Jump to content

Bearded Theory 2022


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tjamest said:

Bit of a nightmare so far, left Bournemouth at 08.30, broke down at about 10.00, had to join AA they turnrd up at 12.00 but couldnt fix it so had to upgrade to recovery member and unfortunately as i was not an existing member they charge £4.00 a mile after the first 15 and i was about 80 miles from home. Now back in Bournemouth and borrowing a mates car and driving up first thing tomorrow about £500 lighter before any repairs needed on the car☹

 

 

Really sorry to hear that, last thing you needed. 

Hope that the drive up tomorrow goes without any problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chrisfestival said:

Really sorry to hear that, last thing you needed. 

Hope that the drive up tomorrow goes without any problems.

Thanks ive borrowed a mates car so should be fine, although slightly terrified as it a brand new Merc worth more than 50 times more than my old jalopy🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hearing of a distinct lack of camping space already, which is bit hairy for our arrival tomorrow. Don't recall space issues previously, and they've not upped the attendees, so anyone any idea if true and how come?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tjamest said:

Bit of a nightmare so far, left Bournemouth at 08.30, broke down at about 10.00, had to join AA they turnrd up at 12.00 but couldnt fix it so had to upgrade to recovery member and unfortunately as i was not an existing member they charge £4.00 a mile after the first 15 and i was about 80 miles from home. Now back in Bournemouth and borrowing a mates car and driving up first thing tomorrow about £500 lighter before any repairs needed on the car☹

 

 

Sounds awful.hope you have a better day tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's space in the fields up by the entrance to the arena. They had some paths marked out yesterday and they've now taken the tape away. Don't know how long it will last though but people might not realise it's there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There's space in the fields up by the entrance to the arena. They had some paths marked out yesterday and they've now taken the tape away. Don't know how long it will last though but people might not realise it's there.

This. 

Just finished my shift across camping and camper vans. When I moved across from the camping field about midday there was still space. And there were still gaps dotted around generally too. 

Just look for the people in the pink high vis. They'll be able to help you find space. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Oxfammers!
 

just in case it hasn’t come to attention down any other route. There’s no water in Campervan 15 - no showers, standpipe or flush. Not sure how widespread this is. If it’s sitewide then you’ll know already, but if it’s localised maybe tell Oxbox! Thanks! x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The queueing for woodlands is less than ideal but otherwise having a lovely festival. Bob Vylan, Blackballed and Walt Disco (plus karaoke weirdly) highlights 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think there is another artist whose albums I pay less attention to between tours but then thoroughly enjoy as much live - The Flaming Lips are consistently an absolutely spectacular live act. I don’t think you could have anyone better closing a festival 🙌👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DJL said:

I don’t think there is another artist whose albums I pay less attention to between tours but then thoroughly enjoy as much live - The Flaming Lips are consistently an absolutely spectacular live act. I don’t think you could have anyone better closing a festival 🙌👌

I'd second that. I rarely listen to them to be honest but live they are outstanding 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been home an hour. Breeze getting out as it was getting in.

Great weekend, trainers weather, top ale choices, friendly crowd as always and a cracking bill.

Particularly enjoyed Walt Disco, Fat White Family, Liines, and finishing off with that glorious Flaming Lips set.

A few more toilets wouldn't go amiss but the only disappointment was the new queues for Woodland even when it didn't seem very full, which is strange.

Hope everyone had a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back after my first BT.  Really enjoyed it - great set of headliners and some nice surprises down the bill.  Good choice of beers at reasonable prices (especially liked the little microbrewery stands) - but hasn't the price of festival food skyrocketed?!

Couple of observations - Woodlands is a beautiful location but really too small for a second stage, not helped by the number of camping chairs in use (see also Pallet Stage).  Also not convinced by fairgrounds at festivals - space would be better used for a big tent to act as second stage (as per Green Man) with the Woodlands a niche third stage (like the Courtyard at Green Man).

Campervan fields - could do with more toilets and water points really - but good and flat and firm.

But minor niggles - overall I loved it and would love to come back next year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...