Football 2021/2022

jyoung

How about two threads? One for genuine football discussion and one for the Liverpool fans to bash Manchester Utd/City and Everton in?

If you don't want to wade through all the tweets then you don't have to.

Edited by lost

Just now, thetime said:

Whilst I agree, very much in the camp of innocent until proven guilty.

I dont think they should of suspended until a charge, that being said sigursson hasn't been charged.

Depends on the charge. Doesn't work if you're charged with being a nonce or with multiple charges of rape

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He doesn't appear to be able to play football though, which is problematic for Leeds. Who are a football club. 

We’ll break him out of the diving habit. 

But after the eventful time we had the last time we tried to sign him I won’t actually believe it until I see him walking out of the tunnel at Elland Road wearing white. 

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

I dont think they should of suspended until a charge, that being said Unnamed Everton player hasn't been charged.

Hasn't been named either. Arrested, questioned and the CPS has until October to decide if there is enough evidence.

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

Come back when you can comment with a slight degree of intelligence. 

Lol put your head in a toilet. 

My viewpoint is perfectly valid. Sorry if its hard for you talk about the guys kicking a ball around when they're being arrested for rape.

• Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Well we’ve gone from three letters to three words - progress ! 

Lol what?

And whats the defence of City then? Just INNoCenT Until PrOvEN guilty? Any reason they couldn't have done what Everton have done for their suspected nonce?

And rapey Ronaldo's own legal team as per my previous tweet have confirmed his guilt really.

The reason why footballers get away with abuse and football clubs cover it up is because fans try to ignore and shout it down as long as the footballer has talent. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. 

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lol what?

And whats the defence of City then? Just INNoCenT Until PrOvEN guilty? Any reason they couldn't have done what Everton have done for their suspected nonce?

Neither of us are aware of all the facts. My position is City may have followed their own procedures and those of the law of the country to the letter or they may not have. Given I’ve no idea, I haven’t drawn on conclusion on that. You clearly have. Which is pretty stupid. 

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

The reason why footballers get away with abuse and football clubs cover it up is because fans try to ignore and shout it down as long as the footballer has talent. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. 

Poppycock. 

I guess you believe linking to click bait twitter feeds on a festival forum is the way to go about ensuring footballers don’t get away with abuse? 

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Neither of us are aware of all the facts. My position is City may have followed their own procedures and those of the law of the country to the letter or they may not have. Given I’ve no idea, I haven’t drawn on conclusion on that. You clearly have. Which is pretty stupid. 

Poppycock. 

I guess you believe linking to click bait twitter feeds on a festival forum is the way to go about ensuring footballers don’t get away with abuse? 

City clearly let mendy play knowing what he was accused off. Not sure they get much credit for that 

It's fair to bring up the allegations and admissions by Ronaldo given his signing by Utd. 

Good blog on it. Seems to be a football wide problem though

https://anniedray.blogspot.com/2021/08/innocent-untilproven-otherwise-doesnt.html?m=1

Didn't know this about Ole

"

Solskjaer is someone I have repeatedly championed as manager and advocated for against a sea of impatience with his management. To hear him speak so passionately and provocatively about the character of a player accused of committing a sexual act of violence against a woman has been difficult to digest. Not least of all because when he was at Molde he signed and played Babacar Sarr amid six rape allegations. He even made him captain. Does supporting him also make me complicit in supporting a sports culture that seemingly seeks to repeatedly shield players accused of sexual crimes? 

I'm not saying everyone has to hold my viewpoint or share in my distress as I try to steer myself  through a moral minefield and confront past traumas reopened by football's recent events. But when attempts to vocalize your feelings are punctured by a callous inertia towards even acknowledging that 'innocent until proven otherwise' doesn’t quite cut it when the juridical system is so flawed and unjust that the odds are already so heavily stacked against survivors it's difficult not to feel isolated in your opinion. The 'focusing on what he does on the pitch, not off of it' section of the fan-base might just consider that it's such a privilege to be able to watch a sports team and be able to suspend reality. And it's bone-achingly horrendous when that peace has been breached.

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

I watched Liverpool and Chelsea on NBC and interestingly they were clearly using the fake crowd noise from last season rather than the actual crowd noise. I think this was due to the Billy Gilmour homophobic abuse from the kop on the first day and they suspected the Chelsea rent boy chants may continue against the parent club which they didn't want to broadcast.

The social justice warrior campaign on here only seems to be an attempt to smear specific clubs which is why I suggested a separate thread for it. If it had of been City of Utd fans we would of had 10 pages of tweets about it.

Edited by lost

11 minutes ago, lost said:

I watched Liverpool and Chelsea on NBC and interestingly they were clearly using the fake crowd noise from last season rather than the actual crowd noise. I think this was due to the Billy Gilmour homophobic abuse from the kop on the first day and they suspected the Chelsea rent boy chants may continue against the parent club which they didn't want to broadcast.

The social justice warrior campaign on here only seems to be an attempt to smear specific clubs which is why I suggested a separate thread for it. If it had of been City of Utd fans we would of had 10 pages of tweets about it.

I didnt realise not wanting a football club to support their players who are accused credibly of sexual assault was people just being woke social justice warriors now

Youre of course welcome to bring up other clubs. If another club are covering up and ignoring sexual assault claims against players, im happy to have a go at them as well

Edited by zahidf

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I didnt realise not wanting a football club to support their players who are accused credibly of sexual assault was people just being woke social justice warriors now

Its not about sexual assault its about your posting style across multiple threads which is to spam them with tweets which support your opinion and are negative about things you don't like.

Edited by lost

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Its not about sexual assault its about your posting style across multiple threads which is to spam them with tweets which support your opinion and are negative about things you don't like.

Im within the rules of the forum. If you have an issue with my style then the ignore button is right there. 

53 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Im within the rules of the forum. If you have an issue with my style then the ignore button is right there. 

Apart from it creating disjointed threads I think people are trying to help you develop a bit of self awareness regarding what you are doing?

Take the covid thread. Last year you were spamming it with pro-lockdown stuff and things that tried to smear the Swedish approach. As far as I can ascertain from your posts you then went on a couple of dates with a girl over the summer and the 2nd lockdown stopped it from developing into a relationship? You then immediately started spamming the threads with anti-lockdown stuff. Do you realise how ridiculous that looked?

1 hour ago, lost said:

Apart from it creating disjointed threads I think people are trying to help you develop a bit of self awareness regarding what you are doing?

Take the covid thread. Last year you were spamming it with pro-lockdown stuff and things that tried to smear the Swedish approach. As far as I can ascertain from your posts you then went on a couple of dates with a girl over the summer and the 2nd lockdown stopped it from developing into a relationship? You then immediately started spamming the threads with anti-lockdown stuff. Do you realise how ridiculous that looked?

Well no, I post stuff I find interesting. I changed my mind over lockdowns once the vaccine turned up. Your timing is ... slightly off on that count. 

But that's not very relevant to this on football sex pests.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

I have no issue with your style when you actually post joined up sentences that allow other posters to respond to fact and/or opinion. 

The consistent linking to tweets without meaningful comment is not a style. I don’t see why you fail to understand this. 

Football is so big now that there’s a lot out there that is related to football but is not football specific. Sometimes it’s interesting to discuss those issues. Many posters do this but they also primarily discuss football. You rarely if ever, discuss the actual football.

This makes it appear as though you’re only on some social crusade and have zero interest in the football itself. That’s fine, if that’s what you wish to do, I just don’t like it on this thread.