Football 2021/2022

jyoung

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

VAR had a shocker, was laughing at how the ref didnt give West Ham a pen with that Wan Bissaka assault on Soucek. Although I do think of one Ronaldos was a pen too.

Agree on all counts. 

Have zero sympathy with Ronaldo though - he’s the boy that cries wolf. Look at how he moves the angle of his foot to make it impossible to stay on his feet before he’s anywhere near contact being made. 

I’d also look at his reaction to not getting the decision compared to Soucek’s after being taken out. One cries like a baby and spends the next 5 mins gesticulating to no one in particular. The other rolls his socks up and carries on with the game. 

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm genuinely excited for a title race this season. I can't even think the last time there was a title race involving more than 2 teams? Granted it's still early but there are 4 teams that I honestly think could end up very close all season. Can't call the order of 1st - 4th.

If that’s what you think then you should be lumping on Man Utd at 6/1. 

Personally think the 2/1 about Chelsea is more than fair. 

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm genuinely excited for a title race this season. I can't even think the last time there was a title race involving more than 2 teams? Granted it's still early but there are 4 teams that I honestly think could end up very close all season. Can't call the order of 1st - 4th.

2 horse race for me.

Chelsea and Liverpool will be going for the title from what I've seen early doors. Chelsea seems to be the complete team this season.

Still something missing for united for me, they will fall short and probably around the 3rd/4th mark. 

Edited by thetime

3 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Watch his right foot:

Should of been booked or a suspension after the game. I actually need fussed about the diving of players, they get found out pretty quickly.

The trailing of the leg, or leaning the leg into players legs to get a penalty or free kick is the worst for me. Ronaldo isn't the 1st and won't be the last to do that, premeditated cheating. 

Atkinson had a mare though, both sides should of had pens.

Edited by thetime

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

2 horse race for me.

Chelsea and Liverpool will be going for the title from what I've seen early doors. Chelsea seems to be the complete team this season.

Still something missing for united for me, they will fall short and probably around the 3rd/4th mark. 

Still very early doors. I personally expect Liverpool to trail off at some point and city to gain excellent form as they usually do.

I guess what's encouraging about Chelsea at the minute is that most teams just can't score against them. But I do think Kante staying fit is crucial to any success - Sundays game was a good indicator of that. 

City will come good. Liverpools chances rest almost entirely on keeping VVD, and the front 3 fit and theyll be right up there. Chelsea looks great but Utd still missing a late era Scholes/Carrick type for me. 

The good thing about Ronaldo though is that he scores in nearly every game so if you want to beat Utd you have to score 2. 

18 hours ago, The Nal said:

City will come good. Liverpools chances rest almost entirely on keeping VVD, and the front 3 fit and theyll be right up there. Chelsea looks great but Utd still missing a late era Scholes/Carrick type for me. 

The good thing about Ronaldo though is that he scores in nearly every game so if you want to beat Utd you have to score 2. 

I think Liverpool's chances hang more around the midfield. Keep the core of Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago and one other firing on all cylinders and the rest falls into place. 

The biggest issue last year was Fabinho or Henderson playing in defence. Once Klopp found a makeshift back two he could trust, they played (when fit) in their natural positions and things started to click again and we went on that run at the end of the season to sneak a CL spot.

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think Liverpool's chances hang more around the midfield. Keep the core of Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago and one other firing on all cylinders and the rest falls into place. 

The biggest issue last year was Fabinho or Henderson playing in defence. Once Klopp found a makeshift back two he could trust, they played (when fit) in their natural positions and things started to click again and we went on that run at the end of the season to sneak a CL spot.

I think this is the general consensus of Liverpool, their first team is as good as any of the others, but don't have the squad to match the other contenders. 

City have a great squad, and fantastic manager, but will they miss not getting Kane over the season, I think they will.

Man U have the slightly weaker first team and manager, but big squad and ultimately Ronaldo, who is already showing the difference he makes.

Chelsea look great, have a fantastic squad, and Lukaku is already scoring. Tuchel seems to have a plan B that often works in their favour. I'd be fancying them right now, they can have injuries in most positions and not be too effected.

City started last season slowly but the compressed season really favoured theirs and Chelsea's squads. Chelsea having Lampard in charge for the first half ruled them out of the title race leaving city on their own. I think this season will be alot closer with the possibility of 3 or even 4 teams still being in contention by Easter. Liverpool are definitely capable of putting together a similar run as the 2018/2019 & 2019/20 seasons now we are back to normal. 

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

The manager decides the tactics  and he in inept. The fact United have a shit midfield means they are totally bypassed in the play.

Something is not quite right though.

Shit manager, shit midfield, maguire is average, shaw shit, win bissaka shit going forward, martial shit, shit keeper, average squad.

But we finished 2nd.

Hhhmmm something not quite right here.

24 minutes ago, thetime said:

Shit manager, shit midfield, maguire is average, shaw shit, win bissaka shit going forward, martial shit, shit keeper, average squad.

But we finished 2nd.

Speaking as a fellow United fan, I don’t think Ole has done anything special in terms of coaching to get us to 2nd last season, I think that’s down to individual qualities of certain players - mainly Bruno. 
Can’t deny that he has massively improved moral, and brought the feel and energy back to the ‘United way’, as well as bringing in some quality signings, but i do think he’s out of his depth coaching wise and don’t see us lifting any trophies under him - not even the second rate ones.
His in game substitutions are horrific mostly, and I don’t see what style of play we are aiming for. And we saw last week there is no Plan B. Really does seem it’s a case of hoping one of the front 5 produce some moments of magic. 
I’d love nothing more than to be proved wrong and he leads us back to the glory days, but I just do see it. 

11 minutes ago, st dan said:

Speaking as a fellow United fan, I don’t think Ole has done anything special in terms of coaching to get us to 2nd last season, I think that’s down to individual qualities of certain players - mainly Bruno. 
Can’t deny that he has massively improved moral, and brought the feel and energy back to the ‘United way’, as well as bringing in some quality signings, but i do think he’s out of his depth coaching wise and don’t see us lifting any trophies under him - not even the second rate ones.
His in game substitutions are horrific mostly, and I don’t see what style of play we are aiming for. And we saw last week there is no Plan B. Really does seem it’s a case of hoping one of the front 5 produce some moments of magic. 
I’d love nothing more than to be proved wrong and he leads us back to the glory days, but I just do see it. 

Didn't United have great coaches before ole? Jose and van gaal, it didn't work. 

Ole will never get the respect he deserves in my view, even from United fans. United win, its down to the individual players, united lose and ole is shit. What is it now 29 away league games undefeated, he must know a little bit.

Generally he gets the better of vastly more celebrated managers like pep, klopp and tuchel. 

His subs are questionable and naive in Europe, but he is doing a good job from the despair of moyes/jose/Louis. 

Its the league cup, a midfield of matic, mata and VDB....That's all.

Edited by thetime

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

But we finished 2nd.

Martial is shit though, or at least has been playing poorly for an extended period of time now - that can be universally agreed by all can’t it?