Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha!  I was just coming back here to say that it seems like it's been done!  Thank you very much - I have a very quiet day at work so need this!

All finished I think - I may have made errors......... and the stage times doc may not be totally correct either.

In 2019 the little flyer had different times on it to the main brochure but that is all part of the fun that is Bearded Theory

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but here is a link to the Stage Times:

Set Times, Set Times, get yerr lovely set times 'ere!

Nice one. Think that's the first time they've ever published them.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Listening to the playlist and loving the Mission.  Not someone I've come across before.

BTW out of upvotes but there's a beer for you if we meet!

How have you avoided The Mission? 😄

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nice one. Think that's the first time they've ever published them.

How have you avoided The Mission? 😄

No idea!  I've read their wiki page and absolutely nothing rings a bell.  I think at that time I was very mainstream, singles rather than albums etc.  I just listened to the radio really so if they weren't on Radio 1, I probably didn't know them.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am now not sure what to do whilst supping beer on arrival whilst checking the clashfinder against the actual times. I am sure I will find a replacement, perhaps more beer.

I agree - that's always my thing.  May have to go and find out whether the Cheese Toastie stall is open.

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

As we move into the last few days, should we try another attempt at an eFests meet?

Thursday early evening is probably best bet... 

If there is any interest we can confirm a time/location 🙂

I'll be at one, shifts providing....

Have they managed to build the firetowers properly this year - lost count of the times I've had a shift on one only to be told it hasn't been built or its not signed off etc.... 🤨

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Star Botherers on the playlist now.  I have a soft spot for them as they donated their fee at Farmer Phil's to the Blood Bikes who always have a stall there.

SB's also playing in the Tea Tent - no idea what day so blackboard needs checking

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

SB's also playing in the Tea Tent - no idea what day so blackboard needs checking

Yes, I was thinking that I've seen them in there before.  Always like popping in there.  

Any idea of good tips of who to try to catch in Cabaret or Comedy?  

Is there still an Introducing tent?  I've seen some good stuff in there before too.

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yes, I was thinking that I've seen them in there before.  Always like popping in there.  

Any idea of good tips of who to try to catch in Cabaret or Comedy?  

Is there still an Introducing tent?  I've seen some good stuff in there before too.

I guess no Showcase this time.

Convoy Cabaret - rarely go in cos we are always on route but there are lots of gems in the. Zombie Met Girl, Blunders worth a listen. Comedy, not a clue.

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I guess no Showcase this time.

Convoy Cabaret - rarely go in cos we are always on route but there are lots of gems in the. Zombie Met Girl, Blunders worth a listen. Comedy, not a clue.

Blunders were there in 2019 weren't they?  I remember I kept mixing them up with Blinders.  

16 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

An efests meet would be good - where does it normally occur?

I don't think it's happened before.  I was thinking the Woodland bar might be nice - that's where I was picturing it in my head.  Or the pub near the fairground?  I dunno what do others think?

54 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Never have before - but unless I missed it they have not openly announced this document, just some good sleauthing has been done.

The "sleuthing" involved simply typing "Bearded Theory Set Times" into Google and... hey presto!

The BT website is rather in need of some work, someone posted the list of food stall earlier but I cannot find that from the website just from the link which (like the set times) is on the website but not linked on it.

Very odd.

16 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

The "sleuthing" involved simply typing "Bearded Theory Set Times" into Google and... hey presto!

The BT website is rather in need of some work, someone posted the list of food stall earlier but I cannot find that from the website just from the link which (like the set times) is on the website but not linked on it.

Very odd.

They are all normal folks like us with full time jobs so the website is often not priority I think - it is one of the things I like about the festival.............................the subject to faff element.

• Upvote 1