Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Perks said:

Morning y'all

Pretty sure i wont be feeling this fresh next Friday morning

Nice picture Paul, cheers

Been looking through the line up again, completely forgot Frank Turner was there. Such a quality line up, thats not including things on in the tea tent, where i love to spend time

Bring on Thursday

Yeah, really surprised he is subbing...we saw him at Beautiful Days which has a much bigger capacity last year and he was headlining so its almost like we are getting two headliners on the Saturday

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, really surprised he is subbing...we saw him at Beautiful Days which has a much bigger capacity last year and he was headlining so its almost like we are getting two headliners on the Saturday

Yeah like 2 headliners, really is

Just been down to me pal's ma, who is having the dog while i'm there, arranged to drop the dog of to her at 9.30am Thursday morning, should be at BT for 10.30ish, pitched up talking shite by 11.30, good plan

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah like 2 headliners, really is

Just been down to me pal's ma, who is having the dog while i'm there, arranged to drop the dog of to her at 9.30am Thursday morning, should be at BT for 10.30ish, pitched up talking shite by 11.30, good plan

Hoping to be set up around the same time...need to try and take it easy on the beer once the tent is up so dont peak too soon.

Will probably go back down to entrance and see if anybody needs a hand

5 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Hoping to be set up around the same time...need to try and take it easy on the beer once the tent is up so dont peak too soon.

Will probably go back down to entrance and see if anybody needs a hand

I will be too excited to take it easy on the beer - i have no willpower

Do you remember when they had them carts for rent to carry your stuff in, dude with the boombox blasting glam rock was a badass, give him a can and off you'd go, all done in one go. Dont remember him being there last time

38 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

And the vodka jelly man - I don't think he's coming back.

ah the vodka jelly man - hes a staple - whats happened there - love seeing him walking round

12 minutes ago, Perks said:

ah the vodka jelly man - hes a staple - whats happened there - love seeing him walking round

I have a vague recollection that he just decided to give it up - I think he said he wasn't going to be there in 2020.  (But then no one was).

Of course I may have misremembered.  Or he may have changed his mind.  We shall see.

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I have a vague recollection that he just decided to give it up - I think he said he wasn't going to be there in 2020.  (But then no one was).

Of course I may have misremembered.  Or he may have changed his mind.  We shall see.

can you change your name to Vodka Jelly Woman and take his spot?

6 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

The Hives have also headlined BDs, and they're the Sunday sub. Think the organisers were looking for someone they could put on as a headliner if either of the American acts had to pull out due to (gestures at entire state of the world)

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

But thinking about it, it's probably a great money maker - they can't cost much to produce - but you'd need to keep them cold before you sell them (assuming it's going to be a scorcher).

Today is good festival weather here. Bits of sunshine, not too hot, T-shirt weather. Only trouble is it’s bloody freezing at night. Beer jacket will come in handy

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Today is good festival weather here. Bits of sunshine, not too hot, T-shirt weather. Only trouble is it’s bloody freezing at night. Beer jacket will come in handy

Yes it's what you want, dry and not too hot (though a bit of sunshine would be welcome).  I'm just pootling round, getting my stuff ready, putting things on charge, wondering whether to try to buy some walking boots.

All packed now (apart from either on the day things like money and phone, or things that haven't arrived yet - new tent, new camping chair).  Oh and batteries for my lamp which are on charge.

Using it as a dry run for Glasto and think it's all worked well.  I have taken a few extra things as I will have the luxury of a car rather than travelling by coach.  But I think I know what I'll ditch for Glasto.

Can't wait now!

14 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

All packed now (apart from either on the day things like money and phone, or things that haven't arrived yet - new tent, new camping chair).  Oh and batteries for my lamp which are on charge.

Using it as a dry run for Glasto and think it's all worked well.  I have taken a few extra things as I will have the luxury of a car rather than travelling by coach.  But I think I know what I'll ditch for Glasto.

Can't wait now!

I need to take a leaf out of your book. I am nowhere near packed, got stuff out the loft last night.. so kinda made a start.

Popping the shops at dinnertime, grab a few things

3 day working week to get done, then its all about getting in that field

As we move into the last few days, should we try another attempt at an eFests meet?

Thursday early evening is probably best bet... 

If there is any interest we can confirm a time/location 🙂

Really looking good now. Need to buy a bit more booze and see if I can find my wellies. But just about sorted. First time I've "fesitvalled" in a campervan so it will be a slightly different experience and it's been such a long time 2019 and that was a small local fest -(Northern Kin - that I just day visited), before that 2018 Cropredy or 2017 Glasto. Did have plans for 2020 but we know what happened and will never speak of it again. For 2021 I had to choose between BT and Greenman, I thought BT had a better chance and I preferred the line up. Proper Nostradamus me.

I need this. Missed out on Glasto tickets this year - bugger.

Whisper it quietly but the weather is looking perfect.

54 minutes ago, Perks said:

mmmm cheese toasties

I had one of these - not expecting much, well it's just a cheese toastie isn't it.  OMG it was fantastic!  I don't know why/how but it was the best toastie ever!

27 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

As we move into the last few days, should we try another attempt at an eFests meet?

Thursday early evening is probably best bet... 

If there is any interest we can confirm a time/location 🙂

I'm up for it.

20 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Whisper it quietly but the weather is looking perfect.

It is isn't it.  Fingers crossed.