Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

On 1/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Any update on when the final sub is confirmed? I am so convinced it is The Charlatans

Primal Scream were on the original lineup subbing Patti Smith, I'm wondering if it will be them.

The Charlatans would be awesome instead though, one of those bands I've liked for years but never gotten round to seeing

I have to say the line up for this year is disappointing for me and I seriously questioning if I go to this or not, I have a ticket from last year. It is s great festival and the crowd I go with are brilliant but I need to be excited by the music on offer. Atm there's about 3 or 4 bands I want to see if that and System 7 in the dance tent and that's it. 

It's not a moan, I know this festival isn't aimed at the likes of me that likes post punk type bands but chuck in that I have a ticket for Glasto and well the line up is an issue for me.  

7 hours ago, The Dawg said:

I have to say the line up for this year is disappointing for me and I seriously questioning if I go to this or not, I have a ticket from last year. It is s great festival and the crowd I go with are brilliant but I need to be excited by the music on offer. Atm there's about 3 or 4 bands I want to see if that and System 7 in the dance tent and that's it. 

It's not a moan, I know this festival isn't aimed at the likes of me that likes post punk type bands but chuck in that I have a ticket for Glasto and well the line up is an issue for me.  

I'm with you on the line up. Been for the last 5 festivals and loved it (definitely won't be giving up my ticket), but for my tastes, this is definitely the weakest line up since I started attending. I've got maybe 6 must sees so far, but I do have to work through the Maui Waui line up. 

Edited by Boomtowner

7 hours ago, The Dawg said:

29 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I'm with you on the line up. Been for the last 5 festivals and loved it (definitely won't be giving up my ticket), but for my tastes, this is definitely the weakest line up since I started attending. I've got maybe 6 must sees so far, but I do have to work through the Maui Waui line up. 

I might be a bit biased, but for me it's the best line up out all of them I've been to (only missed 2)

Thankfully we all like different things, I've been to a few that I've hardly seen any bands, this year I will be facing clash central.

Hopefully you go, find some new music to listen to and see you there x

I'm hoping so too Paul, I've listened to 80 per cent of the acts released for Pallet and Woodland and got my very short list. I just don't think it will be my year.

I've already got the dates pencilled in my diary for 2023 and 2024 so it won't change my feelings towards the festival. It's the first festival in my diary because of the value for money and because I'm guaranteed a ticket. Plus I love the beer!

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Latest poster, sadly no Wednesday opening though.

Gates 9am Thursday

LINE-UP-FOR-SITE-FEB.jpg

A few little changes as well as the TBA being A'd....

Guesswork clashfinder that is no replacement for programme on arrival has been updated.

So is Weds definately not  a thing now, website has always only shown Thursday so not being on the poster is not definate..... unless you know otjherwise?

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A few little changes as well as the TBA being A'd....

Guesswork clashfinder that is no replacement for programme on arrival has been updated.

So is Weds definately not  a thing now, website has always only shown Thursday so not being on the poster is not definate..... unless you know otjherwise?

It's on the newsletter, no Wednesday

Shame about not opening on the Wednesday but it is what it is. Some decent new additions. Saw that Andrew Cushin at an all dayer in Brum a while ago, he was good but totally up his own arse. Spent ages saying how shit a night out in Brum is and slagging off the crowd for being quiet which put me off him a bit. Bellend (even if he did have a point)

Loads of clashes, will be gutted if Dubioza Kolektiv and Bob Vylan clash