Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

15 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

I wanted to start packing at the weekend until I saw the look my other half gave me then quickly went off the idea! 

Anybody gone ahead of their family before, had any issues pitching in family if the family aren't actually with you? I am going Thursday and they are joining me Thursday. Got to make sure I don't overdo it Thursday and write Friday off. 

I'm in the same boat, pitching the tent on the Thursday afternoon and the family joining me after school on the Friday.  Hope I can pitch in the family field by explaining the situation and pretty confident there won't be an issue.  Will just have a bag containing sticker books, ear defenders, and Freddo's* to prove my son will be joining me.

*The Freddo's are actually for me....

8 minutes ago, bertieb73 said:

I'm in the same boat, pitching the tent on the Thursday afternoon and the family joining me after school on the Friday.  Hope I can pitch in the family field by explaining the situation and pretty confident there won't be an issue.  Will just have a bag containing sticker books, ear defenders, and Freddo's* to prove my son will be joining me.

*The Freddo's are actually for me....

A few festivals are very strict that your kids have to be with you if you are pitching in family...Bearded tends to be more relaxed. I'll have a copy of their tickets with me just in case. 

To be honest as much as I love having the babby at festivals, really looking forward to the Thursday, just having a day to wander round on my own, drink, talk to randoms...

18 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Its an absolutely fantastic weekend with the friendliest crowd. Great site, very easy to get round, huge choice of beers. You won't regret it! 

From what I have seen through online research it looks great.

I won't be arriving until the Thursday night after work, is it a case of camping where you can find a spot or can you advise the pros/cons of each campsite if space is available?

1 hour ago, idb said:

I won't be arriving until the Thursday night after work, is it a case of camping where you can find a spot or can you advise the pros/cons of each campsite if space is available?

I've been twice and never had trouble finding a pitch - although both times we arrived just after midday.  It didn't feel like we were crammed in over the weekend so I think you should be fine finding a space on Thursday evening/night. You might be a little further away from the stages but to be honest you're never really far from anything at Bearded Theory.

I'm questioning how busy it will actually be this year, seems like there are a lot of people selling on Twickets and there's still tickets available to buy through their website - suppose we are still a few weeks off yet though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, idb said:

You should be fine...the campsites aren't far from the car park anyway (compared to most festivals) and when we have been never feels like you are on each others shoulders. Expect a lot of people won't be coming until the Friday anyway if they have kids that haven't got a place in the Bearded school. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I'll be there on the Wed - only ever done Bearded with Oxfam - 7th year. I'll make sure its all tidy for y'all 😉

I'll be there the Monday pre-show week as usual.. not long now 🙂 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, Flaminglippy said:

A few festivals are very strict that your kids have to be with you if you are pitching in family...Bearded tends to be more relaxed. I'll have a copy of their tickets with me just in case. 

To be honest as much as I love having the babby at festivals, really looking forward to the Thursday, just having a day to wander round on my own, drink, talk to randoms...

Good idea on the copy of the kids ticket, will sort that out now....First time for my 7 year old at a festival so not sure how it will go to be honest.  I think he will love it but know it's going to be a different experience for me.  Pros and Cons I guess....Can't wait....

1 hour ago, bertieb73 said:

Good idea on the copy of the kids ticket, will sort that out now....First time for my 7 year old at a festival so not sure how it will go to be honest.  I think he will love it but know it's going to be a different experience for me.  Pros and Cons I guess....Can't wait....

We've been taking our babby since she was 1 pretty much, she is 7 this year and honestly doesn't have that much of an impact other than costing a bloody fortune in ice cream. We tend to let her let her know the mornings are hers and she can do all the kids stuff until 1-2pm until the music starts then she watches the music with us. Works well. Obviously helps that she likes listening to music. 

Think its such a great experience for kids to be seeing people at their best

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

How's everyone getting on with working out their "must sees"?  I'm really liking The Mission, Blackballed, The Lagan, Fat White Family and October Drift so far.

We must see the entrance, a wristband on our wrists and our tent up -  after that anything is a bonus

Quick question on directions to the site - I'm coming down from North Wales with the caravan so down the M6 - however the 'official' directions from the North are based on the M1.

What's the best way onto site if I'm coming down the M6 with a van?  Is it onto the toll road or can I come off earlier?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BluePaul said:

Quick question on directions to the site - I'm coming down from North Wales with the caravan so down the M6 - however the 'official' directions from the North are based on the M1.

What's the best way onto site if I'm coming down the M6 with a van?  Is it onto the toll road or can I come off earlier?

Thanks!

The best way for everyone, except for a small number of people who live locally, is to go via the A38/A513 junction. Anything prior to that point is general traffic rather than Festival traffic - I'd just put the junction into Google Maps and see what options it gives you.

I'm allergic to tolls, and so depending on where you join the M6, cutting across to Derby via the A50 may be the option I'd go for, rather than following the M6 all the way to near Birmingham. But anything prior to the junction is personal preference really.

1 minute ago, incident said:

The best way for everyone, except for a small number of people who live locally, is to go via the A38/A513 junction. Anything prior to that point is general traffic rather than Festival traffic - I'd just put the junction into Google Maps and see what options it gives you.

I'm allergic to tolls, and so depending on where you join the M6, cutting across to Derby via the A50 may be the option I'd go for, rather than following the M6 all the way to near Birmingham. But anything prior to the junction is personal preference really.

That's brilliant - thanks!

Just realised theres a massive Morrisons just up the road. Ideal place to meet my mate who's in his campervan and transfer a load of stuff to him so I don't have to carry it across the site from the car parking.....result!!

Only a few weeks - better warm up a bit. freezing up here in the barren northern wastelands.

Incidentally, a reminder that the offer still stands for anyone struggling for a lift from the North - I'm travelling down solo from Northumberland and have plenty of space if anyone needs picking up/dropping off within reasonable distance of the M1 - no cost.

Edited by Copperface

Made my first purchase today for the festival, going to try some rehydration tablets for the first time to see if it reduces the hangovers.  Thing is, I may be too drunk to remember to take them before going to bed!  If they work then also come in handy as going to Glastonbudget festival just 3 days after I get back from Bearded...

Any idea if  rehydration tablets will dissolve in juice/lucozade as don't fancy the taste of salty lemon water?

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

2 weeks on Monday till I go onsite for the build... can't wait! 

thats very exciting

Can we get updates on the build?

is it 9am gates open on the Thursday?

1 hour ago, Perks said:

is it 9am gates open on the Thursday?

Still showing as that on the website. Which I didnt realise. I was still under the impression it was about 1pm. Going to be setting off a bit earlier then.......

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Still showing as that on the website. Which I didnt realise. I was still under the impression it was about 1pm. Going to be setting off a bit earlier then.......

Cool, i thought i read 9am somewhere

Yep, may aswell get there as early as, make the most of it.