Glastonbury acts that never were

kalifire

When I started going to Glastonbury, in the 1980's, it seemed utterly inconceivable that really big names like U2 or Bowie would ever play this modest festival with leftie leanings. So I'd see them elsewhere. For me, it's a big shame that Freddie Mercury (& Queen obvs) wasn't around to play the Pyramid at a time when the festival was big enough. It's the one, huge, body of UK rock that has never been represented on the farm, and I can't see Queen & Adam Lambert doing it anytime soon.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

There was a point.....probably around Music, when she would have stormed it.  She's been rumoured a few times since but I can't help feeling she just wouldn't 'get' it.

Yep I agree … don’t think she will make it to legend spot either … I’d guess she’s above budget 

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they tried for him in 2014 (Metallica) and again in 15 (The Who).

I believe there was one year he said yes on a Friday evening and called up on Monday to say he’d changed his mind. Not sure which.

He also told the festival he would never play.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I believe there was one year he said yes on a Friday evening and called up on Monday to say he’d changed his mind. Not sure which.

He also told the festival he would never play.

Michael told me in nov 2014 at a q and a that he wasn’t able to talk about prince appearing at the preceding festival .. at that stage I’m pretty certain he had at least been pencilled in for 2015