Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, BeardedTheory_Rock City said:

Hi all

I’m part of the Rock City team that will be organising Bearded Theory for the first time this year! We’re really excited about this festival and feel it’s a perfect fit with the bands we already promote and put on at Rock City.

With this being our first year organising the festival I’d love to get some feedback from regular attendees on what you love about it or what you’d like to see included this year? What do you like drinking? What are the best areas/bars? Is there anything missing on the bar line-up? Anything that you think would make the festival better?

All feedback is welcome 😊

Look forward to seeing you all in May!

Bring back Jaipur X!!

Jokes. It’s the perfect festival. Wouldn’t change a thing. 

Plus one for Jaipur X, a wonderful first drink of the day.

Seriously, please don't mess with the beer. It's amazing to have a festival that caters for people who like decent beer. I probably spend more on beer at BT than I do at all my other festivals combined. Thornbridge are an awesome brewery and an integral factor behind why Bearded is the first festival in our diaries each year. Great beer, reasonably priced, it shows it can be done.

I wish other festivals, Glastonbury in particular, would realise that improving the quality of their alcohol offering would probably increase their turnover. I bought a couple of rounds at the Brooklyn bar near the Acoustic tent but not a single one from the main bars, the beer is that poor. 

Yes don't change a thing about the bars or the way alcohol is dealt with at BT 

I find it a very strange post, expecting a small group of people who post on this forum, in a subsection of that in one specific thread to give response to it 

Yet not a thing on their own official forum or official/unofficial Facebook pages or Twitter...

Edited by Paul ™

12 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Plus one for Jaipur X, a wonderful first drink of the day.

Seriously, please don't mess with the beer. It's amazing to have a festival that caters for people who like decent beer. I probably spend more on beer at BT than I do at all my other festivals combined. Thornbridge are an awesome brewery and an integral factor behind why Bearded is the first festival in our diaries each year. Great beer, reasonably priced, it shows it can be done.

I wish other festivals, Glastonbury in particular, would realise that improving the quality of their alcohol offering would probably increase their turnover. I bought a couple of rounds at the Brooklyn bar near the Acoustic tent but not a single one from the main bars, the beer is that poor. 

Bigfoot is phenomenal for beer choice...probably even better than Bearded

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Bigfoot is phenomenal for beer choice...probably even better than Bearded

It definitely appears that why, although I don't know what they charge, they do have some of my favourite breweries there; Vault City, Wylam and North. However, it's timing is bad, just before Glastonbury, there will only be one winner

17 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

It definitely appears that why, although I don't know what they charge, they do have some of my favourite breweries there; Vault City, Wylam and North. However, it's timing is bad, just before Glastonbury, there will only be one winner

We went last year and prebooked for this. Beer was really reasonably priced...basically same as a decent pub

33 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Just bought tickets for the first time 🤩 bringing the campervan and wondered what the ground and getting in was generally like (hilly/muddy etc)? 

any other tips and tricks greatly appreciated!

Generally flat but mud depends on weather so impossible to say.

Other tips -
Buy beer and or cider cos it is lush.
Go to the Tea Tent and drink boozy coffee and listen to some awesome grass roots bands.
Try and make time to visit all other stages as they are all different.
Chill in the woodland.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

30 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Just bought tickets for the first time 🤩 bringing the campervan and wondered what the ground and getting in was generally like (hilly/muddy etc)? 

any other tips and tricks greatly appreciated!

It should be fine, with the obvious caveats that extreme weather or something unexpected could always change that. They had some serious delays getting in (mostly I think caused by the Campervan accreditation + space allocation) a few years ago, so they opened gates earlier and changed the process and it has worked well since.

The ground is as flat as you'll ever see at a Festival site and drains reasonably well.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, BeardedTheory_Rock City said:

Hi all

I’m part of the Rock City team that will be organising Bearded Theory for the first time this year! We’re really excited about this festival and feel it’s a perfect fit with the bands we already promote and put on at Rock City.

With this being our first year organising the festival I’d love to get some feedback from regular attendees on what you love about it or what you’d like to see included this year? What do you like drinking? What are the best areas/bars? Is there anything missing on the bar line-up? Anything that you think would make the festival better?

As others have said, not much to change, especially on drinks and variety of acts. If you wanted to sort out a few more toilets and some sunshine i'm sure nobody would complain.

9 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Generally flat but mud depends on weather so impossible to say.

Other tips -
Buy beer and or cider cos it is lush.
Go to the Tea Tent and drink boozy coffee and listen to some awesome grass roots bands.
Try and make time to visit all other stages as they are all different.
Chill in the woodland.

9 hours ago, incident said:

It should be fine, with the obvious caveats that extreme weather or something unexpected could always change that. They had some serious delays getting in (mostly I think caused by the Campervan accreditation + space allocation) a few years ago, so they opened gates earlier and changed the process and it has worked well since.

The ground is as flat as you'll ever see at a Festival site and drains reasonably well.

Brilliant thank you, can’t wait!

On 2/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, BeardedTheory_Rock City said:

Hi all

Don't change anything...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and Bearded is probably one of the very few things in this world at the moment that ain't broke. 

Took me bloody decades to find a festival I love, my daughter loves and my other half  doesn't hate and don't fancy having to start looking again from scratch if it changes.

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

So me and my partner are coming to BT for the first time! Bought tickets in 2020 as we missed out on Glastonbury, but had a slight change or circumstances in the meantime. My partner will be 8 months pregnant when we attend... any tips?? 😩

Decent camp chair for in the arena, and if you are camping one of them plastic loos for in your tent. 

Its a brilliant festival...you'll love it! 

On 3/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, Fearless_Fish said:

Yeah we're camping. Biggest concern I think is comfort when sleeping!

The car park is pretty close to the camping area. Take a trolley and make several trips and you can have all* the comforts of home.

*some.

Our set up now is a double camp bed, with an airbed on top, a quilt on top of that, us, then a quilt on top of us. We keep really warm and remarkably comfortable. Being there for 4 nights its definitely worth the effort...a goods night sleep puts you in much better mood the next day. Approaching 50 now so can't be doing with sleeping in a mat in a sleeping bag, I wouldnt be able to walk for weeks! 

We have a memory foam mattress topper we put on the air beds. It is bulky so needs an extra journey to car but it keeps things so warm it is lovely. As a nearly 57 year old with a bad back I reckon it has added 5 or more years to the ability to camp.