Glastonbury acts that never were

kalifire

On 6/15/2021 at 5:40 AM, eFestivals said:

That prince was booked was the story. I was getting word from the prince camp And  that was that he never said yes. Im confident that word was reliable because i was able to double check some off if at the Glastonbury end of things.

Fair enough, it's not exactly against what I'm saying - the story wasn't he was 100% (quite the opposite).

Michael was saying they were hoping to announce the third headliner that night (although think he also hinted it could be later in week) but couldn't be sure until it was 100% because of the way 'he' was and past dealings with said unnamed artist.

From memory that was a fairly wild year for the last headliner until The Who confirmed. You may even have ran a story about a supergroup rumour or something at one stage?

Edited by strummer77

5 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Fair enough, it's not exactly against what I'm saying - the story wasn't he was 100% (quite the opposite).

Michael was saying they were hoping to announce the third headliner that night (although think he also hinted it could be later in week) but couldn't be sure until it was 100% because of the way 'he' was and past dealings with said unnamed artist.

I remember the story from the time about that Monday night thing. I also know the who were lined up before that Monday night. So the story doesn't hang together.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I remember the story from the time about that Monday night thing. I also know the who were lined up before that Monday night. So the story doesn't hang together.

For the record I am now not backing up the Friday/Monday night thing as I don't know when that was. It's a separate story.

I'm just saying what Michael was saying at a small event in March/April that year about a third headliner being imminent but being notoriously difficult to confirm. Then nothing happened and there was clearly a scramble as The Who ended up cancelling stuff to play.

Edited by strummer77

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

For the record I am now not backing up the Friday/Monday night thing as I don't know when that was. It's a separate story.

I'm just saying what Michael was saying at a small event in March/April that year about a third headliner being imminent but being notoriously difficult to confirm. Then nothing happened and there was clearly a scramble as The Who ended up cancelling stuff to play.

Yeah I know Michael said something about getting confirmation on the Monday. But I also know that the who were already in place to headline before that Monday. So I don't doubt that Michael said it I do doubt that he was expecting a confirmation from prince.otherwise he wouldn't have already arranged an alternative headliner.