Jump to content

Bearded Theory 2022


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it just me or have the weather forecasts dipped a bit (based on phone app and bbc app). That said the weather in Derbyshire has been consistently better than the forecast for about the last week…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Is it just me or have the weather forecasts dipped a bit (based on phone app and bbc app). That said the weather in Derbyshire has been consistently better than the forecast for about the last week…

Yeah, I thought that. Have been watching the Met office app and it’s now saying a bit cooler and less sunny. Still forecast to be dry all weekend though so here’s hoping! 🤞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plot2pot said:

Yeah, I thought that. Have been watching the Met office app and it’s now saying a bit cooler and less sunny. Still forecast to be dry all weekend though so here’s hoping! 🤞 

The weather forecast at 9am yesterday for yesterday was wrong........

They are struggling with where the high pressure will go to as well as how soon it will build in.

There is still a 5% chance that there will be light patchy rain Thursday afternoon if the High is later arriving.

Then Sunday is cooler as models show the high heading north west allowing northerly winds down from Norway to cross the UK - if the high stays 30-50 miles lower or more easterly then we miss those winds - but at the moment it looks like we are getting them.

They will not know much more until Friday as how the high builds in on Thursday will dictate Sunday.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The weather forecast at 9am yesterday for yesterday was wrong........

They are struggling with where the high pressure will go to as well as how soon it will build in.

There is still a 5% chance that there will be light patchy rain Thursday afternoon if the High is later arriving.

Then Sunday is cooler as models show the high heading north west allowing northerly winds down from Norway to cross the UK - if the high stays 30-50 miles lower or more easterly then we miss those winds - but at the moment it looks like we are getting them.

They will not know much more until Friday as how the high builds in on Thursday will dictate Sunday.

Oh how I've missed posts like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Oh how I've missed posts like this.

I so wish I never had to make the post and just rejoyced in 4 dry warm days................................

Just don't look at the latest forecast updates that have just been done. Wait til the 4-6pm ones and keep things crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I so wish I never had to make the post and just rejoyced in 4 dry warm days................................

Just don't look at the latest forecast updates that have just been done. Wait til the 4-6pm ones and keep things crossed.

The one I'm looking at it, has showers Thursday arvo, dry Fri, Sat, Sun, but not warm, highs of 15.. changing all the time though

I bought a rain mack yday, in the hope the rain would stay away and id be wasting money - alas, not worked out like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The weather forecast at 9am yesterday for yesterday was wrong........

They are struggling with where the high pressure will go to as well as how soon it will build in.

There is still a 5% chance that there will be light patchy rain Thursday afternoon if the High is later arriving.

Then Sunday is cooler as models show the high heading north west allowing northerly winds down from Norway to cross the UK - if the high stays 30-50 miles lower or more easterly then we miss those winds - but at the moment it looks like we are getting them.

They will not know much more until Friday as how the high builds in on Thursday will dictate Sunday.

As has been said, I have really missed posts like this. Excellent stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is more than a bit embarrassing (and expensive), but with all the rearrangements and whatnot I completely forgot I had bought tickets to this for the previously arranged September edition. My wife has covid and in any case it’s too late to get the time off work etc. does anyone know if there’s an official resale site etc that we could try and sell the tickets on (rather last minute I know!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

This is more than a bit embarrassing (and expensive), but with all the rearrangements and whatnot I completely forgot I had bought tickets to this for the previously arranged September edition. My wife has covid and in any case it’s too late to get the time off work etc. does anyone know if there’s an official resale site etc that we could try and sell the tickets on (rather last minute I know!)

Think they are recommending selling on Twickets...good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

This is more than a bit embarrassing (and expensive), but with all the rearrangements and whatnot I completely forgot I had bought tickets to this for the previously arranged September edition. My wife has covid and in any case it’s too late to get the time off work etc. does anyone know if there’s an official resale site etc that we could try and sell the tickets on (rather last minute I know!)

Yes Twickets - and there is  a Beadred Theory Chat group on Facebook you can post the Twickets link in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

This is more than a bit embarrassing (and expensive), but with all the rearrangements and whatnot I completely forgot I had bought tickets to this for the previously arranged September edition. My wife has covid and in any case it’s too late to get the time off work etc. does anyone know if there’s an official resale site etc that we could try and sell the tickets on (rather last minute I know!)

Twickets is good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I admit I'm a bit sad. But really excited that we have a Vocation bar and a Magic Rock bar in the arena.  Can't wait to see what they're stocking. Less than 2 days to go!

Not at all. BT virgin, pretty excited for it all but esp. the bars 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finishing off packing then setting off about 10. With a supermarket stop on the way should get there for about 2ish just as the Oxfam field opens. 

What's it like there at the moment Paul? Met office is saying a bit of rain today then fine for the rest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little bit of light rain in my part of Derbyshire at the moment… but not unpleasant to stand out in or enough to affect the ground (beyond it making it slightly easier putting tent pegs in)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small chance of light showers Thursday noon til 2 and also 5-6 but it is  a small chance and you might not even notice them.

Apart from that Fri and Sat lovely - not hot but  OK.

Sunday, BrrMcChilly unless the cloud thins but dry none the less.

Cannot wait to be there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 12:48 AM, Paul ™ said:

With regards to a meet, Thursday ok with most? (realise there are shifts to do for some of you)

I suggest we pick a bar, and meet outside of it. Need to find out what ones are open though on the Thursday, am hoping all of them! 

@PinheadI've sent you a PM

I’d be up for a meet as well, subject to shifts. Another Oxfammer here. Keep us posted  

 

Re the weather all I can remember from last time in 2019 is that the days were usually bright and ok, but the night time was effing freezing! Coldest I have ever been at a festival. Take those extra rugs and woolly socks / or ensure beer jacket is at optimal temperature. I think it will be the same this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...