Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

I’d be up for a meet as well, subject to shifts. Another Oxfammer here. Keep us posted  

Re the weather all I can remember from last time in 2019 is that the days were usually bright and ok, but the night time was effing freezing! Coldest I have ever been at a festival. Take those extra rugs and woolly socks / or ensure beer jacket is at optimal temperature. I think it will be the same this year. 

Yeah i always find BT is cold at night, beer jacket is always at optimal temp too...

got not interest in work today, need 4pm to hurry the hell up

33 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Bring jumpers!
Or, of course, come and buy them in the Oxfam shop.

That is exactly what I did in 2019. Lined long trousers and a M&S rug! Top service from a top team 👏🏾😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

I’d be up for a meet as well, subject to shifts. Another Oxfammer here. Keep us posted  

Re the weather all I can remember from last time in 2019 is that the days were usually bright and ok, but the night time was effing freezing! Coldest I have ever been at a festival. Take those extra rugs and woolly socks / or ensure beer jacket is at optimal temperature. I think it will be the same this year. 

I really don't remember 2019 being cold but that might be more to do with my memory (and I was staying in a campervan).  I probably spent quite a lot of time in the Maui Waui tent which would have helped as well.

The coldest I have ever been at a festival was in 2020 (yes, I managed to camp at a festival in 2020!) when I went to Beardy Folk.  It's up in the South Shropshire hills and I swear it is 10 degrees lower temperature up there than at ground level.  Not helped by the fact you were meant to stay sitting in your designated circle and the wind was blowing the rain horizontally.  Some of the acts said that they were having difficulty playing as their hands were too cold.  Me and my husband had the gear on that we had bought to go skiing in Canada when it was -25 and my friend had the gear on that she had bought for an Antarctic trip!  So, so cold.  

10 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

What is this and how much?

Batch/barm/roll, whatever you call it (please don't start that discussion again) 😄

Can't remember the price now but it was roughly the same price as other stall but you got a free hot drink.

Since I posted the original comment, it has been confirmed that they will be there.

4 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I went to moovin festival at the end of august last year and woke up to frost on the ground one morning

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Batch/barm/roll, whatever you call it (please don't start that discussion again) 😄

Can't remember the price now but it was roughly the same price as other stall but you got a free hot drink.

Since I posted the original comment, it has been confirmed that they will be there.

I thought it was an Indian breakfast delicacy but you mean a bacon sandwich?