Jump to content

Bearded Theory 2022


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Some of crew camping is having a move, no more info though!

Let me know if Oxfam have to move so I don't go up and down the road on Wed looking for where they ended up ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Let me know if Oxfam have to move so I don't go up and down the road on Wed looking for where they ended up 😉

What's your email regarding arrival said?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

What's your email regarding arrival said?

It was quite inspecific this year, and I also remember it being moved before from what it said before I arrived due to developing onsite circumstances... atm it just says its where it was in 2019, however I know that's been requisitioned by crew, campervan overflow etc. at the last minute over the years too. The field entrace is normally the one opposite the back lane going down to backstage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't believe it's next week!  This is where I'm at.  Meeting up with my friend tomorrow to discuss plans.  Went for a walk after work to find that my walking boots aren't waterproof!  So will try to buy some at the weekend and also take my trusty DMs.  Found one of my sandals (no idea where the other one is!)  Need to buy booze.  Made a list of what else I need to do.  Kept wondering what food stalls there would be ( I must admit this took up a lot of my time).  Oh and bought some silly sunglasses.

Generally got excited really.

 

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

It was quite inspecific this year, and I also remember it being moved before from what it said before I arrived due to developing onsite circumstances... atm it just says its where it was in 2019, however I know that's been requisitioned by crew, campervan overflow etc. at the last minute over the years too. The field entrace is normally the one opposite the back lane going down to backstage.

I'd aim for there again, if I hear anything different I will let you know. I do know there is a new field being used for some crews, but can't give much more than that atm.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Can't believe it's next week!  This is where I'm at.  Meeting up with my friend tomorrow to discuss plans.  Went for a walk after work to find that my walking boots aren't waterproof!  So will try to buy some at the weekend and also take my trusty DMs.  Found one of my sandals (no idea where the other one is!)  Need to buy booze.  Made a list of what else I need to do.  Kept wondering what food stalls there would be ( I must admit this took up a lot of my time).  Oh and bought some silly sunglasses.

Generally got excited really.

 

Yeah...this time next week...FINALLY!

Been packed for ages although my other half is leaving to the last minute (as per usual). 

Cannot wait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, getting closer now folks.....Beer purchased yesterday (morrisons doing 30 cans for £20 deal), tent is out and will put up tomorrow to check in working order plus hero fancy dress sorted.

Also bought a tankard as don't like drinking out of cans which begs the leftfield question of if anyone knows if the bar staff will be allowed to pour a pint directly into the tankard I bring?  Saves a waste of plastic but not sure of the hygiene considerations.....

 

Now if I can just sort this back pain out before I start moshing that would be just dandy.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bertieb73 said:

Yep, getting closer now folks.....Beer purchased yesterday (morrisons doing 30 cans for £20 deal), tent is out and will put up tomorrow to check in working order plus hero fancy dress sorted.

Also bought a tankard as don't like drinking out of cans which begs the leftfield question of if anyone knows if the bar staff will be allowed to pour a pint directly into the tankard I bring?  Saves a waste of plastic but not sure of the hygiene considerations.....

 

Now if I can just sort this back pain out before I start moshing that would be just dandy.....

Pretty sure I carried around my own pint pot and they filled it - but it was 3 years ago and the brain is not what it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Pretty sure I carried around my own pint pot and they filled it - but it was 3 years ago and the brain is not what it was.

OK, cheers.  I will take it along and hopefully they will be allowed to fill it....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, bertieb73 said:

OK, cheers.  I will take it along and hopefully they will be allowed to fill it....

Not sure if they don't fill it cos its a weights and measures thing, i.e. licensing laws. Nothing to stop them filling a pint cup then pooring it into yer flaggon though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Not sure if they don't fill it cos its a weights and measures thing, i.e. licensing laws. Nothing to stop them filling a pint cup then pooring it into yer flaggon though.

This is the most likely solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Not sure if they don't fill it cos its a weights and measures thing, i.e. licensing laws. Nothing to stop them filling a pint cup then pooring it into yer flaggon though.

I wouldn't swear to it but that's what I think happened in 2019,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Beerqueen said:

So do we know what food is going to be there?

If the Indian place isn't there, we riot.

Need my bacon & egg batch with free coffee for breakfast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gnomicide said:

If the Indian place isn't there, we riot.

Need my bacon & egg batch with free coffee for breakfast. 

Wasn't that Ghandi's flip flop which has stopped trading?

Where's your breakfast of choice from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Wasn't that Ghandi's flip flop which has stopped trading?

Where's your breakfast of choice from?

Nope, Indian place that is always on the left as you walk in. I may have a photo, hold the line please caller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea what traders are coming, but the build is coming on well..

Some photos being posted by Sparky on the BT Chat page on Facearse.

But here is a cheeky one for you..

PXL_20220519_201320908.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning y'all

Pretty sure i wont be feeling this fresh next Friday morning

Nice picture Paul, cheers

Been looking through the line up again, completely forgot Frank Turner was there. Such a quality line up, thats not including things on in the tea tent, where i love to spend time

Bring on Thursday

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neil said:

seems odd when BT  was the most confident when covid hit.

Not sure about confident. I bought my ticket on 18th March 2020 the day Glastonbury cancelled. When I bought the ticket BT was still officially going ahead in May 2020, but they already had contingency plans in place to hold the festival in September. Since then they have been very cautious resulting in the festival being 3 years late.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, alanr said:

Not sure about confident. I bought my ticket on 18th March 2020 the day Glastonbury cancelled. When I bought the ticket BT was still officially going ahead in May 2020, but they already had contingency plans in place to hold the festival in September. Since then they have been very cautious resulting in the festival being 3 years late.

 

they were about the quickest to put an alternative in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Not sure if they don't fill it cos its a weights and measures thing, i.e. licensing laws. Nothing to stop them filling a pint cup then pooring it into yer flaggon though.

It is a weights and measures thing. Most tankards hold just over a pint though some come in just under. Bars have to serve set measures or they break the terms of their license 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 10:21 AM, bertieb73 said:

Also bought a tankard as don't like drinking out of cans which begs the leftfield question of if anyone knows if the bar staff will be allowed to pour a pint directly into the tankard I bring?  Saves a waste of plastic but not sure of the hygiene considerations.....

In 2019 you had to buy one of their plastic cups to put a pint in. Pretty sure they would also use a plastic cup you supply so i'm sure you'd be ok with a tankard. They may have to measure the beer in one of their plastic cups first then decant but that wouldn't waste plastic as they'll wash and re-use the cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...