed. Especially if the rumour is true was that their first choice target was Brendan Rodgers but that he isn't interested in bailing on Leicester.

Maybe he keeps until the end of season? Maybe that could be an option.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Maybe he keeps until the end of season? Maybe that could be an option.

In theory, maybe, but given Newcastle are currently without a Premier League win, one expects that if he stuck around and Newcastle were still winless at the time of November's international break, they might not have a choice but to bin him regardless of whether he's a nice guy or not. 

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

So what is the biggest atrocity. Bruce failings as a manager, Ashley as an owner or the Saudis running a country. I know which gets far less criticism from the Newcastle fans.

If you're explicitly using the term atrocity, obviously the Saudis running the country.

If you're asking me which is pissing me off the most rn, it's the idea that somehow Newcastle fans are complicit. While I agree Newcastle fans are deflecting because of convenience and hypocrisy, unless you're telling me that you boycott every business PIF has investment in, I think you're being inconsistent and targeting because it suits you.

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

If you're explicitly using the term atrocity, obviously the Saudis running the country.

If you're asking me which is pissing me off the most rn, it's the idea that somehow Newcastle fans are complicit. While I agree Newcastle fans are deflecting because of convenience and hypocrisy, unless you're telling me that you boycott every business PIF has investment in, I think you're being inconsistent and targeting because it suits you.

It's just my observation. From (most ) Newcastle fans you get 5000 words how bad Ashley is, 3000 on Bruce and a sentence that the Saudis are a bit dodgy. The Newcastle fans are definitely complicit in the sportswashing and it's right that is called out. They went mad when Wonga were investing in the club, but now have been bought off.

I hope the media continue to call this out. When the Newcastle FC pride group talk crap about how it may ultimately help gay people in Saudi Arabia then Iost for words. My fear is when the football starts it will be forgotten. I would react the same if it was any clubs fans, so don't think the targeting is correct.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It's just my observation. From (most ) Newcastle fans you get 5000 words how bad Ashley is, 3000 on Bruce and a sentence that the Saudis are a bit dodgy. The Newcastle fans are definitely complicit in the sportswashing and it's right that is called out. They went mad when Wonga were investing in the club, but now have been bought off.

I hope the media continue to call this out. When the Newcastle FC pride group talk crap about how it may ultimately help gay people in Saudi Arabia then Iost for words. My fear is when the football starts it will be forgotten. I would react the same if it was any clubs fans, so don't think the targeting is correct.

It's a two-way thing though.

When it first happened, I was putting 1 sentence about how Ashley was a bit shit, and paragraphs about the problems with the Saudis and the issues of sportswashing.

That Newcastle Pride statement was disgusting, and I think any similar ones from any supporter groups/organisations should be called out repeatedly for how embarrassing it is.

That said, I'm now starting to feel attacked to the point where I have to emphasise that there were problems existing at the club that made the sportswashing easier to happen at Newcastle. If you are aggressively criticising Newcastle fans, is it a surprise they start to get defensive? Target groups, target the media, and target everything else that is endorsing the Saudis.

Did you write to your MP protesting the Tories' decision to resume arms sales to the Saudis when that was being pushed through parliament? I did, and it took less time than most of these posts take to write.

23 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Did you write to your MP protesting the Tories' decision to resume arms sales to the Saudis when that was being pushed through parliament? I did, and it took less time than most of these posts take to write.

Newcastle is one of my favourite cities in the UK and I think it's one of the friendliest cities. Is it wrong for me to expect more from them than Tories who I have no time for.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Newcastle is one of my favourite cities in the UK and I think it's one of the friendliest cities. Is it wrong for me to expect more from them than Tories who I have no time for.

You can definitely expect NUFC to not sell arms to the Saudis, I think that's fair.

• Thanks 1

I can't remember seeing as much of him recently as when he broke on the scene. Is Greenwood now ahead of him?

Romano tweeted yesterday that Benitez has ruled himself out of the Newcastle job which I sort of expected with his family home being in Liverpool and living away the last time he was at Newcastle.

Saying that I was surprised by Ancelotti when he said at the start he wanted a long term project rather than a club where you are out the minute you don't win the league and so I wouldn't of been totally surprised this time if Rafa also walked.

Edited by lost