Football 2021/2022

jyoung

23 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

His style definitely suits the Premier League, just six goals and six assists in his last Championship season. The biggest problem for him will be living up to to the British record transfer fee. If Pep keeps rotating his squad and Grealish can't hit the ground running as a result the media will hound him. Don't think I'd care if I was on £350,000 a week mind

That won’t be an issue for very long.

Sounds like Chelsea are about to get very close to it. I love Lukaku to bits but he never did it against the top 4 at Everton, it seems alot in todays market.

Edited by lost

51 minutes ago, lost said:

Sounds like Chelsea are about to get very close to it. I love Lukaku to bits but he never did it against the top 4 at Everton, it seems alot in todays market.

Seems a bit of a dead comment. He is surely a better player now? 

12 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Seems a bit of a dead comment. He is surely a better player now? 

Guess we will find out. He's been destroying Italian defences which I thought were of much lower standard till the Euros's 😆

I thought Chelsea would persist for another year with Werner and target Haalands £68million release clause next year. As I said it seems alot.

12 minutes ago, lost said:

Guess we will find out. He's been destroying Italian defences which I thought were of much lower standard till the Euros's 😆

I thought Chelsea would persist for another year with Werner and target Haalands £68million release clause next year. As I said it seems alot.

When Jorginho was your top goalscorer with seven goals you simply have to sign a proven goalscorer.

1 hour ago, lost said:

I think the only chance Chelsea have to get Haaland is now. Once that release clause kicks in there will be too much competition.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

When Jorginho was your top goalscorer with seven goals you simply have to sign a proven goalscorer.

That post about winning the title when you spend the most money(utd), might bite you on the arse come end of window. 

320m in 12 months. 

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I think the only chance Chelsea have to get Haaland is now. Once that release clause kicks in there will be too much competition.

Amazed city and Chelsea havnt gone all out for him, unless he's made it known where his going.

I'm guessing Mbappe to Madrid when his contract is up in 2022 and then PSG will move for Haaland. It depends on what state La Liga is in this time next year, in the past you would of expected Madrid to move for both of them.

1 hour ago, lost said:

I'm guessing Mbappe to Madrid when his contract is up in 2022 and then PSG will move for Haaland. It depends on what state La Liga is in this time next year, in the past you would of expected Madrid to move for both of them.

Madrid cant afford it. Much like Barca. Watching the Messi press conference here. Said last year he wanted to leave but this year he didnt want to leave. Offered to take a 50% pay cut.

La Liga’s salary cap is set at 70% of revenue. Barca’s wage bill to revenue ratio is 115%. If he played for free it would still be over 90%. So as it stands they can't even register Ageuro to play this season.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:43 AM, andyrhodes24 said:

So fans of other clubs don't have that opinion then? Or do you want me to ignore the fact he's lazy and dives at every opportunity? Didn't show up in the Championship when he was getting kicked out by teams like Rotherham did he...

https://fb.watch/7gLd5qjVCd/ Must have missed this goal of the season against Rotherham then pal..

11 hours ago, leej7 said:

https://fb.watch/7gLd5qjVCd/ Must have missed this goal of the season against Rotherham then pal..

If you want to re-read my reply I did say teams “like” Rotherham, bet he didn’t fancy it down at The Den did he? 6 goals and 6 assists that season is hardly special for your little golden boy. He’ll be much better in Manchester being carried by De Bruyne

Messi to PSG is such a shame.

I’ve always swayed towards Messi in the classic Messi v Ronaldo debate and to be honest never expected him to leave Barca but now that’s happening for him to move to such a sub standard league is really disappointing.

Surely if you want to cement yourself as the G.O.A.T then you come to the Prem…

Ultimately money is the winner.