Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

Remarkably quiet here considering we're only two months away from this?

Anyway.

Firstly, if anyone is looking to go to Beardy from North East of the venue and struggling for transport I'm travelling down solo on the Thursday returning on the Monday coming down the M1 from way, way North. Would be able to deviate off and give a lift to anyone struggling to get there and back. Loads of room in a large car so no problems there. Did this for another efester last year to Latitude so I'm not going to murder you.

Secondly I'm meeting a friend there who'll be in a campervan, and I intend to park my car up in the car park then wander over with my stuff and pitch my tent next to his van. Normally do this at EotR and other festivals. Is it permitted at Beardy? Also, how far is it from the car parks to the van fields? Not seen a current map layout yet. Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Secondly I'm meeting a friend there who'll be in a campervan, and I intend to park my car up in the car park then wander over with my stuff and pitch my tent next to his van. Normally do this at EotR and other festivals. Is it permitted at Beardy? Also, how far is it from the car parks to the van fields? Not seen a current map layout yet. Thanks for any advice.

Yes, as long as you and him both fit within his allocated (and marked out) 7mx7m pitch.

Doubt the layout will have changed much - certainly not in terms of Car Park and Live In locations - It's a decent walk by Bearded standards (through the campsite, skirt around the edge of the Arena), but not huge compared to other festivals. Maybe 10 minutes at the nearest points, up to a maximum of probably about 25 depending on where you're each parked up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes, as long as you and him both fit within his allocated (and marked out) 7mx7m pitch.

Doubt the layout will have changed much - certainly not in terms of Car Park and Live In locations - It's a decent walk by Bearded standards (through the campsite, skirt around the edge of the Arena), but not huge compared to other festivals. Maybe 10 minutes at the nearest points, up to a maximum of probably about 25 depending on where you're each parked up.

Cheers. Will travel light and get him to bring all the important heavy stuff in his van then 👍.

Found an old map and the van fields look diametrically opposed to general car parking which is a pain.

33 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Cheers. Will travel light and get him to bring all the important heavy stuff in his van then 👍.

Found an old map and the van fields look diametrically opposed to general car parking which is a pain.

It will be fine, its all flat and the sun will be shining!

And yeah its been quiet on here, not long now though and very excited for this! 

Off to see Placebo on Thursday in London at the album launch show and after years of hassling Rich to book them, this year is the year! 😄

We should attempt another efest meet (usually not very successful) on the Thursday!

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Off to see Placebo on Thursday in London at the album launch show and after years of hassling Rich to book them, this year is the year! 😄

We should attempt another efest meet (usually not very successful) on the Thursday!

They are always successful..........

Just we meet in different places at different times.

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Placebo were fantastic in the tent at Latitude in 2019(?), really good sound and note perfect - looking forward to them, the Lips and Shame plus a load of others.

I for one am getting exited now as the countdown gets closer.  Attended a few in the early days but not been to one since 2014.  Be different for me as will have my 8 year old son in tow.  His first festival and can't think of a better introduction due to the kid friendly nature of it.  My first time at this venue so can't wait to see the layout and only heard good things about the Woodland stage from my sister who has attended every year it's been held.

Think it was about 2009 I attended an unofficial efestivals meet up and was one of the strangest experiences of my life involving lots of dope and people just staring into space!  

Another clear memory was being in a Portaloo when the Tornado hit many years ago thinking someone was trying to push it over...Fortunately, it stayed upright...

See you in a field in Derbyshire....

• Upvote 1

Buzzing for BT this year, line up is tops as per

Shame about the Wednesday, was looking forward to going that day and getting set up and chilling out. still as others have said my liver will be happy

40 minutes ago, Perks said:

Buzzing for BT this year, line up is tops as per

Shame about the Wednesday, was looking forward to going that day and getting set up and chilling out. still as others have said my liver will be happy

Yes but still got all day Thursday to make up for it 😉

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Eventbrite have sent the tickets - I am officially excited.

This thing got real 🙂

How easy is this process? For Beautiful Days last year used Seetickets...absolute nightmare...got the tickets literally the day before we left to go. So much easier getting them this far in advance. 

Can't wait...great line up, lovely people, and in a couple of days we can actually say its next month. 

8 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

How easy is this process? For Beautiful Days last year used Seetickets...absolute nightmare...got the tickets literally the day before we left to go. So much easier getting them this far in advance. 

Can't wait...great line up, lovely people, and in a couple of days we can actually say its next month. 

Eventbirite tickets emailed today
Gigantic tickets will be on your order/account to download

All so easy.

BD last year was cos they only had 4-6 weeks notice that the festival was on at all so anything that could go wrong did. They are normally so much better.

5 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

My friend ordered BD tickets from See Tickets this year and got them about a week later, I think. Guess they changed that rule!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Eventbirite tickets emailed today
Gigantic tickets will be on your order/account to download

All so easy.

BD last year was cos they only had 4-6 weeks notice that the festival was on at all so anything that could go wrong did. They are normally so much better.

I had the added bonus of going into the account to buy a car parking pass and realising that I'd forgotten that I'd already paid for one all those years ago. 

3 hours ago, Copperface said:

I had the added bonus of going into the account to buy a car parking pass and realising that I'd forgotten that I'd already paid for one all those years ago. 

I had forgotten we got lucky and got the Early Bird Tickets...... so long ago.

It will be worth the wait though.

23 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

We managed to get super early birds £110 for all this 

Bargain, please remember that and help support the festival at the bars etc as overall costs have went up over 30% since those tickets were sold... and be prepared for a possible higher than usual increase next time.

13 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Bargain, please remember that and help support the festival at the bars etc as overall costs have went up over 30% since those tickets were sold... and be prepared for a possible higher than usual increase next time.

Even with a hefty price rise it will still be one of the best value for money festivals there is.

Even at full price think Bearded is great value for money in terms of line up, being able to take own booze in etc. I tend to only drink my own booze at the campsite...with the great range of ale on at Bearded last thing I want to be doing is drinking warm supermarket beer out of a can.

Genuinely cannot wait..such a great weekend. 

On 3/30/2022 at 4:48 PM, PiltonPorking said:

Hi,

If anyone is interested there is a camper van ticket and face value (no fees) adult weekend ticket available here:

https://tixel.com/u/8456247

Cheers for this, me pal just bagged the campervan ticket, been on the lookout for a while. Thanks for sharing

On 3/28/2022 at 5:41 PM, Flaminglippy said:

IT'S NEXT MONTH 😁😁😁

• Upvote 1