Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

Do we think the investment from the Rock City owners will change the festival much? Really hope not. Believe the bars will be run by them now rather than the company that have run them previously. 

Can't believe after buying the tickets about 2.5 years ago we will be there is less than 2 weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Do we think the investment from the Rock City owners will change the festival much? Really hope not. Believe the bars will be run by them now rather than the company that have run them previously. 

Can't believe after buying the tickets about 2.5 years ago we will be there is less than 2 weeks. 

This year - no, all the noises coming out sound like it'll be recognisably Bearded in just about all respects, and I believe that the previous owners are still heavily involved at the moment.

Beyond that - less confident - I suspect that DHP will want to use this year as a learning exercise, and so depending on what they see and how they feel about it we might see changes next year.

2 hours ago, incident said:

This year - no, all the noises coming out sound like it'll be recognisably Bearded in just about all respects, and I believe that the previous owners are still heavily involved at the moment.

Beyond that - less confident - I suspect that DHP will want to use this year as a learning exercise, and so depending on what they see and how they feel about it we might see changes next year.

We haven't been going that long but for me it is absolutely the highlight of my year...one of the main reasons I can drag my arse out of bed every day to do a job I don't particularly enjoy.

Can't think of anything they could do to make it better. A lot of festivals try to grow and get bigger name headliners but lose what made them special. 

We'll just have to wait and see how it goes I suppose!

3 hours ago, incident said:

That's interesting. Didn't realise they had bought into it. Do you think their ultimate intention is to offload it to them?

24 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

That's interesting. Didn't realise they had bought into it. Do you think their ultimate intention is to offload it to them?

According to the info at companies house, it was bought outright by DHP and so the continued involvement of the previous owners will be on an employee or consultant basis..

No idea what DHP intend for the festival long term, I doubt they'll leave it entirely unchanged (nor should they) but obviously they won't have spent the money with the intention of trashing their investment - so I'm hopeful they recognise that the kind of changes that make it more like LN/Superstruct type events won't go down well with this audience.

48 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Paul TM - where is the Oxfam field this year - the email doesn't make it obvious- same location as 2019?

No idea, not on site till Monday and even then I am not sure where exactly it was before, I think it was across the road in 2019 next to crew? 

1 hour ago, incident said:

According to the info at companies house, it was bought outright by DHP and so the continued involvement of the previous owners will be on an employee or consultant basis..

No idea what DHP intend for the festival long term, I doubt they'll leave it entirely unchanged (nor should they) but obviously they won't have spent the money with the intention of trashing their investment - so I'm hopeful they recognise that the kind of changes that make it more like LN/Superstruct type events won't go down well with this audience.

Was this a covid decision do you think after 2 years lost..? End of an era...

16 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Was this a covid decision do you think after 2 years lost..? End of an era...

I've always said the last band I want to see at my last festival was Flaming Lips. Although Bearded isnt our last booked festival for this year (and hopefully I might have a few more festival years in me yet), if this is my last Bearded, can't imagine a better way to end it.

Hello all. 

I'm attending for the first time this year with a couple of pals. Any tips on which campsite to aim for? Late 30s, no kids with us, extremely up for the craic. Trying to twist their arms to come Thursday rather than Friday morning. How's the queueing?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

I've always said the last band I want to see at my last festival was Flaming Lips. Although Bearded isnt our last booked festival for this year (and hopefully I might have a few more festival years in me yet), if this is my last Bearded, can't imagine a better way to end it.

Yeah, massive fan and very much looking forward to seeing them. Their most recent albums are excellent. Also, encouragingly, the latest Placebo offering is very strong too. Best BT set of headliners ever I’d say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deanzor said:

Hello all. 

I'm attending for the first time this year with a couple of pals. Any tips on which campsite to aim for? Late 30s, no kids with us, extremely up for the craic. Trying to twist their arms to come Thursday rather than Friday morning. How's the queueing?

Cheers!

Expect there might be a queue at 9am on the Thursday and possibly after the schools close Friday but otherwise you should be fine. Avoid camping in Family and you will be fine. The carpark to any of the campsites is not a massive trek...one of the easiest festivals I've ever been to.

Would definitely recommend talking your mates into getting there on the Thursday if you can, extra day drinking and the likes of Dreadzone and Craig Charles...why wouldn't you?!

Its a great festival...really nice laid back crowd, very few knobheads. Gonna be a cracking weekend...have a good one! 

12 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yeah, massive fan and very much looking forward to seeing them. Their most recent albums are excellent. Also, encouragingly, the latest Placebo offering is very strong too. Best BT set of headliners ever I’d say.

Must admit I was a bit indifferent about Placebo, despite loving them back in the day. Been listening to them loads recently and forgot how many great tunes they have, now on my must see list. 

Lost count of how many times I've seen Flaming Lips live and they have never been anything less than mind blowing

Some incredible bands on...gonna be an absolutely cracking weekend! 

Edited by Flaminglippy

Looking forward to it this year, but sadly I can't travel up til the Friday. 

Does anyone know the closest train station and how easy it is to get from the train station to the site? (Beautiful days was always pretty easy with the shuttle bus, but I note that Bearded Theory isn't providing that service sadly) 

Coach is only going up on the Thursday.

Travelling up from Kent

Thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, chrisfestival said:

Looking forward to it this year, but sadly I can't travel up til the Friday. 

Does anyone know the closest train station and how easy it is to get from the train station to the site? (Beautiful days was always pretty easy with the shuttle bus, but I note that Bearded Theory isn't providing that service sadly) 

Coach is only going up on the Thursday.

Travelling up from Kent

Thanks in advance

Lichfield Trent Valley is 10ish minutes in a taxi, so shouldn't be too extortionate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Reading this and people talking about "in the recent emails" and I haven't had anything since last year. 

Should I be worried????

I have my ticket printed out and all that.

All the email newsletters are on the website anyway (or posted in here or on FB) so just re-sign up to the newsletter if worried