Bearded Theory 2022

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

The undertones? Is this the original line up or a queenesque feargel stand in?

2 hours ago, incident said:

It's a stand-in, but it's the same stand-in that they've had since they reformed in the 90s, and have released a few (largely ignored) albums of new material with so it's long term at this point. It's nowhere near the almost karaoke levels that Queen have reached. The rest of the band is unchanged since the mid 70s.

and I can vouch for how good they are.

• 4 weeks later...

bearded-2022-v2.1.jpg

Hives and Frank Turner added as subs on Pallet. Magical sounds announced.

Other acts joining today’s announcement across the Pallet and Woodland are alt rockers YONAKA, Yorkshire synthpop band WORKING MEN'S CLUB, post-punk act BILLY NOMATES, punk rockers JOHN, alt rock band DO NOTHING, ska band POPES OF CHILLITOWN, punk band BOB VYLAN, syche guitar band AFFLECKS PALACE, indie rock band JAWS, rock trio LITTLE COMETS, reggae band CONCRETE ROSE and indue pop band ECHO MACHINE

Magical Sounds welcomes EAT STATIC, MICHAEL DOG, SUBGIANT, CHILDREN OF THE BONG, SYSTEM 7, ZION TRAIN, GLOWBONES, KEEPERS BREW, ZUBZUB, OZRIC TENTACLES, MERV PEPLER, ASTRALASIA, TEMPLEHEAD, TASHA KILLER PUSSIES, HANS DELBRUK, KELVIN 373, CLUMSY, STATE OF SATTA, MUSHROOM PROJECT, BAKA BEYOND, INDIGO HERDER, CELTARABIA and SLACKBABA.

Absolutely delighted with it. They've been asked for Frank to headline for years but it always clashed with his Lost Evenings thang. I'd written him off for next year with the headliner spots being filled and there he is!

The Hives too! Brilliant stuff.

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Really tempting. Whilst I have a Glasto ticket quite a few of our lot don't so might see if I can strong arm them into doing this. Am I right that you can take your own booze in, and there's decent craft/real ale on site? 

Yeah, you can take your own booze in which is a huge plus.  The bars are excellent too, really good selection of ales and ciders.

22 minutes ago, not worthy said:

I'm already looking forward to the efests meeting at this one.

I think only one has been successful in the years people have tried. I remember spotting a few people sitting outside one of the bars a few years back but normally they peter out with no-one actually meeting.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think only one has been successful in the years people have tried. I remember spotting a few people sitting outside one of the bars a few years back but normally they peter out with no-one actually meeting.

Let's sort it for 2022 then.. about time we did it right 🤣

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Let's sort it for 2022 then.. about time we did it right 🤣

The only person I spoke to last time was @Avalon_Fields after he came over to our camp site as he'd recognised my flag from Twitter. 

He opened with "Which one of you is The Thingy?" which confused the Hell out of most of our group as they had no idea what The Thingy is or what he was on about 😄

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Really tempting. Whilst I have a Glasto ticket quite a few of our lot don't so might see if I can strong arm them into doing this. Am I right that you can take your own booze in, and there's decent craft/real ale on site? 

Yeah, spot on. Take your booze and food anywhere on site but there is an incredible choice of ale at the bars. You 100% won't regret it if you book! 

Genuinely one of the loveliest festival crowds as well. 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

This is the Bar price list from last time.

57194589_2283485221731094_93576202247628

And that's just the regular bars, the Woodland Bar has a wider selection.

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Fantastic lineup!

Has anybody volunteered with Oxfam for this before and have any idea how many places are available? 

Its been over 5 years since i volunteered for them, so unfortunately i don't get priority status..

I have, a while ago.

I'm not sure of the exact number of places available but it'll be fairly low - the last few years it's been one of the first festivals to fill, and usually within an hour or so of priority applications opening.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sleaford Mods work a lot with BillNoMates who are announced today and well worth seeing.

I wonder if they are the Friday sub?

Far too shouty, they've got that covered with Shame. Could do with a little indie in the mix.

Hopefully one of the up coming bands, any from The Reytons, Lathums, Snuts or the K's would suit me.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

I have, a while ago.

I'm not sure of the exact number of places available but it'll be fairly low - the last few years it's been one of the first festivals to fill, and usually within an hour or so of priority applications opening.

Thought as much. Shame because its one ive wanted to give a go for ages. 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thought as much. Shame because its one ive wanted to give a go for ages. 

I should say, the reason I've not worked it for a while is because I decided that with the festival being so good and the ticket so cheap, that it's worthwhile going as a punter instead. I'd recommend just grabbing a ticket.

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sleaford Mods work a lot with BillNoMates who are announced today and well worth seeing.

I wonder if they are the Friday sub?

I hope so. Saw them a few years ago at Bearded and they went down a storm. Cracked up at the mum in front of me who covered her young son's ears and ushered him out of the crowd 2 songs in saying "no no no no no" 🙂

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The only person I spoke to last time was @Avalon_Fields after he came over to our camp site as he'd recognised my flag from Twitter. 

He opened with "Which one of you is The Thingy?" which confused the Hell out of most of our group as they had no idea what The Thingy is or what he was on about 😄

That was funny! You should have said you were the ‘Secret Thingy’. I’ll try not to be a stalker next year.