Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

Is there a current site map anywhere (specifically campsites in relation to car parks)?

Can't seem to find one on the BT website. Plans changed and now camping with a mate who won't be bringing his van. looking for somewhere not too wild, quietish, nearish to car parks and loos etc. Any suggestions.

Secondary to this is that if anyone is looking for  campervan pass, we probably have one available at face.

Further to this anyone know what the parking/camping arrangements are that are shown in this video?

Seem to be a lot of cars pitched up in a field with tents. Doesn't look like a van field, just a bunch of tents with various cars scattered about.

Edited by Copperface

18 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

All the email newsletters are on the website anyway (or posted in here or on FB) so just re-sign up to the newsletter if worried

Cheers. At this point I am at my traditional pre-festival stage of imagining everything that can go wrong. 😓

Daren't even think about the weather forecast! Note to self; check wellies...

31 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Further to this anyone know what the parking/camping arrangements are that are shown in this video?

Seem to be a lot of cars pitched up in a field with tents. Doesn't look like a van field, just a bunch of tents with various cars scattered about.

I will guess that is accessible camping

49 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Is there a current site map anywhere (specifically campsites in relation to car parks)?

Can't seem to find one on the BT website. Plans changed and now camping with a mate who won't be bringing his van. looking for somewhere not too wild, quietish, nearish to car parks and loos etc. Any suggestions.

Secondary to this is that if anyone is looking for  campervan pass, we probably have one available at face.

Stick your CVP on Twickets - it will be snapped up in minutes.

This map is from 2019 - little will be different. All is 10 mins walk from car park and apart from near the Teapot place it is all not too wild.

site-plan-768x605.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Family camping is on the website as 'family and quiet camping'...usually about a 10-15 walk from car park. To be honest nowhere is really far away at Bearded anyway. In terms of loos, normally a few by family but we take one of them little ones you can get from most camping shops for £15-£20 just for any 3am wee's if you dont fancy getting dressed and traipsing to the portaloos in the rain.

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Guessing might be the field for artists given he appeared to be dj'ing.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This map is from 2019 - little will be different. All is 10 mins walk from car park and apart from near the Teapot place it is all not too wild.

site-plan-768x605.jpg

11 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Family camping is on the website as 'family and quiet camping'...usually about a 10-15 walk from car park. To be honest nowhere is really far away at Bearded anyway. In terms of loos, normally a few by family but we take one of them little ones you can get from most camping shops for £15-£20 just for any 3am wee's if you dont fancy getting dressed and traipsing to the portaloos in the rain.

Thanks for replies. Re that map, where's the entry point into the site from the car parks? Does everyone get funnelled through family and then into general camping, or are there separate entrances direct from the car park into Catton or Gibbs?

Going to need two trips to car so just trying to reduce distances and lugging all my gear plus might leave some stuff in the car and just resupply as needed.

PS a Lenor bottle does me for the 3am wee!! 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Cheers. At this point I am at my traditional pre-festival stage of imagining everything that can go wrong. 

Ha ha...glad I'm not the only one! I've printed two lots of tickets off, packed everything weeks ago and loaded and unloaded the car twice it make sure I can fit it all in. My other half is dropping me off Thurs to set up then she is coming down with the babby after school Friday...so my panic will stretch until Friday PM when they turn up. Stressful this festival lark! 

Don't want to mention the 'W' word but its looking very good at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Copperface said:

They've got Artist & Crew Wristbands, so presumably they're across the road in Crew Camping which is more of a mixture of vans and tents.

• Like 1

Got a dog sitter sorted and put me new tent up yday, easy enough and got it packed away easy enough too - that wont happen at BT though

Buzzing for this now, 3 years in the waiting... gonna be some party.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Copperface said:

Thanks for replies. Re that map, where's the entry point into the site from the car parks? Does everyone get funnelled through family and then into general camping, or are there separate entrances direct from the car park into Catton or Gibbs?

Going to need two trips to car so just trying to reduce distances and lugging all my gear plus might leave some stuff in the car and just resupply as needed.

PS a Lenor bottle does me for the 3am wee!! 

Cheers.

The car park is off to the right and all camping come that way.

Yes they walk through Family etc but the walkways are wide, very wide and from farthest end of car park to farthest end of camping is 20 mins. Where we camp is 10 mins approx and we always do 2 trips as it is so easy to do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Perks said:

Got a dog sitter sorted and put me new tent up yday, easy enough and got it packed away easy enough too - that wont happen at BT though

Buzzing for this now, 3 years in the waiting... gonna be some party.

Getting the tent back into the bag used to be an absolute bastard of a thing! Found since we got an inflatable tent the bag is much better and usually do it at the first attempt. 

37 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Getting the tent back into the bag used to be an absolute bastard of a thing! Found since we got an inflatable tent the bag is much better and usually do it at the first attempt. 

Thats a bonus, me and me pal tried it yday, worked a treat, but we both knew at BT after a weekend of funtimes, its not gonna be that easy.

Popped to the offy yday too - got 48 desperadoes, along with the pineapple tequila thats brewing, its all coming up Millhouse, will by cold beers from the bars. (on that, anyone know the lager selection? remember the lucas lager from a few years back, loved that stuff)

28 minutes ago, Perks said:

Popped to the offy yday too - got 48 desperadoes, along with the pineapple tequila thats brewing, its all coming up Millhouse, will by cold beers from the bars. (on that, anyone know the lager selection? remember the lucas lager from a few years back, loved that stuff)

They've had Lukas on each of my visits, so fully expecting them to have it again

13 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

They've had Lukas on each of my visits, so fully expecting them to have it again

yeah that's the only one i can remember recently, really liked it.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:43 PM, chrisfestival said:

Does anyone know the closest train station and how easy it is to get from the train station to the site? (Beautiful days was always pretty easy with the shuttle bus, but I note that Bearded Theory isn't providing that service sadly) 

Try Burton upon Trent as well. Similar sort of distance as Lichfield in a taxi.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

site-plan-768x605.jpg

Yes we were in general camping nearish the teapot place last time. All very good natured of course but bongos all night wore a bit thin by Sunday!

If i'm thinking of the right spot.

Counting the days to finishing work next Weds now.

17 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Evening from a dark but dry Catton Park, photo taken earlier! 

PXL_20220516_190904590.jpg

I know where you are standing... About where the fire tower is, next to the gate that comes off the 2nd bend in the perimeter road? Anyway - not a lot there yet by the looks of it!

Apologies if I have missed it earlier (only recently decided to camp) but any recommendations for (general) camp sites? 

Normally don’t mind a bit of a walk for the sake of finding a bit of space. Are they pretty similar?

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I know where you are standing... About where the fire tower is, next to the gate that comes off the 2nd bend in the perimeter road? Anyway - not a lot there yet by the looks of it!

Quite a lot here, just not in that field as not much infrastructure goes in there anyway... but yes correct location.

Some of crew camping is having a move, no more info though! 

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Apologies if I have missed it earlier (only recently decided to camp) but any recommendations for (general) camp sites? 

Normally don’t mind a bit of a walk for the sake of finding a bit of space. Are they pretty similar?

Any of them are close tbh, and all similar (apart from Family/Quiet)

• Thanks 1