Football 2021/2022

jyoung

18 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Still don't really see the lack of striker being such a huge issue for city. You won two trophies and were one game away from winning the big one. That was without your striker. 

Of course other teams have strengthened but City's consistency is going to be so hard to beat.

We will compete for the title as we have a good defence and will put the middle and lower table teams away. I just worry about not being clinical enough against the top teams. If we score first, we generally go on to give them a hiding. Too many times though, we have created loads of chances, not took any and then been sucker punched.

18 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Still don't really see the lack of striker being such a huge issue for city. You won two trophies and were one game away from winning the big one. That was without your striker. 

Of course other teams have strengthened but City's consistency is going to be so hard to beat.

31 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Just not on Portuguese soil 😉

Couldn't resist that one. Anyway I too think not having a striker WILL at some point catch up with City. I expect them to challenge in all comps but I think there will be moments when a number nine is needed.

Phil Foden for the Messi false 9 role.

26 minutes ago, eastynh said:

We will compete for the title as we have a good defence and will put the middle and lower table teams away. I just worry about not being clinical enough against the top teams. If we score first, we generally go on to give them a hiding. Too many times though, we have created loads of chances, not took any and then been sucker punched.

Phil Foden for the Messi false 9 role.

Foden would be a good false Messi 

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Wrexham got 8000 plus yesterday for a national league game. Also been announced as the first non league team to get in Fifa. You can't get a home football top and it's tough to get a ticket. The owners really know how to play the social media game. Just need to translate it to results on the pitch.

We (Aldershot) are playing them at home in a few weeks. We’ve lost five out of five so far so can see that being the match where it all clicks together for the ‘Wrexham Red Dragons’.