Jump to content

Bearded Theory 2022


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Who are we going for with the subs then?

It was 'supposed' to be You Me At Six, Toots and Johnny Marr.

 

Maybe they have kept hold of the two but who will replace Toots? I have a feeling that You Me At Six maybe a little big for a sub now and are now an arena sized act who may demand too high fee for BT?

They have said one of the subs is actually headliner sized for Bearded but they have agreed to go 2nd on the bill, which is apparently why The Mission are billed as 'special guests' as they are big enough to sub. Confusing. 

I am still going for Idles. They tried to book them for 2020 but was on an exclusivity agreement with another festival that year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I spotted The Maytals Band on a festival line-up somewhere so they're still going without Toots but no doubt they'd be lower down the bill.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a whole new trio, otherwise why not announce them with the rest of the line-up?

They were supposed to be at Green Man, but pulled out. The Fearless Fish Maytals curse continues!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No replacement for buying the programme on entry to read with your fine ale and cider from the bars and all based on times from 2018 and 2019 but here is the start of a clash finder.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2022

Already got clashes 😒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tickets back in the bag for next year so made up about that 🙂

I think they should look to book up and coming band called Witch Fever from Manchester as seen them so many time now and they are amazing!!!

 

please book them guys!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tickets sorted...Not been for a few years as normally clashes with Glastonbudget which my gang prefer....Can't wait.  Going to be different though as taking my 7 year old...Can't think of a better festival to take a child to based on previous experience.  See you in a field!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

No replacement for buying the programme on entry to read with your fine ale and cider from the bars and all based on times from 2018 and 2019 but here is the start of a clash finder.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2022

Pretty sure Magical Sounds went on until later than midnight at the last BT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

So 2 friends in a group of 6 made a rookie error this morning and both purchased 6tics and a campervan tic !!!!!!!!!!!

so if you are thinking of going and don`t yet have your tics message me and i`ll put you in touch.

Might be worth contacting bearded and seeing what they can do. They are a small team so might be more flexible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, DJL said:

... and we're in for the first time. Very excited. 

Has anyone ever got a cab home at the end of the night. We will camp but possibly not every night and we live fairly locally...

Yes, a couple of my friends have, to b&b’s, without any problems. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DJL said:

... and we're in for the first time. Very excited. 

Has anyone ever got a cab home at the end of the night. We will camp but possibly not every night and we live fairly locally...

Its such a brilliant festival...compact site so no massive hikes (but still plenty of room), great beer choice, but the crowd is what makes it...an absolutely lovely bunch. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

So 2 friends in a group of 6 made a rookie error this morning and both purchased 6tics and a campervan tic !!!!!!!!!!!

so if you are thinking of going and don`t yet have your tics message me and i`ll put you in touch.

UPDATE......... 3 TICKETS AND CAMPERVAN HAVE GONE SO JUST 3 TICKETS LEFT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 6:50 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Pretty sure Magical Sounds went on until later than midnight at the last BT.

Hoping it's still 3am Friday and Saturday night.  Which has got me thinking, any news on whether the previously-planned Arcadia spider will still make its debut? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, timespeedsup said:

Hoping it's still 3am Friday and Saturday night.  Which has got me thinking, any news on whether the previously-planned Arcadia spider will still make its debut? 

Not sure mate.

New Placebo song dropping on Friday too, with a new album primed too apparently 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Thinking of treating myself to a stay in one of the posh tents... anyone stayed in them before and what they like?

Are there big queues for the showers?

If anyone has an pics I'd really appreciate it 🙂

I showered a couple of times late afternoon at the last BT, no queue either time. I wasn't in the posh bit though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Still going for Idles as sub headliner for the Friday...not sure if the below makes it more or less likely though...

Screenshot_20210909-174336_Lite.jpg

I think we will get Echo & the Bunnymen back too given this festival puts them in Wolverhampton on the Saturday..... I really hope so

Hoping the Undertones are back on the lineup too 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I think we will get Echo & the Bunnymen back too given this festival puts them in Wolverhampton on the Saturday..... I really hope so

Hoping the Undertones are back on the lineup too 🙂 

The undertones? Is this the original line up or a queenesque feargel stand in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, zico martin said:

The undertones? Is this the original line up or a queenesque feargel stand in?

It's a stand-in, but it's the same stand-in that they've had since they reformed in the 90s, and have released a few (largely ignored) albums of new material with so it's long term at this point. It's nowhere near the almost karaoke levels that Queen have reached. The rest of the band is unchanged since the mid 70s.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...