Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

On 4/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, Beerqueen said:

How's everyone getting on with working out their "must sees"?  I'm really liking The Mission, Blackballed, The Lagan, Fat White Family and October Drift so far.

Craig Charles, Dubioza Kolektiv, Bob Vylan, Fat White Family, Frank Turner, Patti Smith, Bar Stewards and Flaming Lips are my certainties. Can't wait now, it'll be here before we know it!

Edited by elgatonegrofabricwardrobe
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Craig Charles, Dubioza Kolektiv, Bob Vylan, Fat White Family, Frank Turner, Patti Smith, Bar Stewards and Flaming Lips are my certainties. Can't wait now, it'll be here before we know it!

Yes, I'd forgotten Craig Charles and Patti Smith - and Barstewards are also a definite for me!  Dubioza are a "probably" but I've seen them before so it will depend on who else is on at the same time - they're set in 2018? was brilliant!

On 4/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, bertieb73 said:

Any idea if  rehydration tablets will dissolve in juice/lucozade as don't fancy the taste of salty lemon water?

Which brand do you have? I use SIS hydro tabs all the time as I sweat a lot when I run/cycle/swim and they don't taste particularly salty to me, I guess the idea of having them flavoured is so they don't taste salty. I like the Pink Grapefruit flavour the best. They'll dissolve in other juice no problem, but be wary that the clash in flavours might not deliver good results. Not sure about Lucozade, if you have the isotonic version it'll already have stuff in it so it might have trouble dissolving anymore. Tbh if you have the isotonic version you probably won't need to add anything else. Not sure what'll happen if you try to dissolve in the fizzy version either.

15 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Any other insights? Have you seen a bar menu yet, I'm very intrigued

It is on their newsletter just emailed. Text as follows:

Happy May! Bearded Theory is just around the corner, and we can't wait to welcome you back to the glorious Catton Park 

Just to let you know, everyone should have now received their tickets. Please get in touch via tickets@springmusic.co.uk if yours hasn't arrived yet, and we can get you sorted out in plenty of time.

If you haven't sorted your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Act quick and pick yours up now!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

On top of an incredible line-up of music planned throughout the 4 days at Bearded, including Placebo, Patti Smith, The Flaming Lips, Frank Carter, The Hives, Frank Turner and many more, there is so much extra to get involved with as well!

We're talking about comedy, the funfair, arts & crafts workshops and of course our huge children’s zone for those Bearded families.

We've just announced a full line-up of comedians who are guaranteed to get you laughing your faces off at the festival this year. Check them out!

We've got a great range to fill your glass with at Bearded this year!  All our main bars will be stocked with a quaffable selection of crisp lagers, local cask, tasty ciders, crafty cans, spirits, soft drinks, wine and much more, all at great prices.

You'll see Thornbridge's delectable drinks on every bar, plus new to 2022 the brewery are running their own bar within the campsite with a huge range of Peak District brewed bevs.

If you are a cider drinker you can "drinks it all of the day" over at the bar in the Campervan Field where Westons will have extra drinks on tap.

Craft beer lovers, not only do we have Thornbridge in attendance, but two of Yorkshire's finest brewers, Magic Rock and Vocation will also be serving in their own arena bars.

More of a spirits fan? We have you covered too. Not only will all our bars have a big range, but Jack Daniels have a dedicated bar to serve whiskey blended cocktails and classic JD & mixers.

CHEERS TO THAT! 🍻🍸

It's been a long time since we've thrown our party! But in under 3 weeks we'll all have our tents pitched and be ready for the most amazing weekend.

If you've not sorted your ticket to all the festivities yet, get a move on and snap one up, you won't regret it, we promise!

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Thornbridge bar in campsite and Weston's bar in campervan field, Amazing 😁

Significant bar expansion by the look of it - so thats 2 in the campervan / campsite plus 2 more in Arena (along with usual Ackos and Gail's is it)?

Beginning to get excited for this now. However my pregnant girlfriend can no longer get up from the floor 🤣 As a result I've bought a double camp bed for use with our cheap and nasty double airbed. However a pre-fest test has revealed it is no longer fit for purpose. I know eFests is the place for camping equipment boffins, so who can recommend me a decent double mattress?

Initially only wanted to spend £40-50 but if there's something out there that's amazing I could possibly stretch to £100 as we'll likely get good use out of it in future. 

The "Outwell Dreamcatcher Double (7.5cm) Self Inflating Sleeping Mat" seems about the best I've found (albeit slightly out my price range). The bed I've bought is the Outwell Posadas double, and is 135cm wide so looking for an equivalent width mat.

Any ideas chaps? 😃

Edited by Fearless_Fish

13 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Beginning to get excited for this now. However my pregnant girlfriend can no longer get up from the floor 🤣 As a result I've bought a double camp bed for use with our cheap and nasty double airbed. However a pre-fest test has revealed it is no longer fit for purpose. I know eFests is the place for camping equipment boffins, so who can recommend me a decent double mattress?

Initially only wanted to spend £40-50 but if there's something out there that's amazing I could possibly stretch to £100 as we'll likely get good use out of it in future. 

The "Outwell Dreamcatcher Double (7.5cm) Self Inflating Sleeping Mat" seems about the best I've found (albeit slightly out my price range). The bed I've bought is the Outwell Posadas double, and is 135cm wide so looking for an equivalent width mat.

Any ideas chaps? 😃

No suggestions on what to get, but I am sure if you post in the Glastonbury section you will get far more responses.

15 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Any ideas chaps? 😃

We have a double campbed which we put a double airbed on top of and it works great, much better nights sleep. In terms of airbeds, we've had a couple but tend to find the self inflating ones don't tend to be as good, we had one we used for a couple of festivals but it was pretty shit, barely off the floor. Much better after getting an airbed we inflate ourselves along with a cheap battery operated pump. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

image.png.d46fad7369b3af8b6965207c707b5983.png

Gutted.

mmm, wonder what that's about. was she clashing with the Flaming Lips? didn't think I would get to see her anyway

I came across a Facebook Memory today where I was raving about the bands due to play on the One Big Showcase Stage at BT in 2018.  I've done a quick google and it's run been run in the past by Academy of Music and Sound but I can't find any reference to it this year?  Anyone know anything?